Bolton

David

10 minutes ago, David said:

Not at all. 

I just think how I would feel if Derby were to go pop, wouldn’t wish that on anyone but Forest or Leeds.

Wouldn't feel comfortable either if it came to May and the only reason we made top 6 was the removal of points won against Bolton, imagine going up off the back of that?

Typical Derby storyline but one I would like us to avoid at all costs.

Worst Play-Off winners in history?   

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

Not at all. 

I just think how I would feel if Derby were to go pop, wouldn’t wish that on anyone but Forest or Leeds.

Wouldn't feel comfortable either if it came to May and the only reason we made top 6 was the removal of points won against Bolton, imagine going up off the back of that?

Typical Derby storyline but one I would like us to avoid at all costs.

We need Forest in this league while were in it . Can you imagine the vacuous drudge of  Wigan twice a year with no local Derby to look forward too. Once were up happily see them spend a few years in league 2 for the entertainment value .   Wouldn't want them to see them disappear though, watching them lose to Yeovil every now and again is too much fun.

21 hours ago, GenBr said:

It doesn't really enhance our position all that much though. We'd be 8 points behind West Brom instead of 11 and an extra 3 points ahead of 7th. In exchange we'd get to see the destruction of one of the oldest football clubs in England and all their associated history including 4 FA Cup wins go up in flames. No thanks.

But at the same time it would deprive the Red Dogs of 6 points, so I'm game.  EFL, do your worst...

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Nothing confirmed as yet.  Google just showing them "in doubt", as they were yesterday..

They've been given another 5 weeks to come up with some dosh for the taxman though...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47500131

"That match did go ahead, but on Tuesday it was announced that Bolton will have to play their next two home games behind closed doors after the club's safety advisory group decided they could not guarantee fans at the University of Bolton Stadium would be safe."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-live-fight-another-day-2716120

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"That match did go ahead, but on Tuesday it was announced that Bolton will have to play their next two home games behind closed doors after the club's safety advisory group decided they could not guarantee fans at the University of Bolton Stadium would be safe."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-live-fight-another-day-2716120

Ah... Apologies... my mistake!

I think the hint yesterday was that, whilst the closures were announced, there was hope it may get sorted in time to go ahead as normal, so the phrase of the day seemed to be "...Facing two games behind closed doors...", which I took to mean "Possibly"!

(My link to the Beeb article in my previous post currently states "On Tuesday, Wanderers' next two home matches were put in doubt after they were issued with an order preventing fans entering the ground for safety reasons."

Misunderstanding on my part!  

As you were... Carry on... Don't mind me!  :-)

Glad the games go ahead.

I read all the articles in papers whose headline's said "Bolton had been forced to play Behind Closed Doors" but none of them actually said in the text of the article that this was the case. Just that the safety certificate had been withdrawn and that the EFL were "searching for a solution". Think all the papers were jumping to conclusions.

Their prohibition notice being withdrawn following the staff being paid (and therefore having the ability to show up, which was the safety concern) suggests that they had indeed not been ordered to play their game behind closed doors, at that time.

Weird thing for the papers to write.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Glad the games go ahead.

I read all the articles in papers whose headline's said "Bolton had been forced to play Behind Closed Doors" but none of them actually said in the text of the article that this was the case. Just that the safety certificate had been withdrawn and that the EFL were "searching for a solution". Think all the papers were jumping to conclusions.

Their prohibition notice being withdrawn following the staff being paid (and therefore having the ability to show up, which was the safety concern) suggests that they had indeed not been ordered to play their game behind closed doors, at that time.

Weird thing for the papers to write.

Made you click though.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Made you click though.

Oh it did. In fact I clicked all of them cos I'm quite interested in this Bolton stuff and I was trying to find the source. It was the Guardian + random assortment of local rags who wrote the articles.

My theory is that the Guardian jumped to the conclusion, and put it out first, then the DET/Nottingham Post etc. regurgitated the story - as they do nowadays, without actually checking.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Oh it did. In fact I clicked all of them cos I'm quite interested in this Bolton stuff and I was trying to find the source. It was the Guardian + random assortment of local rags who wrote the articles.

My theory is that the Guardian jumped to the conclusion, and put it out first, then the DET/Nottingham Post etc. regurgitated the story - as they do nowadays, without actually checking.

Often the case now, see a lot from Birmingham Mail and Bristol Live as well, read one you’ve read them all. Very few actually link to or give the source of where the report came from. Pretty much given up clicking on any local paper site now, very rare do they have any of their own stories.

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Jim White "the best connected man in football" ???

He’s a slightly better Moose. 

The man that asks every player and manager for a selfie then calls them his friend, they’ve got no idea who he is, just some bloke that wants a selfie for his kid most likely.

Archived