The Politics Thread 2019

David

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

It’s just an example of what governments are capable of and what they are prepared to do and keep covered up. There are that many lies I don’t know what is true and what isn’t anymore. Some people come out with these theories are they true or not. Remain people say one thing Leave say another. What is the truth? Does anyone know or are they just theories?

Well we know chemtrail conspiracies are nonsense.  Let's start there. 

Deciphering the motivations of those involved in the Leave or Remain campaigns is a lot more tricky.  There were a lot of people involved on both sides so there are obviously many different motivations and not just one single one..  Haven't looked into it myself so I wouldn't know. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So after three years of brexit madness. What the first thing we are going to back control of.

A chocolate bar.

As the Snickers bar reverts back to being called a Marathon.

Brexiteers will be dancing in the streets.

The sad thing is that some people probably believe that we call a Marathon Snickers because of the EU.

44 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So after three years of brexit madness. What the first thing we are going to back control of.

A chocolate bar.

As the Snickers bar reverts back to being called a Marathon.

Brexiteers will be dancing in the streets.

Snickers have always been called snickers, the name changed for the UK only, in an attempt to come across as an 'energy' bar.  They are now being renamed Marathon, as of this month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snickers

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/snickers-to-be-called-marathon-again-30-years-after-rebrand-a4237101.html

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Don't forget the blue passports, which we could have had all along anyway.

That will be manufactured in France...subject to import duties...

1 hour ago, Highgate said:

Well we know chemtrail conspiracies are nonsense.  Let's start there. 

Deciphering the motivations of those involved in the Leave or Remain campaigns is a lot more tricky.  There were a lot of people involved on both sides so there are obviously many different motivations and not just one single one..  Haven't looked into it myself so I wouldn't know. 

This is the thing most people who voted don’t know either or what to vote for. I believe that many voted based upon the topic at the time fear that we would be over run by migrants.

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

This is the thing most people who voted don’t know either or what to vote for. I believe that many voted based upon the topic at the time fear that we would be over run by migrants.

Even though most people (myself included) aren't fully aware of the actual extent of the influence of the EU on our lives, what areas it actually effects and what areas it doesn't, it was still a lot easier to know what you were voting for if you voted Remain.

Voting Leave on the other hand was a shot in the dark, Vastly different realities (no deal vs soft brexit for example) were presented as one and the same in the original referendum.  Hence it was entirely impossible to know what you were getting when Voting Leave.  Many of those who voted Leave because they were worried about a democratic deficit in Brussels (about which they obviously have a point) must be appalled at having to follow BJ, Cummings and Rees-Mogg, people whom are clearly impossible to trust.

2 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

ffs what have chocolate bars got to do with Brexit.

40 minutes ago, sage said:

I can't believe you chose Wispa from the Galaxy of products available. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

Er... Can you all get back on topic? 

You're both flakes.

Archived