The Politics Thread 2019

David

5 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Hmm - seems to have been reworded from what the BBC said yesterday would be in the proposals

That bit in bold sounded a lot like re-nationalisation to me

It read like a packaging deal to me - "we're giving it all to Donald in perpetuity as a sop for keeping his beak out of the NHS...……now every station will be renamed Trump Town, which means we can cut down on the expense of having bespoke loudspeaker announcements by simply having Trump Town on loop" ?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Your profile picture tends to suggest, not so little. I take it that's the Sutton coach who got into trouble awhile back?

Aaah - it's been the pancreatitis in the summer followed by an enforced diet of ultra low fat (gall bladder whipped out) and no booze (pancreatic gland needs to self repair) that has done for me.

I am a mere shadow of my former glory and not even able to partake of Mrs Hants' excess stock!! ?

and for defo no pies or pints at the games,,,,,,?

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It read like a packaging deal to me - "we're giving it all to Donald in perpetuity as a sop for keeping his beak out of the NHS...……now every station will be renamed Trump Town, which means we can cut down on the expense of having bespoke loudspeaker announcements by simply having Trump Town on loop" ?

donald trump GIF

Sorry. I was looking for a “trumpton” gif, saw this and am crying?

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

However a few have mentioned to me there seems to be one rule for the right and another for the left.

There sure is. Like Corbyn forever been linked to anti-Semitism, whereas Johnson has been openly racist without censure. Or Corbyn's manifesto needing a money tree when Johnson's Queen's speech will cost the same. Or Corbyn been an IRA supporter as he advocated talking to them, like what actually happened to bring peace. Or Corbyn criticised for not having an extreme position on Brexit whereas Johnson continually lies and changes his position. Or how Corbyn's weak leadership is always brought up, whilst Tories keep changing leaders and losing MPs. Etc etc.

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

There sure is. Like Corbyn forever been linked to anti-Semitism, whereas Johnson has been openly racist without censure. Or Corbyn's manifesto needing a money tree when Johnson's Queen's speech will cost the same. Or Corbyn been an IRA supporter as he advocated talking to them, like what actually happened to bring peace. Or Corbyn criticised for not having an extreme position on Brexit whereas Johnson continually lies and changes his position. Or how Corbyn's weak leadership is always brought up, whilst Tories keep changing leaders and losing MPs. Etc etc.

Really? You must blank yourself out from a lot of news!

I'm pretty sure that Johnsons 'racism' has been discussed quite a lot. Consider his background and ask the question is he really racist or does he just make stupid comments? Do you actually believe there is racist intent in his comments? As for Corbyn I've never actually see anyone say he is an anti-semite just that he presides over a party riddled with it and does not seem to take much action.

The money tree comment is fair enough. I imagine most people quote this without seeing how it is actually costed.

The IRA point, if you think Corbyns involvement or sympathy with the IRA stretched as far as 'advocating talking to them' I would suggest a bit more research. It's not hard to see why his stance towards a group that was bombing the poo out of innocent civilians during the 80s has infuriated alot of people.

I've not seen much criticism for Corbyn not having an extreme position on Brexit, more criticism for having NO OPINION, he has basically just tried to adopt the best position each time to get into power but everyone has seen through it. I think it's pretty common knowledge that he is anti EU so to see him adopt every other position other than this deserves criticism in my opinion.

His leadership should definitely be up for scrutiny too, he is up against the worst Conservative government in living history perhaps and he has been completely unable to strike a blow on them. Under different leadership I believe Labour would be in power now.

Another point to consider is how often does Corbyn have his private life aired in public compared to Johnson?

It may be that hes never done anything wrong. Johnsons private life is consistently in the news and I think most couldn't care less because they are more interested in his politics than who he is sleeping with.

37 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm pretty sure that Johnsons 'racism' has been discussed quite a lot. Consider his background and ask the question is he really racist or does he just make stupid comments? Do you actually believe there is racist intent in his comments? As for Corbyn I've never actually see anyone say he is an anti-semite just that he presides over a party riddled with it and does not seem to take much action.

The money tree comment is fair enough. I imagine most people quote this without seeing how it is actually costed.

The IRA point, if you think Corbyns involvement or sympathy with the IRA stretched as far as 'advocating talking to them' I would suggest a bit more research. It's not hard to see why his stance towards a group that was bombing the poo out of innocent civilians during the 80s has infuriated alot of people.

I've not seen much criticism for Corbyn not having an extreme position on Brexit, more criticism for having NO OPINION, he has basically just tried to adopt the best position each time to get into power but everyone has seen through it. I think it's pretty common knowledge that he is anti EU so to see him adopt every other position other than this deserves criticism in my opinion.

His leadership should definitely be up for scrutiny too, he is up against the worst Conservative government in living history perhaps and he has been completely unable to strike a blow on them. Under different leadership I believe Labour would be in power now.

Another point to consider is how often does Corbyn have his private life aired in public compared to Johnson?

It may be that hes never done anything wrong. Johnsons private life is consistently in the news and I think most couldn't care less because they are more interested in his politics than who he is sleeping with.

It's like having Michael Foot back

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

As for Corbyn I've never actually see anyone say he is an anti-semite just that he presides over a party riddled with it and does not seem to take much action.

Just look at any of his Twitter status replies or any MSM article about him comment section and you'll see a few thousand. It's relentless, don't know what bubble you live in boss.

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Which part of Johnson's rich, elitist and privileged background should be taken into consideration. When he says things, that if said by anyone else would be classed as racist. 

For a well educated bloke like Johnson is suppose to be. Then surely he must know some of the things he says are inflammatory.

15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Which part of Johnson's rich, elitist and privileged background should be taken into consideration. When he says things, that if said by anyone else would be classed as racist. 

For a well educated bloke like Johnson is suppose to be. Then surely he must know some of the things he says are inflammatory.

I was referring to his Turkish muslim great grandfather.

There is a difference between racist and inflammatory. 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I was referring to his Turkish muslim great grandfather.

There is a difference between racist and inflammatory. 

Great, if I believe what Ancestry.com tell me about my DNA. I can say what I think about anyone and not be called a racist.

Yes, there is a difference between racist and inflammatory.   Johnson managed to be both in a single sentence, when referring to Muslim women and letterboxes.

9 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Great, if I believe what Ancestry.com tell me about my DNA. I can say what I think about anyone and not be called a racist.

Yes, there is a difference between racist and inflammatory.   Johnson managed to be both in a single sentence, when referring to Muslim women and letterboxes.

If you saw that comment as racist I genuinely feel sorry for you.

You seem to be assuming only non white people wear burkhas...isnt that racist?

Archived