The Politics Thread 2019

David

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Best news in years.  DUP will flip now, otherwise they will lose out massively, as NI voted heavily for remain.  Hopefully 2 out of touch parties will implode, with a few more to follow.

Best news in years was leave winning the EU referendum against all odds. 

47 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

It will be something different tomorrow if he thinks he’ll win another vote.

As opposed to Bojo the clown who wrote 2 versions of his speech to remain and leave and voted for and against the deal under Theresa May. Bojo is a lying opportunist who saw Brexit as his chance to fulfill his dream to become PM and be on his way to be the next poundshop Churchill

After watching the Channel 5 debate last night about our MPs and seeing the polls showing how poorly the public perceived them. It came as no surprise when watching the Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab compound these views while being interviewed this morning.

He constantly lied about how we, the tax payer, were having to pay a billion pounds for every month we remained in the EU. This is an outright lie.

After rebates and moneys paid back in grants to the UK the monthly bill is actual between five and six hundred million. This money is then deducted from the final payment of 39 billion.

I really can't get my head around why anyone thinks that keeping No Deal on the table would help us with the negotiating.

Whilst No Deal would clearly be bad for the EU, it would surely be far worse for us. 

Only stupid English arrogance can explain why we think that threat would make the EU give us what we want.

I think there are lots of twists and turns coming over the next few days. Politicians aren't especially logical and don't often think ahead to anticipate the consequences of their actions. I have faith that Cummings thinks many more moves ahead.

It's true the Remainers are boxing him and Johnson into a corner. The two of them want a deal but tonight's vote probably makes that impossible so we come down to no deal or no Brexit. Boris will see the only way to save the Tory party is to form an electoral pact with the Brexit Party and go for an initial no deal before a Canada-style free trade agreement. That will see Farage in the Cabinet. Should Boris not do that then we'll probably see Farage in Number 10.

If the referendum had been accepted and the result embraced, leaving the EU and its institutions, the country moving on. Farage would have disappeared into obscurity, his work done. That he could now become PM is an entirely possible consequence of Remainers turning their noses up at democracy and those who had the audacity to vote the wrong way.

4 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

What is Corbyns stance on Brexit? I really don’t know if he’s in, out or half in half out. 

I know what you mean, but to me and my family, his stance on the NHS, education , the environment, workers rights, public transport, tax avoidance and public ownership of utilities are all far more important than Brexit.

Corbyn's policies are portrayed as some kind of communism but its really the society I grew up in. I kinda liked.growing up. I liked having free access to a Doctor, something me Mum's family never had when they were kids. 

When I was young my little town had a police station, ambulance station and fire station fully manned. Now we can't afford it. Yet we have more billionaires and millionaires than we've ever had...

The country might well be totally ducked Gritters, but of all the people we could blame, Corbyn aint one of them, no matter what the Sun says.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

I really can't get my head around why anyone thinks that keeping No Deal on the table would help us with the negotiating.

Whilst No Deal would clearly be bad for the EU, it would surely be far worse for us. 

Only stupid English arrogance can explain why we think that threat would make the EU give us what we want.

It won't. But since the EU can't solve tne irish border issue anymore than we can, a No Deal Brexit will be the only way to leave. 

5 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

What is Corbyns stance on Brexit? I really don’t know if he’s in, out or half in half out. 

Shake it all about?

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It won't. But since the EU can't solve tne irish border issue anymore than we can, a No Deal Brexit will be the only way to leave. 

And that finishes the United Kingdom within 5 years and provides the impetus for a united Ireland within 10. Still, that's what a couple of my relations have always wanted (the first bit, not the second - they are very English Nationalist indeed), so they will be happy.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I know what you mean, but to me and my family, his stance on the NHS, education , the environment, workers rights, public transport, tax avoidance and public ownership of utilities are all far more important than Brexit.

Corbyn's policies are portrayed as some kind of communism but its really the society I grew up in. I kinda liked.growing up. I liked having free access to a Doctor, something me Mum's family never had when they were kids. 

When I was young my little town had a police station, ambulance station and fire station fully manned. Now we can't afford it. Yet we have more billionaires and millionaires than we've ever had...

The country might well be totally ducked Gritters, but of all the people we could blame, Corbyn aint one of them, no matter what the Sun says.

But I read in the Telegraph/Mail/Express/Sun that he is a Communist/Marxist/Facist.

I don't really understand any of those words but it means he is bad init?

He's reminds right wing columnists of Hitler...or Stalin apparently.

He used to be in the IRA. And Hezbollah. And The Shining Path. And the SS. And the KGB. And now Antifa.

Because of these accurate descriptions, there is no point listening to any of Labour's policies as they cleary would be rubbish for nearly everyone. He would just put taxes up right? How dare he. Everyone knows taxation is the ultimate evil.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Yeah and Derby won the league,  the good old days. Are you stuck in the past? Times move on.

Well Boris's only option now is an election & yesterday's festivities make his Queen's speech & prorogation totally redundant.

Having lost his majority, he then hypocritically removed the whip from 21 of his MP's, giving him zero chance of getting anything through parliament. Except perhaps a pay rise for MPs.

Its magic money tree day! Be interesting to see how many suck up the BS that Javid spins out today.

For those that didn't see BJ display last night, you should do.  He was almost giddy with delight, as he tried to duck over the country.   The idiot is deluded, he might go for a general election, as that is what his ego wants, not what the country needs.  He will only get an election, if the bill is passed, could be pushed through by Monday.

Archived