Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David

The Politics Thread 2019

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The worrying thing is while Johnson is the bookies favourite. All the other candidates that are vying for the leadership, don't appear to be any more capable of doing the job. We will have a new Prime Minister, a Prime Minister voted into power by a few thousand members of a single political party, isn't our democracy a wonderful thing.

Taste the sovereignty 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The worrying thing is while Johnson is the bookies favourite. All the other candidates that are vying for the leadership, don't appear to be any more capable of doing the job. We will have a new Prime Minister, a Prime Minister voted into power by a few thousand members of a single political party, isn't our democracy a wonderful thing.

Has Grayling thrown his hat into the sea - I mean ring - yet? He'd get it - especially if he thinks he's sending an application in for a 'Lollipop Lady' job.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

You're obviously just downright biased against him. He did so much good, so, so much.

Did you miss him rugby tackling that 10 year old kid and fouling that German in an England "celebrity" match.

For god's sake's man, give your head a shake and get behind him. His wavy in the wind hair and his bumbling alone will see him established as the ultimate leader at World level.  Not to mention how good he looks in a sky diving outfit. We should thank our lucky stars he's thick skinned enough to ignore tthe idiots who wouldn't recognise a leader of men if it hit them in the face, it takes a real superman to whitewash over all those wrong sackings and reshuffle moves in order so that he can rightly be the man to make us great again.

Come on England!!!!

As someone at work said, might as well give it Boris.

They're all incompetent, but at least he's amusing.

It's pretty poor that I couldn't find a decent argument against.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Taste the sovereignty 🙂

Given the demographic of the people who will elect the leader, I think that's probably wee.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, eddie said:

Given the demographic of the people who will elect the leader, I think that's probably wee.

Unlike the considered thoughts and balanced views of the £3 followers who elected Corbyn twice 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Taste the sovereignty 🙂

Can we get to vote for the royalty?

If we have to have a new king. Can it be Harry as I don't want his 'dad', old jug ears or his Villa loving git of a brother.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Monty said:

Unlike the considered thoughts and balanced views of the £3 followers who elected Corbyn twice 

Yet another poster who thinks that I am a Labour supporter.

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, eddie said:

Has Grayling thrown his hat into the sea - I mean ring - yet? He'd get it - especially if he thinks he's sending an application in for a 'Lollipop Lady' job.

I think we should elect grayling for PM. Why not? What could possibly go wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think I've referred to or implied any political viewpoint you may hold in any post just comparing the voting rights for both leaders of the major parties 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Monty said:

I don't think I've referred to or implied any political viewpoint you may hold in any post just comparing the voting rights for both leaders of the major parties 

Ah, right. There is one person who is always trying to assign labels to everything that isn't him.

Oh, wait - that's me.

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone been watching the young uns as they've been interviewed talking about their climate change campaign across the globe today?

I'm aware they're going to look for the more intelligent to interview for Sky News but I'll tell you what, the little buggers speak more sense than anything I've heard coming from the "adults" these past few months.

I'd love to do a referendum of 15 and 16 year olds and see how they would handle brexit.

Anyone up for a Bugsy Malone style world where the kids are in charge? 

You cudda been anything that yer wanted to be 😉

Maybe Whitney H was spot on.

Teach them well and let them lead the way.

Having said that, the work shy little bar stewards were on strike. If I was in charge I'd have waded in with truncheons and water cannons, that'll teach the little poops to skip maths and RE 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Monty said:

I don't think I've referred to or implied any political viewpoint you may hold in any post just comparing the voting rights for both leaders of the major parties 

As you have correctly point out both parties give their members the opportunity to vote for a new leader. But only one of these party leaders automatically becomes the nations PM.

So while the election of Corbyn and the next Tory leader may be similar in there process, the resulting outcomes are very different in the affect they have on the nation.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Can we get to vote for the royalty?

If we have to have a new king. Can it be Harry as I don't want his 'dad', old jug ears or his Villa loving git of a brother.

Well, in a widely-publicised speech from the turn of the century (now, sadly, long-forgotten by the hysterical blue-rinse tabloids), Brenda said that she envisaged a future for Britain of '...greater integration' with Europe. Does this mean that Brexiteers don't support the Monarchy any more?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.