The Politics Thread 2019

David

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_108353495_ecnktjcwwaa8584.jpg

Oh dear, the number one BJ fan boi looks like it maybe turning against him.

"Whitehall's secret no-deal plan" splashed across its front page today. It says the leaked document lays bare the "gaps in contingency planning" as Britain faces "shortages of fuel, food and medicine".

37 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Meanwhile I see we've reached the "actively assaulting journalists" stage of the rise of fascism.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49381944

This is really sad, and the biggest worry for me is that the 'it won't happen here' brigade blithely sweep it under the carpet as a bit of a pub scuffle. As I've said for a while, there are a lot of angry and stupid people who are ready to mobilise if only someone a little less ridiculous than Farage or Yaxley Lennon chooses to come forward. For this reason, I fear Rees Mogg more than any of them - my concern is he is playing a long game, let BoJo take the flak for Brexit and then come in once we have descended into crisis and impose his view of the future. I don't say he is a fascist but I do say many will take plenty from what he says and he will turn a blind eye to the odd journalist getting a thump / put in hospital / worse for what he believes in.

In conclusion, I don't say it's the rise of the black shirts but I do say it's the risk of more divisive and discriminatory politics than anyone on here has seen in their lifetime (and I include the wicked witch of Grantham in that - and, no, I'm not referring to any posters on this board with that reference).

Any violence is out of order and I hope the thugs are caught. 

Immediately jumping to 'premeditated 'far-right' assault' however requires evidence otherwise you're simply pushing your own agenda and adding further fuel to the culture war.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

This is really sad, and the biggest worry for me is that the 'it won't happen here' brigade blithely sweep it under the carpet as a bit of a pub scuffle. As I've said for a while, there are a lot of angry and stupid people who are ready to mobilise if only someone a little less ridiculous than Farage or Yaxley Lennon chooses to come forward. For this reason, I fear Rees Mogg more than any of them - my concern is he is playing a long game, let BoJo take the flak for Brexit and then come in once we have descended into crisis and impose his view of the future. I don't say he is a fascist but I do say many will take plenty from what he says and he will turn a blind eye to the odd journalist getting a thump / put in hospital / worse for what he believes in.

In conclusion, I don't say it's the rise of the black shirts but I do say it's the risk of more divisive and discriminatory politics than anyone on here has seen in their lifetime (and I include the wicked witch of Grantham in that - and, no, I'm not referring to any posters on this board with that reference).

You have a fantastic imagination I would recommend a career writing horror novels you would definitely give Stephen King a run for his money. 

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Was any context available to any of those clips? What happened in the run up to the shown clips? 

A mob of hundreds of masked thugs, throwing things at a dad (who had a sign saying he hated the left and RACISM)and his little daughter, chasing them. What context does that require exactly? 

That 'protest' is just a baying mob. 

Archived