The Run In

RamNut

8 games to go. 59 points

last years total of 75 points for 6th place could indicate that we need a hefty 16 points from 8 with 3 home games to play, 5 away, including 2 mid week games.

hopefully we get max points from bolton and qpr at home. West brom might be more tricky.

the two mid week games are away at blackburn and swansea.

Out of 11 mid week games so far we have picked up 14 points. Has midweek fatigue after a Saturday games had some impact?

we need to win  2 or 3 of 5 away, (we have only won 6 out of 18 at present), and those two mid week games look like the two places where we might have to win. 

Target:

Brentford A   1 point

blackburn A   3 points

bolton home   3 points

Birmingham A  1 point

Qpr home   3 points

bristol city A 1 point

swansea A   3 points

west brom home  1 point 

What do you guys think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these kind of predictions are pointless. Sorry to be so grumpy but take each game as it comes and aim to win each one.

The teams around us have so many games against each other that there will be so many changes over the next few weeks. Boro play Bristol this week so either way, we're going into the game on Saturday in 7th or 8th.

It will be tense but enjoy it.

45 minutes ago, David said:

Brentford (A) 3pts

Blackburn (A) 3pts

Bolton (H) 3pts

Birmingham (A) 1pt

QPR (H) 3pts

Bristol City (A) 1pt

Swansea (A) 3pts

West Brom (H) 1pt

18 Points, job done. Bring on the play offs.

There’s always a club that comes with a late run ,, why can’t that be us ,,,,, win the lot and storm the play offs ,, coyr 

I agree that predictions are a dream rather than a reality.

The last time we had a thread like this was just before our run in about 6 weeks ago. How did that go?.

Take it one at a time.

Saturday is a big boost to confidence,  play like that and anything is possible 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

There’s always a club that comes with a late run ,, why can’t that be us ,,,,, win the lot and storm the play offs ,, coyr 

Hate to say it but have just looked at Florest's run in  - much easier on paper !!!!

2 hours ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Run ins for Derby, Boro, Bristol all look about same in difficulty to me.

2 hours ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Run ins for Derby, Boro, Bristol all look about same in difficulty to me.

Other contenders (down to Sheff Weds for me) have to play each other a fair bit. I reckon we've got a pretty decent chance

It'd be nice if it's us who are tge team that come on strong at the end of the season fir a change.
We'll see where are fir tge last 3-4 but it could he we get to that point and are facing teams who are getting their feet up and sun cream ready. Birmingham and QPR will probably be feeling safe when we play them, Bristol could he tough and seen as win you get top six match. Swansea will be safe but well off the top six.

I strongly suspect West brom on the last day will be "phoney war" with WBA safely in the play offs rather than needing three points.

Next two, then the two after then it gets really interesting.

Brentford (A) 0 Pts

Blackburn (A) 3pts

Bolton (H) 3pts

Birmingham (A) 1pt

QPR (H) 3pts

Bristol City (A) 0 Pts

Swansea (A) 1 Pts

West Brom (H) 1pt

12 points for me, just falling short. 

Bristol City is the key game - I see the winner takes the last play off  place 

The run in, is in our hands, so  as long as we win more games than the teams around us, then we will be in the play offs, all to play for, and us fans can play a major part, back the team like we have done in the last couple of home games, then this will push the team over the line, lots to play for, a great run in to the season beckons.

Its not just about our run in, its about the contenders for 5th and 6th spots. M'Boro v Bristol on Tuesday (a draw would suit us, both teams dropping points) Then on to this Saturday. We need at least a point away to the Bees. Preston need to lose at home against the Blades. Rotherham need some pride back by beating the Reddogs. Villa need to kill off Wednesday's slight chance by beating them. Swansea at home to M'Boro could also do us a favour. Tuesday night on the 9th, we need 3pts at Blackburn. WBA need to win away at Bristol. Leeds to beat Preston away. Wednesday v Forest to end up a draw (both dropping pts). Saturday 13th Villa v Bristol, draw would be nice We must smash Bolton (get our goal diff up).  M'Boro v Hull another draw please. WBA home to Preston and Leeds home to Wednesday both home wins please. Easter Friday, hopefully Birmingham might have reached 50 points again and won't put up a fight against us. Meanwhile Sheff utd v Forest, WBA v Hull and  Norwich v Wednesday all produce home wins and kill off 3 sides from getting into the top 6. Easter Monday is good for us, providing we put QPR to the sword at home. We have Hull v Sheff utd, Forest v M'Boro and Wednesday v Bristol, some teams dropping points there. We could be travelling to Bristol not needing a win, while other contenders, Villa away to Leeds, PNE v Wdnesday look tricky for them. Bristol's other game in hand is played on the last night in April away to Millwall. So we go to Swansea the next night knowing what we need to secure a top 6 place.

Last league matches see us at home to WBA who should have secured a play-off place and will be looking towards not getting any injuries. Other key games are (if they are still in the mix, otherwise they could be dead rubber matches) Villa v Norwich, Brentford v PNE, Hull v Bristol, Forest v Bolton, Rotherham V M'Boro and Wednesday v QPR. I know its in our hands with the fact we are currently in a top 6 spot and all we need to do is match or beat our contenders results. We need to make sure our game in hand reaps us 1 or 3 pts. If we do slip up, I fear M'Boro and Forest simply because their remaining fixtures, but they do both play each other on Easter Monday.

Archived