The Politics Thread 2019

David

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

IMO they did. They didn't have the numbers to form a coalition with Labour and have a majority.

I know they got hammered on the tuition fees thing but that's what I meant by coalitions being about compromise. If they'd been in government on their own and brought fees in, then fine.

The coalition government was better IMO than the one we've had since.

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Cheers, but that'd be 'he's' matey. No such word as 'hes'.

How's the city centre looking tonight?

Just when I thought your posting could not get any more pathetic...you never fail to surprise me.

No idea, not there tonight 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yep it's only us stupid Tories and Brexiteers that see things in the media and take them at face value.

I was even stupid enough to disbelieve Diane Abbott when she said the Labour party would employ an additional 10,000 police officers at a cost of somewhere between £300,000 and £80,000,000 per year.

Is that to replace the 20,000 police officers axed by the Tories?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just when I thought your posting could not get any more pathetic...you never fail to surprise me.

No idea, not there tonight 

Was just checking in to say hi, matey. Noticed you were yet again posting your usual BS so thought I'd lighten the mood and give you a chance to talk about another of your favourite subjects. No need to get so bolshy, really!  ?‍♀️

Anyway, glad you're not being harrassed by locals.

Have a lovely evening mate.

13 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Cheers, but that'd be 'he's' matey. No such word as 'hes'.

How's the city centre looking tonight?

I was in Derby city centre this afternoon - I was approached by two people who were begging. Both were most definitely English.

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Was just checking in to say hi, matey. Noticed you were yet again posting your usual BS so thought I'd lighten the mood and give you a chance to talk about another of your favourite subjects. No need to get so bolshy, really!  ?‍♀️

Anyway, glad you're not being harrassed by locals.

Have a lovely evening mate.

Thought you'd go on the attack after being pulled up about posting factually incorrect, so transparent, you never disappoint.

Have a lovely evening yourself.

4 minutes ago, Montgolfier said:

Is that to replace the 20,000 police officers axed by the Tories?

Yes, I'm really shocked they were axed if they were only being paid £8000 per annum as calculated by our possible future home secretary.

Just now, Montgolfier said:

I was in Derby city centre this afternoon - I was approached by two people who were begging. Both were most definitely English.

How do you know they were English? Be very careful what you are saying because I imagine there will be the usual posters queueing up to question you if you assume someone's nationality...

1 minute ago, Montgolfier said:

Sorry @Montgolfier but our resident Derby centre neighbourhood watch rep assures us otherwise. Only drug peddling immigrants on Derby streets at night. You must be mistaken.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yep it's only us stupid Tories and Brexiteers that see things in the media and take them at face value.

I was even stupid enough to disbelieve Diane Abbott when she said the Labour party would employ an additional 10,000 police officers at a cost of somewhere between £300,000 and £80,000,000 per year.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes, I'm really shocked they were axed if they were only being paid £8000 per annum as calculated by our possible future home secretary.

How do you know they were English? Be very careful what you are saying because I imagine there will be the usual posters queueing up to question you if you assume someone's nationality...

More fake news! You seem to be suggesting that Abbott claims she can replace 10,000 coppers with a annual budget of as little as £300,000.

Didn't you claim to be an accountant at one point?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm very sorry - I was perhaps mistaken in jumping to conclusions. They both spoke with a Derby accent, neither were drinking Lech, Zywiek or Tiskie (or I didn't see the cans) and I didn't end up being stabbed, which is rather surprising since I was outside the cathedral looking at the Knife Angel sculpture at the time.

10 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

More fake news! You seem to be suggesting that Abbott claims she can replace 10,000 coppers with a annual budget of as little as £300,000.

The sad thing is, @G STAR RAM is right!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/02/diane-abbott-has-several-numbers-on-police-costs-sadly-they-are-all-wrong

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

She should recruit @G STAR RAM to assist her with her calculations then. He's been performing wonders with his Polish seaside town clientele. 

#GStar4homesecretary

35 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Oops more embarrassment for you...

Sure you will counter it with another petty comeback rather than admitting you've made yourself look silly again...

18 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

She should recruit @G STAR RAM to assist her with her calculations then. He's been performing wonders with his Polish seaside town clientele. 

#GStar4homesecretary

True to form.

Is there even any point to your post or is it just another post to try and deflect people away from seeing that egg on your face?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

True to form.

Is there even any point to your post or is it just another post to try and deflect people away from seeing that egg on your face?

Mate, relax. It's all just banter my old china. I'd have thought even you could deduce my tone to be less than serious tonight. Maybe not, actually!

The truth is even Labour supporters quake in their boots at the prospect of her being part of an elected government. Much like the £350 million a week to the NHS the Leave Campaign quoted, her numbers always seem to be plucked from mid-air. Maybe they too were 'aspirational'?

I'm sure nobody will be prepared to admit that Diane Abbott just made a maths mistake. A hugely embarrassing mistake, which she should and will have the pee taken over, but it was just a mistake over mental maths. 

All of you finding it funny - any of you ever made a maths mistake? Probably never on live radio, which is why this one gets remembered. 

Just now, GboroRam said:

I'm sure nobody will be prepared to admit that Diane Abbott just made a maths mistake. A hugely embarrassing mistake, which she should and will have the pee taken over, but it was just a mistake over mental maths. 

All of you finding it funny - any of you ever made a maths mistake? Probably never on live radio, which is why this one gets remembered. 

Yep I once had a tax bill of £80,000,000 but only paid £300,000. Hugely embarrassing but just a mistake.

Thank goodness I'm not in charge of government budgets.

Thank goodness she wasnt in charge of deciding what figure to put on the side of the bus...

Archived