The Politics Thread 2019

Day

5 hours ago, Anon said:

I have exactly the same evidence that you've managed to present regarding Trump and neo Nazis.

Omar on the other hand is clearly hugely popular with Antifa in the US.  I'm sure you have little doubt that they vote Omar.  She does very little to discourage them.  She hasn't denounced them. I see this as a tolerance for a far left terror organisation, but I suspect her motivation is to get votes.  There is little doubt that the violent communist vote is a strong part of her demographic and she doesn't want to rock the boat.  For me this is toleration.

I doubt you'll find many communists in Brooklyn. AOC was voted into the US Congress by ordinary Americans who had enough of the lies told to them, no just by the present Republican government but also the then sitting Democratic Congressmen.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Anon said:

I have exactly the same evidence that you've managed to present regarding Trump and neo Nazis.

Omar on the other hand is clearly hugely popular with Antifa in the US.  I'm sure you have little doubt that they vote Omar.  She does very little to discourage them.  She hasn't denounced them. I see this as a tolerance for a far left terror organisation, but I suspect her motivation is to get votes.  There is little doubt that the violent communist vote is a strong part of her demographic and she doesn't want to rock the boat.  For me this is toleration.

And we'll leave it there I think.  That's a downward spiral if i ever saw one. 

1 hour ago, Highgate said:

And we'll leave it there I think.  That's a downward spiral if i ever saw one. 

I only used the exact same language and "evidence" you yourself used. If you don't like it, best stay away from mirrors.

As the tension in the gulf escalates and with the inability of our navy to stop the illegal boarding of a British oil tanker. Is this a sign of the UK's diminishing influence on the world stage both military and politically?

18 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As the tension in the gulf escalates and with the inability of our navy to stop the illegal boarding of a British oil tanker. Is this a sign of the UK's diminishing influence on the world stage both military and politically?

Vote Labour: We guarantee every uk registered merchant ship will be accompanied by an armed frigate on each and every journey.

34 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I take it as a sign that the US shouldn't have pulled out of the Iran Nuclear Deal.  Which, according to Kim Darroch, was done just to spite Obama.  The UK is in the difficult position of trying to continue to support the Iran Nuclear Deal while still remaining the US's staunchest ally. 

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

When you say inability of our Navy, what do you mean? 

19 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The dictionary definition of inability:-  The state being unable to do something.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I just noticed I've missed a word out.

The dictionary definition of inability:-  The state of being unable to do something.

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Vote Labour: We guarantee every uk registered merchant ship will be accompanied by an armed frigate on each and every journey.

In 1984 the IRA murdered several people and seriously injured many. When the terrorists came to trial Corbyn was outside court in "solidarity" waving his placard for the murdering cowards. Vote Labour? Mcdonnell just the same. Never. 

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

No.

9 minutes ago, Sasha said:

In 1984 the IRA murdered several people and seriously injured many. When the terrorists came to trial Corbyn was outside court in "solidarity" waving his placard for the murdering cowards. Vote Labour? Mcdonnell just the same. Never. 

You misunderstand my post Sasha, and we are on the same page with JC. I was replying, tongue in cheek, to one of our members who wishes us all to believe that things would be so much better if there was red flag flying over Parliament Square.

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You misunderstand my post Sasha, and we are on the same page with JC. I was replying, tongue in cheek, to one of our members who wishes us all to believe that things would be so much better if there was red flag flying over Parliament Square.

We will shortly be in the position of having the most appalling Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition simultaneously. Bad times. 

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Looks as if have It's not just Sasha who has misunderstood what one poster believes in and what would make things better for the majority of the country.

1 hour ago, Sasha said:

I must have missed that edition of the Daily Mail.

54 minutes ago, sage said:

We will shortly be in the position of having the most appalling Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition simultaneously. Bad times. 

Sad times indeed.  Had to think about what emoji to use, they all seemed appropriate!

19 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I now hate Corbyn more than life itself. Thank god for the Daily Mail. No surrender to the IRA.

Spoiler alert: Peace in N.Ireland was achieved by talking to the IRA.

Archived