Sign in to follow this  
David

Bolton

3 minutes ago, David said:

He’s a slightly better Moose. 

The man that asks every player and manager for a selfie then calls them his friend, they’ve got no idea who he is, just some bloke that wants a selfie for his kid most likely.

I love that, in a cringing way. I goad Moose every now and then about his "friend".

2 minutes ago, David said:

Guarantee they have Windows computers. People never learn.

Well they certainly can't afford Macs.....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Shows how much money they wasted from their time in the Premier League. Should have bought one then, be still running sweet as a nut today 😂

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Well, since he left QPR I summose he miight have a few bob to spare and not need to sell his laptop now.

52 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Have they tried switching it off and on again?

That's what they need to do with their tax bill.

10 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Isn't he of somewhat cloudy financial probity?

When it's a choice of being owned by someone like that or having no club at all, I think I know what I'd choose. I doubt it'll be long before he tries to sell the club on for a profit anyway.

Has he actually improved any club he owned? Sold Watford after a year to the Pozzos (and they were the ones who got them out of the Championship) and then tried to buy Portsmouth.

doesn't sound like he's up to much to me.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Has he actually improved any club he owned? Sold Watford after a year to the Pozzos (and they were the ones who got them out of the Championship) and then tried to buy Portsmouth.

doesn't sound like he's up to much to me.

They finished in the top half of the table for the first time in 4 years after taking over.

He bought Watford for £440k before selling them for £500k (with Pozzo wiping out £10m debts). 

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They finished in the top half of the table for the first time in 4 years after taking over.

He bought Watford for £440k before selling them for £500k (with Pozzo wiping out £10m debts). 

So with that half a mil earning 0.5% interest in his Nationwide instant access savers account for the last 8 years, he should have the next fortnight's salaries sorted.....😂

32 minutes ago, JfR said:

"Bolton Wanderers players could refuse to play against Brentford over unpaid wages"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48067603

Would be interesting to see what happens if they go through with this and do refuse to play

Youth team step in? Only an issue to me if they played anyone 'in the mix' at either end. They've got Brentford and Forest, so no probs. This is where the league need to rooster a deaf 'un to the rules and give them the summer to get sorted.

3 minutes ago, Needless said:

Youth team step in? Only an issue to me if they played anyone 'in the mix' at either end. They've got Brentford and Forest, so no probs. This is where the league need to rooster a deaf 'un to the rules and give them the summer to get sorted.

I'm not sure what rules there are surrounding players without professional contracts but I don't think that would be allowed. 
Every U23 player who is under contract is also not being paid, so would also strike, you'd assume.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm not sure what rules there are surrounding players without professional contracts but I don't think that would be allowed. 
Every U23 player who is under contract is also not being paid, so would also strike, you'd assume.

Youth team though? There's no requirement I'm aware of for a selected player to be a professional.

Edited by Needless