The Politics Thread 2019

David

8 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

It won't be post brexit.

And even if the voters had voted by majority to remain, we were told it was scare mongering to even suggest the EU may form it's own army.    

That's probably why all remainers I've raised the EU army with have nt thought it through, or more accurately they won't mention any good points and won't comment upon the many bad points which are easily identified.  ( I apologise if you didn't see my identification of the many issues with having an EU army earlier this week on this thread )

Why won't the EU share intelligence anymore ? Seems odd to not have access to our superior intelligence 

Anyway, cheers for the comprehensive reply ?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Anyway, cheers for the comprehensive reply ?

I don't need to write anymore than I did. Single clean fact.

Something that your posts lack.  Plenty of opinion, regurgitated from the hard right brexit camp, very little substantiated with proven facts.

But hey, crack on, it's entertaining. To a point.

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

I don't need to write anymore than I did. Single clean fact.

Something that your posts lack.  Plenty of opinion, regurgitated from the hard right brexit camp, very little substantiated with proven facts.

But hey, crack on, it's entertaining. To a point.

It's not a fact that intelligence won't be shared after Brexit.

And whilst it's true I can't prove an EU army is a bad thing for the UK to join it's highly probable to be a bad thing

Also it's a fact the 2016 referendum voters were told there would be no EU Army, which was a lie 

Do you like the UK as a sovereign state?

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

You aren't being serious are you? Because stuff like that isn't about the substance. Headlines would be Racist Nigel Farage doesn't want to trade with the EU, etc. Shitty people will just distort the truth and reality. Even now, remainers are being disingenuous and are fine with their use of language. Implying no deal means no trade whatsoever. 

I look forward to your Utopia. Only about 110 days to go, then we'll all be millionaires.

8 hours ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Fundamental principles, knowledge and context of history are indeed sadly missing nowadays.  We joined EU to trade.  The project became a mission to have a national anthem, join the UN security council and have it's own army.

It's not surprising we voted to leave when looked at simplistically. The EU leaders still think a future generation will take us back into Europe and openly say this. As opposed to just letting and accepting fact we are leaving. Giving the extension, merely in the hope the WA would finally be accepted by the UK was simply a waste of time and has sadly increased uncertainty.

The Universities found lots of funding from the EU and have created a new generation of non thinkers.  

I agree with your post, but I don't find it tiresome people can't debate and discuss issues, I personally find it a fascinating insight into human intelligence. 

After accusing various forum members of either being stupid or lacking in intelligence. You go on to claim that an entire generation of students are unable to think for themselves. I didn't realize that we were in the presence of a person of such superior intellect.

Are you referring to the current batch of graduates or are you including all university graduates since the seventies, when we joined joined the common market? If so then no wonder our present politicians are failing to achieve brexit. But if you are just referencing this new batch of graduates. Then the future is looking very bleak.

Oh wait, all we need to do is assimilate your thinking and everything will be fine, as we enter that glorious new, EU free, era as described by Igor.

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

It's like you don't actually see what other people type. Not said that or implied it ?

I'm sure that my unicorn would be worth a lot.

The shift from "it will be great" to "we might not all die in the first week" over the last 3 years has been interesting to behold.

5 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

After accusing various forum members of either being stupid or lacking in intelligence. 

Really ? I can only recall yourself - misreading many times my post on the Ambassador springs to mind, and if I may say so, I really thought you were being stubborn and unable to accept you'd misinterpreted.

Now I'm uncertain

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm sure that my unicorn would be worth a lot.

The shift from "it will be great" to "we might not all die in the first week" over the last 3 years has been interesting to behold.

Ordepends whether the remainers hand over our nukes to the EU. 

Surely they wouldn't though ? 

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:09, ariotofmyown said:

Cos it's got lots of foreigners in it init!

Race baiting remainer detected...……………. Luckily this nasty policy used by remainers to divide and conquer this country along racial lines for their own political agenda is not working.  

12 minutes ago, cstand said:

Race baiting remainer detected...……………. Luckily this nasty policy used by remainers to divide and conquer this country along racial lines for their own political agenda is not working.  

Country won't heal for years, as after three years remoaners still can't accept we are leaving either

A) the EU behind

Or

B) democracy behind

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:03, GboroRam said:

Stupid question. 

What's fundamentally wrong with an EU army? 

Only British politicians should be able to send British troops into a conflict because we the people can remove them from government, unlike the unelected EU commission.  

8 minutes ago, cstand said:

Only British politicians should be able to send British troops into a conflict because we the people can remove them from government, unlike the unelected EU commission.  

Sounds like a democratic approach.  

Questions I asked a remainer who asked me what was wrong with an EU army.  No reply as yet.   And today another remainer asked what I thought was bad. I politely asked for any good reasons and was given intelligence sharing ( which happens in the EU regardless of whether an EU army edits or not ) 

A reminder to the remainers of why an EU army is bad 

How do you see it operating?

Does the UK get to use all our army or just parts of it ?

Under who's control?

Who pays for it ?  

Who decides whether the UK renew any nuclear deterrent?  The EU or the UK?  If the EU decide is that the EU commissionaires?

Do we let our army follow EU foreign policy decisions?  

Do we let EU or NATO have first call on our support ?    What if NATO decides to take no action ( say against Iran ) but the EU decide to take military action.  Do we just go against NATO ? 

Does the EU thus become a nuclear power over night? 

Why couldn't the UK simply opt out of a putative EU Army like the UK opted out of the Euro?   If a country wants to join it let them join, if they don't let them stay out.  What's so problematic?

I hardly think the EU could make the Army compulsory for individual nations.

5 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Why couldn't the UK simply opt out of a putative EU Army like the UK opted out of the Euro?   If a country wants to join it let them join, if they don't let them stay out.  What's so problematic?

I hardly think the EU could make the Army compulsory for individual nations.

More obvious Guardian lies about the EU Army...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/25/brexiters-european-army-myths-franco-german

12 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Sounds like a democratic approach.  

Questions I asked a remainer who asked me what was wrong with an EU army.  No reply as yet.   And today another remainer asked what I thought was bad. I politely asked for any good reasons and was given intelligence sharing ( which happens in the EU regardless of whether an EU army edits or not ) 

A reminder to the remainers of why an EU army is bad 

How do you see it operating?

Does the UK get to use all our army or just parts of it ?

Under who's control?

Who pays for it ?  

Who decides whether the UK renew any nuclear deterrent?  The EU or the UK?  If the EU decide is that the EU commissionaires?

Do we let our army follow EU foreign policy decisions?  

Do we let EU or NATO have first call on our support ?    What if NATO decides to take no action ( say against Iran ) but the EU decide to take military action.  Do we just go against NATO ? 

Does the EU thus become a nuclear power over night? 

If the Ukraine joins the EU,  Putin will send in the tanks so we would be automatically at war with Russia if we remain in a EU army a scary prospect indeed. 

Archived