Bolton

Day

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we were in financial difficulties in the latter days of Lionel Pickering, danny higginbotham claimed breach of contract for non-payment of wages and argued he was free to sign for someone else.

23 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It's not all bad news, at least they have a new owner incoming.

Even though he's been bankrupted twice, and was once banned from any football role for 3 years by the Football League.

Do the Football League wave him through their fit and proper test or watch the club fold, not a great position for them to be in. 

3 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Not a nice situation at all for the fans, players or staff. But I have just seen Ed Dawes tweet that if they do go bankrupt we will leap into the top 2... Has he just got his maths wrong? 

Just a bit. Leeds have 76 points, if they beat Bolton twice (not looked) they would be dropped to 70 and we would still be on 59. Even if you give us a win with our game we're never second.

6 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Not a nice situation at all for the fans, players or staff. But I have just seen Ed Dawes tweet that if they do go bankrupt we will leap into the top 2... Has he just got his maths wrong? 

Very wrong... unless 3 of Norwich, Leeds, Sheff Utd and West Brom all receive hefty point deductions too

I think he means it would become possible, as we'd (at this stage) be 11 points behind 2nd rather than 17 - but that would still require a hefty drop in form from Leeds, Sheff Utd, and WBA. And a slight one from Villa.

Still, I don't think it's the take anyone should be making about this situation, especially not Ed Dawes.

If the worst did happen the table would lokk like this...

1 Norwich 75

2 Leeds 70

3 Sheff Utd 68

4 West Brom 67

5 Derby 59

6 Villa 57

7 Boro 55

8 Bristol 54

9 Forest 54

10 Preston 53

11 Wednesday 50

West Brom moving 3 points closer to autos, and we gain a bit of a buffer to 7th. Forest down pretty much ruled out of having a chance of reaching the playoffs

29 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This could be anything tbf, from astronomical to almost trivial.

I seem to remember a few years back, Fo*est faced a similar situation.  Before we had all stopped laughing, their Head safety guy had taken his half day refresher course for first aid, and there were dozens of fans in the ground for the next home game,, as if nothing had happened!  Quite the non-story in the end!

Hopefully it's something similar for Bolton.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The games will take place behind closed doors I imagine (if the players aren't still on strike)

If the EFL give consent on the games being played behind closed doors (which is a huge if, there's no precedent for behind closed doors games in the EFL that haven't been a punishment), then it's still a "failure to fulfil fixture obligations".

image.thumb.png.707caecc54725212148dd2d5a4c980b6.png

image.thumb.png.a32405727f31543455e35aaca0c6b2b6.png

2 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Would anyone on here admit they hope Bolton go pop to enhance our position?

It doesn't really enhance our position all that much though. We'd be 8 points behind West Brom instead of 11 and an extra 3 points ahead of 7th. In exchange we'd get to see the destruction of one of the oldest football clubs in England and all their associated history including 4 FA Cup wins go up in flames. No thanks.

Not at all. 

I just think how I would feel if Derby were to go pop, wouldn’t wish that on anyone but Forest or Leeds.

Wouldn't feel comfortable either if it came to May and the only reason we made top 6 was the removal of points won against Bolton, imagine going up off the back of that?

Typical Derby storyline but one I would like us to avoid at all costs.

Archived