Sign in to follow this  
David

Bolton

1 minute ago, Needless said:

Youth team though?

No staff are being paid, including the youth team.
If you're talking about going so young that they're not being paid anyway, I'm confident there are rules against playing those players. Pretty sure every youth player we've played has a professional contract.

I'm talking about the U18's, and I'm guessing they're on apprentice/scholar terms unless they show enough to get that first pro contract. Even if they all are paid, if I were a senior pro at Bolton, I wouldn't consider it out of order for them to play if were on strike, as I'd sooner see the club complete it's fixtures. 

If there are rules about it, I think this is a time to blank them and crack on. Who'd be damaged by it?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Needless said:

I'm talking about the U18's, and I'm guessing they're on apprentice/scholar terms unless they show enough to get that first pro contract. Even if they all are paid, if I were a senior pro at Bolton, I wouldn't consider it out of order for them to play if were on strike, as I'd sooner see the club complete it's fixtures. 

If there are rules about it, I think this is a time to blank them and crack on. Who'd be damaged by it?

So, looking it up, by EFL rules you can't register new players for the first team after March.

If it was before March, they could have applied to have each academy player they wanted to play registered for the firs team - but I'm unsure if there's a maximum number of players that can be registered in total. They'd still be unable to even if it was before March, because Friday afternoon before a Saturday game is after the deadline.

If they were already registered before March, they only need approval from the league and their parent(s) (and his school's head teacher) to play.

Edited by SaintRam

Very sad situation- but the league have banned the proposed new owner from taking over when at Watford for whatever reason and there are real apparent doubts that he has the actual money to do so - very sad for the Bolton supporters 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So, looking it up, by EFL rules you can't register new players for the first team after March.

If it was before March, they could have applied to have each academy player they wanted to play registered for the firs team - but I'm unsure if there's a maximum number of players that can be registered in total. They'd still be unable to even if it was before March, because Friday afternoon before a Saturday game is after the deadline.

If they were already registered before March, they need approval from the league and their parent(s) to play.

I hope they find a way through. ☹️

3 hours ago, Needless said:

Youth team step in? Only an issue to me if they played anyone 'in the mix' at either end. They've got Brentford and Forest, so no probs. This is where the league need to rooster a deaf 'un to the rules and give them the summer to get sorted.

From March 1st you must name 10 players in the squad from the previous match

28 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

What's the sanction if you don't?

Can’t find a specific sanction - just this...

“In the event any club breaches the threshold, they may be charged with a breach of Regulation 24 and the matter will be referred to a Disciplinary Commission.”

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can’t find a specific sanction - just this...

“In the event any club breaches the threshold, they may be charged with a breach of Regulation 24 and the matter will be referred to a Disciplinary Commission.”

Which comes back to my point. No point at this stage to start combing the rulebook to screw them over. Just ignore it (or ensure the disciplinary committee does no more than slap a wrist) in the interests of the greater good and let them get on with trying to have a club to support come August.

29 minutes ago, David said:

The EFL baring its gums again.

"The matter will be referred to an independent disciplinary panel who will establish whether or not the match should be replayed"

Ooooohhhhh.......

I read that this financial mess has been building up over the last 12 years but how have Bolton avoided falling foul of ffp?

It seems that ffp does not prevent a club going bankrupt; which was the whole point wasn't it??

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I read that this financial mess has been building up over the last 12 years but how have Bolton avoided falling foul of ffp?

It seems that ffp does not prevent a club going bankrupt; which was the whole point wasn't it??

P&S (previously FFP) prevents a club spending beyond its means. That isn’t (but historically was) Bolton’s problem. They have an owner who won’t put the money in. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

P&S (previously FFP) prevents a club spending beyond its means. That isn’t (but historically was) Bolton’s problem. They have an owner who won’t put the money in. 

Sounds like he went there looking to make money, not lose it. 

Tough situation now because the EFL have 2 options, look the other way and quickly pass this new guy through the fit and proper test or watch the club fold.

You would have thought they would have fast tracked him through by now, but no, guessing first thing Monday on the condition that the players are immediately played so the game against Forest goes ahead.

Ken Anderson might want to avoid future holidays to the Bolton area.

EFL have said they must play the remaining games, they feel they have the players to do so, would have been forced to play the U18s had they not had a game themselves. Don't see how the EFL can "force" the U18s to play, they could choose to stand with the rest of the club and refuse to play, then what?

Of course, in amongst all of this sorry mess, is the time limitations. 

Today's postponed game will have to be played this week, and the final game on Sunday at 12:30.  No way will the EFL allow any leeway on that!

It's a mess, and no doubt, if there is any suffering to be had, it'll be the fans that get it!  

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Of course, in amongst all of this sorry mess, is the time limitations. 

Today's postponed game will have to be played this week, and the final game on Sunday at 12:30.  No way will the EFL allow any leeway on that!

It's a mess, and no doubt, if there is any suffering to be had, it'll be the fans that get it!  

That's absolutely right. They must play the game this week and the game as scheduled on Sunday. 

If not, that's failing to fulfil their fixtures and they will be expelled from the football league. 

Bolton players have a big decision to make.