The Politics Thread 2019

Day

So Boris is rumoured to be moving on 2 of his red lines........

- no customs checks on the island of Ireland

- no veto for the DUP

and a draft legal text could imminent.....

Even more astonishing is that JRMs mob are indicating they would support.

all according to C4 news

Theresa May must be so ticked off with the way things have panned out.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Great, if I believe what Ancestry.com tell me about my DNA. I can say what I think about anyone and not be called a racist.

Yes, there is a difference between racist and inflammatory.   Johnson managed to be both in a single sentence, when referring to Muslim women and letterboxes.

That could be regarded in some circles as 'observational metaphor'

The Commonwealth quote relating to how he thought the Queen loved her '...crowds of pickaninnies...with watermelon smiles' is a little harder to contextualise in a racism-free form. 

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

His leadership should definitely be up for scrutiny too, he is up against the worst Conservative government in living history perhaps and he has been completely unable to strike a blow on them

Are you talking about the 2 Tory leaders he's seen deposed, or the current one who he has presided over defeat after defeat of as Leader of the Opposition? Or just more generally the Tory party which he started off facing which had a majority, and then lost it's majority because they totally underestimated him, and then more recently has ended up with a "majority"  of minus 45?

So hard to know which entity it is which you think he hasn't "struck a blow" against. 

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Are you talking about the 2 Tory leaders he's seen deposed, or the current one who he has presided over defeat after defeat of as Leader of the Opposition? Or just more generally the Tory party which he started off facing which had a majority, and then lost it's majority because they totally underestimated him, and then more recently has ended up with a "majority"  of minus 45?

So hard to know which entity it is which you think he hasn't "struck a blow" against. 

If you think any of that is down to Corbyn you're deluded I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Montgolfier said:

That could be regarded in some circles as 'observational metaphor'

The Commonwealth quote relating to how he thought the Queen loved her '...crowds of pickaninnies...with watermelon smiles' is a little harder to contextualise in a racism-free form. 

That's the one I was referring too. 

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yes because these things just happen in a vacuum. And I'm the one that is deluded. As you were

Hope he sees a lot more Tory PMs go.. As long as he is the leader of the opposition, that’s exactly what they will remain..Opposition.. All good for me,

The government are thinking of nationalizing another railway company. If the Labour party can hold off from calling for a general election. The tories might save them a job of nationalizing the entire rail system.

Wonder if the tories could do it cheaper than what the CBI falsely claimed it would cost the Labour party.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The government are thinking of nationalizing another railway company. If the Labour party can hold off from calling for a general election. The tories might save them a job of nationalizing the entire rail system.

Wonder if the tories could do it cheaper than what the CBI falsely claimed it would cost the Labour party.

Bloody cbi. We've had enough of experts

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Best joke of the season, something for everyone in there @Big Bad Bob

If i remember correctly that was The Govester who came up with that one. I've always wondered when he goes to see the doctor or consultant he tells them the same. They are after all medecine experts, or does it tell baalocks I'll stick a plaster on it!

That's Trump politics for you, if you like it must be true if you don't it is fake news.

The way that lot behave one day someone will realise we do need the experts, it is the politicians we don't need.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Breaking news. Pope still wears large hat. Bears toiletry habits mainly confined to rural areas.

More on this story … current crop of Her Majesty's Government Ministers could not be entrusted to purchase a carton of tobacco paper tubes from locally situated sundries and dried goods outlet

Just now, SchtivePesley said:

What figures? I thought you were adamant that politicians resigning were nothing to do with Jeremy Corbyn ?

Was waiting for you to show how Corbyn was striking a blow against the Conservatives. 

I thought this would be easily displayed by the number of seats they have gained since the last general election with so many politicians defecting from the Conservatives.

I think when the politician resigning specifically quotes that Corbyn is not fit to become Prime Minister, it is reasonable to use him as the reason.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think when the politician resigning specifically quotes that Corbyn is not fit to become Prime Minister, it is reasonable to use him as the reason.

Especially when she quotes the "anti-semitism" that is so rife it's taken her several years to notice it and yet still doesn't give any specific examples of the "anti-semitic" incident that has suddenly tipped her over the edge. I'm sure it's definitely nothing to do with any impending deselection...

Archived