The Politics Thread 2019

David

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well I can't speak for everyone but I certainly know what my grandad would say about something like this, so please don't use peoples grandparents to try and make a point.

I still await to hear from anyone how come the other reporters, who's reports he quoted from, have not been taken to court for breaching this 'reporting ban'? Maybe you can help me there?

I also still await to hear what TR says is so abhorrent or why we should not even discuss the issues he raises? I don't need you to answer this though because I already know the answer. 

Your last paragraph is just tripe I'm afraid and is just the ttypical sort of response given hence why these issues, which are important to many, cannot be discussed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stephen-yaxley-lennon-held-in-contempt-of-court

He was also accused of encouraging his followers to harass the perpetrators. Maybe that was different? 

I don't know the particulars but I know no bona fide journalists have come out in support of him. Don't you think they would be doing if he was "guilty of journalism"? 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

There has been countless links been posted that relate to this, if you are unable, or carry on ignoring the facts it is pointless carrying on. 

No there haven't. 

I'm also not gullible enough to believe all the stuff written by the state controlled media.

You obviously are so, you're right, pointless carrying on.

36 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stephen-yaxley-lennon-held-in-contempt-of-court

He was also accused of encouraging his followers to harass the perpetrators. Maybe that was different? 

I don't know the particulars but I know no bona fide journalists have come out in support of him. Don't you think they would be doing if he was "guilty of journalism"? 

Good. I'd go further and encourage people to give the nonces a proper seeing to, might make them think twice. Unfortunately, a lot of people would prefer it to go unreported and let them have a nice cushy life in a taxpayer funded prison.

Got to admit I'm really surprised the mainstream media haven't come out in support because their coverage of him is normally so unbiased ???

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

No there haven't. 

I'm also not gullible enough to believe all the stuff written by the state controlled media.

Good. I'd go further and encourage people to give the nonces a proper seeing to, might make them think twice. Unfortunately, a lot of people would prefer it to go unreported and let them have a nice cushy life in a taxpayer funded prison.

Got to admit I'm really surprised the mainstream media haven't come out in support because their coverage of him is normally so unbiased ???

So basically you agree with breaking the law. 

As for the slur on the reputation of every journalist in the country - they all came out in support of the publication who printed the pictures caricaturing the prophet Mohamed, although they pretty much all disagreed with them doing it. Journalists do actually support each other, particularly when they are working in challenging and difficult circumstances. If someone was at risk of losing their freedom for doing the job they do, they would be a lot of press about it.  The silence, or worse, adverse publicity, speaks volumes. Particularly when Waxy-Lemon's supporters are prone to coming out with comments like yours (effectively sod the law, string 'em up). 

I dont mind TR himself

I do mind his supporters, using him to push their racist bitter agenda forward (blaming foreigners for their failures/disatisfaction with life)

TR knows most of his supporters have this agenda but turns a blind eye to it

5 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I dont mind TR himself

I do mind his supporters, using him to push their racist bitter agenda forward (blaming foreigners for their failures/disatisfaction with life)

TR knows most of his supporters have this agenda but turns a blind eye to it

He is a thug - a convicted football hooligan. As for his supporters 'using him to push their racist agenda' - he's the former head of the EDL. How much more racist can you get than that?

50 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

So basically you agree with breaking the law. 

As for the slur on the reputation of every journalist in the country - they all came out in support of the publication who printed the pictures caricaturing the prophet Mohamed, although they pretty much all disagreed with them doing it. Journalists do actually support each other, particularly when they are working in challenging and difficult circumstances. If someone was at risk of losing their freedom for doing the job they do, they would be a lot of press about it.  The silence, or worse, adverse publicity, speaks volumes. Particularly when Waxy-Lemon's supporters are prone to coming out with comments like yours (effectively sod the law, string 'em up). 

Yes I do agree with breaking law. If any dirty nonce touched a member of my family I'd gladly beat the living daylights out of them and pay the consequences.

The rest of your post is garbage and I'm sure you know that. Guess it all comes down to who you regard as 'journalists'

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

He is a thug - a convicted football hooligan. As for his supporters 'using him to push their racist agenda' - he's the former head of the EDL. How much more racist can you get than that?

Former being the Key word

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'd imagine there's a few on here that used to fight at football matches during the 70s and 80s.

He must be really racist if he wants to defend British values. 

9 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Former being the Key word

Right. So we can say that Adolf Hitler was the former leader of the Third Reich then, and he should really be remembered as the guy who developed motorways.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

No there haven't. 

'State controlled media'.

Lol

37 minutes ago, eddie said:

Right. So we can say that Adolf Hitler was the former leader of the Third Reich then, and he should really be remembered as the guy who developed motorways.

Adolf Hitler killed jews, TR hasnt killed anyone. 

Good article from the state sponsored Independent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-contempt-court-case-grooming-gang-trial-huddersfield-a8990436.html

5 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Adolf Hitler killed jews, TR hasnt killed anyone. 

Adolf Hitler whipped up the hatred of Jews, painted them as a threat.  stephen whips up hated of Islam, says he isn't a racist, because Islam is a religon...

55 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He must be really racist if he wants to defend British values. 

What values has he defended/defending?  He certainly is not defending the right of a fair trial.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes I do agree with breaking law. If any dirty nonce touched a member of my family I'd gladly beat the living daylights out of them and pay the consequences.

The rest of your post is garbage and I'm sure you know that. Guess it all comes down to who you regard as 'journalists'

Well, I'll try to avoid mob rule, thanks. 

Answer me this, if you think he did nothing wrong - why did he plead guilty? 

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Good article from the state sponsored Independent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-contempt-court-case-grooming-gang-trial-huddersfield-a8990436.html

Adolf Hitler whipped up the hatred of Jews, painted them as a threat.  stephen whips up hated of Islam, says he isn't a racist, because Islam is a religon...

What values has he defended/defending?  He certainly is not defending the right of a fair trial.

TBH he does make a fair point about Islam and its values

Where I disagree with him is the solution. Instead of engaging in dialogue with scholars such as M.Nawas, he goes about it the wrong way with marches and protests

3 hours ago, McRamFan said:

The right of fair trial? The trial had finished and was at sentencing stage. I will challenge you again and ask what he reported that was not already in the public domain?

In terms of British values I guess we all have our own interpretation, I will let you decide whether he was defending any but guess I know the answer already.

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Well, I'll try to avoid mob rule, thanks. 

Answer me this, if you think he did nothing wrong - why did he plead guilty? 

Would you be happy to avoid 'mob rule' if it had been your daughter that had been groomed, drugged an raped? Its ok I know you wont answer that.

Cant speak for him but guess he pleaded guilty on legal advice to save giving the British 'justice' system a reason to imprison him for even longer.

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Answer me this, if you think he did nothing wrong - why did he plead guilty

IMHO (despite not helping himself) the whole Tommy Robinson saga has been a bit of a political and media hit job.

And for what its worth as I understand it the whole 'he pleaded guilty' bit was a lie pushed by the media.

Just now, maxjam said:

IMHO (despite not helping himself) the whole Tommy Robinson saga has been a bit of a political and media hit job.

And for what its worth as I understand it the whole 'he pleaded guilty' bit was a lie pushed by the media.

Agree

24 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

As I understand it - he was dealt with by a court of law and found guilty.  End of story.

If you simply read the headline thats the story - and theres never been a case of miscarriage of justice throughout history. Ever.

If however you dig a little deeper and look at what was said in court by both the prosecution and defence, and then by the Judges if you aren't instantly blinded by the fact that its 'Tommy Robinson' you might feel differently.

I personally think there are very good grounds to appeal, but given that the courts keep piling costs on him and the fact he's only gotta do another 9 weeks, for the sake of not losing your house I'd probably just wait it out.

Archived