17/18 Financial Results

Kinder

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Where have I said it's brilliant business? I've merely stated that I don't see the raft of potential pitfalls that you do. Distinct case of pot / kettle I reckon. You want to focus on the latter, all good. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

You don't see them even though I've spelt them out to you?

Pot/kettle sometimes but certainly not on this occasion. 

I'm not focusing on anything. As already stated there could be pros or cons. Not sure how this is seen as focusing on the latter.

The only negative comments I've made are that I think it was wrong that MM didn't mention this despite talking at length about FFP. After all this is probably the largest financial transaction in the club's history and he didn't think to mention it? 

And the fact that this COULD be diverting revenue away from the club to another of MMs companies. 

Hardly like I'm leading a crusade against him.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You don't see them even though I've spelt them out to you?

Pot/kettle sometimes but certainly not on this occasion. 

I'm not focusing on anything. As already stated there could be pros or cons. Not sure how this is seen as focusing on the latter.

The only negative comments I've made are that I think it was wrong that MM didn't mention this despite talking at length about FFP. After all this is probably the largest financial transaction in the club's history and he didn't think to mention it? 

And the fact that this COULD be diverting revenue away from the club to another of MMs companies. 

Hardly like I'm leading a crusade against him.

Where have I said I don't see them? And, once again, where have I stated that it's brilliant business? Pure straw man BS. You're ascribing comments to me that I've not made then complaining that I'm doing the same to you.

You took your slant on Mel not bringing this up before the fans forum - your actual words were that you were skeptical about his motives for doing so and thought his silence to be disingenuous, did you not? WOuld it help if I quote them? WIll that refresh your memory? Fine, so you've had your say and you've been called out on it. This is a forum no?

Not sure why you always get your pants in such a twist when folk argue that they feel you're wrong or being unfair. Nor do I see how you can make the prior comments then claim impartiality and an open mind. You've chucked shade at Morris straight from the off on this purchase, it's right there in black and white and now are whining because someone disagrees with you. I'll leave it there in any case. 

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Not allowed to revalue tangible fixed assets upwards under FRS102, only downwards to fair value where appropriate (via amortisation).

Think you can under UK accounting standards, as long as you disclose the basis of revaluation. Could swear it was possible in my CIMA exams anyway.

8 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Yes; I’m pretty sure @loweman2 has most of the original bricks, turnstiles, chunks of pitch, flags, goal-posts, floodlight bulbs,  Sam Longson’s trilby, Sam Longson original cigar butt, and other various BBG artefacts in his garden shed. ?

Brilliant @Ellafella??

everybody laughed when I told them one day it would be worth it ! May need a help though guys sorting it al out, my filing system has gone to sh t. ?

B25E3DB9-14A1-4C90-9DFE-9392DCD91E16.jpeg

I still can't understand the plaudits being handed out by having to avoid FFP sanctions via selling the football ground and thereby covering a £25 million operating  loss over a season which was the same season that generated ten's of millions of pounds in revenues from player sales. 

I still haven't seen the full debate here on how the club has contrived to get into that horrible situation in the first place? All I've seen is praise in Morris circumnavigating the FFP via a clever financial manoeuvre rather then why we are having to contrive this get out.

20 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Hopefully this is because Mel wants to selll a share in the club but keep 100% ownership of the ground, with developments etc

Having lived right next to York City I’m always very uneasy about the owner taking ownership of the stadium though 

People are assuming that he's going to keep the stadium and sell the club.

The club and the stadium are pretty worthless without each other, all it does is protect his investment from any potential buyout and gets us through the FFP restrictions for these and next years accounts.

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I still can't understand the plaudits being handed out by having to avoid FFP sanctions via selling the football ground and thereby covering a £25 million operating  loss over a season which was the same season that generated ten's of millions of pounds in revenues from player sales. 

I still haven't seen the full debate here on how the club has contrived to get into that horrible situation in the first place? All I've seen is praise in Morris circumnavigating the FFP via a clever financial manoeuvre rather then why we are having to contrive this get out.

We tried to buy our way out of the league and failed, doesn't mean it was wrong to try, not many people were criticising him when we were splashing the cash.

At the same time though, he was looking long term and also investing in getting the academy up to grade 1, which I think we're starting to see the benefits of now with the U23s and U18s doing so well, so hopefully this manoeuvre steers us through the next couple of seasons FFP after which we'll be more sustainable with some of the youngsters coming through. 

2 minutes ago, curb said:

We tried to buy our way out of the league and failed, doesn't mean it was wrong to try, not many people were criticising him when we were splashing the cash.

At the same time though, he was looking long term and also investing in getting the academy up to grade 1, which I think we're starting to see the benefits of now with the U23s and U18s doing so well, so hopefully this manoeuvre steers us through the next couple of seasons FFP after which we'll be more sustainable with some of the youngsters coming through. 

Yer I just can't see how it's being lauded as a  huge financial masterstroke when the point is being missed on why Morris has had to do this in the first place which is down to his financial mismanagement.

Or he can slope that one off on Sam Rush for fiduciary negligence.

30 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I wouldn't call the fees we received for Christie and Russell "tens of millions". Perhaps you're right... we must have received a hell of a lot from loaning out Shackell, Blackman, Martin, Butterfield and Bryson!

No wonder Frank has aged 10 years in 10 months.

The financial pressure on the club to get promoted and receive a slice of the Premier League pie is huge and seemingly only going to get bigger and bigger.

Yes, it’s a victory. We have met FFP guidelines and done so within the rules. There’ll be no fine and no points deduction, and our fate can be decided on the pitch.

But it’s not a victory worth celebrating. In essence, it was a case of desperate times call for desperate (yet creative) measures. We can’t gloss over the fact we are being run in an unsustainable manner, and urgently need promotion to fix years of spending, hiring and firing our way into trouble.

The wolves were at the door, we banished them, but while we are in the Championship, such crafty measures are only delaying the inevitable. The wolves will be back.

34 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

difficult to debate when we don't have the full background, all you can do is guess.  We bought badly, which is undeniable I think, then we did not manage these guys out, and (maybe) we didn't or were unable to reduce their carrying values meaning we have a mountain of cost to absorb in one year.  Seriously lucky that we have an undervalued asset to utilize.  Or was that always the plan, the ground being a rainy day asset?

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

The wolves were at the door, we banished them, but while we are in the Championship, such crafty measures are only delaying the inevitable. The wolves will be back.

are you sure?  They beat manure last night?

Archived