The Politics Thread 2019

David

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Hearing uncomfirmed reports that the man in that video in the hospital was sacked by the Times for making up quotes in a story, and by Michael Howard for lying about an affair, and once conspired to get a journalist beaten up. 

Can anyone confirm?

Was he also the bloke that once threw his shoes at George W Bush? ?

14 hours ago, bcnram said:

There are no insults (that is quite funny). I have never nor would I insult anyone on here. I think you have issues kid, so let’s leave it there. ??

Hmm...yes you are right, I have issues with people not actually fact checking the BS they post on here.  It's not hard to do the research, there are better search engines than google.

They say it's the snowflake age, more like it's the Gamon age.  Eyes shut, fingers in ears and shouting no, no, no, no.

On 17/09/2019 at 07:58, McRamFan said:

Yes there is, let Eire become one united country.  Remove the Unionists, that where exported over there in the first place, and give the land back to the people that where originally disposed (polite word for murdered).

You do know there has been referendums in the past on NI becoming part of a United Ireland? You cannot just 'let' a country become part of another because its easier that way, you have to consider the wishes of the population within that country.

I know its been argued if you include voting from the ROI then the result would be different but ROI should only have a vote if and when the population of NI have voted on a desire to leave the UK. NI leaving the UK should not automatically mean they become part of a united Ireland.

Actually you say that letting Ireland become one united country is the solution, how about the ROI leaving the EU too? That would be a solution too, however they have not voted to do so, just as the population of NI have not voted to leave the UK.

You are talking about displacing people based on their ancestry? Would you advocate similar actions in the US or Australia?

35 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

You do know there has been referendums in the past on NI becoming part of a United Ireland? You cannot just 'let' a country become part of another because its easier that way, you have to consider the wishes of the population within that country.

There has been one.  That was in 1973, 45 years ago.  The other NI exclusive ref was the Good Friday Agreement in 1998, which was voted NO by the conservatives and DUP.  Funny that, being as the tories and DUP are now screwing around with the border.

You do know that Ireland was a peaceful country, until the English decided to invade it, divide it up and take land off the people there?  Since then the legitimate residents have campaigned to reunite the country.

12 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

There has been one.  That was in 1973, 45 years ago.  The other NI exclusive ref was the Good Friday Agreement in 1998, which was voted NO by the conservatives and DUP.  Funny that, being as the tories and DUP are now screwing around with the border.

You do know that Ireland was a peaceful country, until the English decided to invade it, divide it up and take land off the people there?  Since then the legitimate residents have campaigned to reunite the country.

where are you going with this one?

anybody who can't trace a bloodline back to a period before english involvement gets 'sent back'?

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

"Free movement between Australia and the UK would be explored by the government in “post-Brexit” business talks, Liz Truss, the international trade secretary, has announced."

This will surely infuriate leavers. Swarms of Aussies will invade our country and increase the pressure on our public services.

Waiting for G Star to come and oppose this idea because it's racist to "only want immigration from countries full of people the same colour as us"

Would be hilarious if we signed up to this, and then the Australians deported their entire aborigine population here - "You wanted Australians!"

34 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Waiting for G Star to come and oppose this idea because it's racist to "only want immigration from countries full of people the same colour as us"

Would be hilarious if we signed up to this, and then the Australians deported their entire aborigine population here - "You wanted Australians!"

I'm thinking of forming an ironic hate group to protest against this policy. See if we can get some proper racists to join only to find we've got loads of British non- English speaking white people to join. "Multicultitism against Aussie criminals".

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

It won't happen, the Aussies are more scared of getting swamped by our less desirables

So what have all the negotiations been like over these past few weeks, then?...

UK: Good morning.

EU: Good morning.

UK: Yes, we'd like to negotiate.

EU: OK, What is it you want?

UK: We're not telling you that

EU: Okaaaaaaaayyyyy.

*Long pause

EU: Lunch??

6 hours ago, McRamFan said:

The Conservative Party of the UK supported the Yes campaign. If you want to use it as a tool to bash the Tories at least get your facts right, you will be saying the Labour party should take credit for the Good Friday Agreement just because they were in power at the time next.

Yes yes I am sure you will come back and say the 'local' conservatives in NI supported No, but while I don't know the figures I am guessing their numbers in the Conservative party wouldn't be enough to make it a Conservative party majority.

So you are simply saying that NI should be re-united with the ROI and anyone who lives in NI who has some sort of English ancestry should be made to leave the country, and therefore the remaining population will be happy with re-unification?

2 hours ago, Uptherams said:

He's clearly not handed over the actual proposals. He'll do that in the last few days. 

Why would he wait until the last few days to hand over the actual proposals. One blank sheet of paper, looks like any other sheet of blank paper.

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Johnson as reportedly handed his proposals for leaving over to the EU.  I wonder when he'll show them to us?

Should have been shown to us before we voted

Archived