The Politics Thread 2019

David

49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If that was the reason he was doing it maybe yes, but we all know it's not.

Id say him allowing anything to try and overturn the will of the voters is well beyond his powers.

So he's being devious but accidentally upholding the sovereignty of parliament, which seems to be the main reason Brexit supporters favour Brexit. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

So he's being devious but accidentally upholding the sovereignty of parliament, which seems to be the main reason Brexit supporters favour Brexit. 

Hang on a minute I thought it was the £350m on the side of the bus? That's why we want a second Referendum isn't it because of that lie?

No actually, wait a minute, it was Farages poster wasn't it? And we only voted Leave because we are all racists? 

Wish you lot would make your mind up when you are telling us why we voted the way we did!

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hang on a minute I thought it was the £350m on the side of the bus? That's why we want a second Referendum isn't it because of that lie?

No actually, wait a minute, it was Farages poster wasn't it? And we only voted Leave because we are all racists? 

Wish you lot would make your mind up when you are telling us why we voted the way we did!

I thought it was because of immigration but you said it was about taking back control. 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I thought it was because of immigration but you said it was about taking back control. 

Not sure thate I've ever tried to speak on behalf of over 17m people. 

Only ever pointed out that there were lots of different reasons people voted the way they did.

I don't believe 'immigration' is anything that promises were made in relation to. I thought it was just about not having open borders. Might be wrong though.

4 hours ago, StivePesley said:

I thought parliament had already voted that we couldn't leave with no deal unless there was a motion agreed? There has been no majority shown for a no-deal scenario in any of the indicative votes, so I can't see it having the numbers. Plus Bercow would never let that happen by default I wouldn't have thought. 

That is all true IMO but there are two sides to this and if the EU don’t agree to another extension, then we’d be out on 31st October, deal or no deal.

They’ve already said that they’re unhappy that no progress has been made with the extension we’re currently “enjoying”.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

That is all true IMO but there are two sides to this and if the EU don’t agree to another extension, then we’d be out on 31st October, deal or no deal.

They’ve already said that they’re unhappy that no progress has been made with the extension we’re currently “enjoying”.

That's true - in which case it would be a "who blinks first?" scenario - we would have to revoke Article 50. As it stands I think that's the only sensible way forward. If Boris is so great, he can then come up with a plan for actually leaving the EU in a way that commands a majority, Do something Prime Minisiterial

6 hours ago, StivePesley said:

That's true - in which case it would be a "who blinks first?" scenario - we would have to revoke Article 50. As it stands I think that's the only sensible way forward. If Boris is so great, he can then come up with a plan for actually leaving the EU in a way that commands a majority, Do something Prime Minisiterial

He perhaps busy trying to come up with a better plan for leaving his girlfriend allegedly ?

7 hours ago, StivePesley said:

If it's possible for Johnson to come up with a sceanario that commands a majority, why not just leave the EU today and then put the plan into place after? 

We all know that what you're really trying to say is let's revoke Article 50 safe in the knowledge that most politicians are pro remain and once we had revoked Article 50 would continue to do anything to block us leaving. 

I'm not sure what the obsession with having a majority in Parliament is. The only majority that really counts was the one in the Referendum.

Hmm a lot of people on here no very little about trade deals, the impact of no deal brexit, and the fact that the referendum isn't actually legally binding, and a lot of lies, from both sides, was told.  The tories have hamstrung the investigation in to the vote leave, and a tory judge has declared the politicians are free to lie.

The irony is the the UK is rapidly becoming the USA, politically, and are looking at falling out of the top 30 countries in terms of GDP; and the next PM is likely to be a buffoon that was born in New York.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-richest-countries-in-the-world-2018-5?r=US&IR=T

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Hmm a lot of people on here no very little about trade deals, the impact of no deal brexit, and the fact that the referendum isn't actually legally binding, and a lot of lies, from both sides, was told.  The tories have hamstrung the investigation in to the vote leave, and a tory judge has declared the politicians are free to lie.

The irony is the the UK is rapidly becoming the USA, politically, and are looking at falling out of the top 30 countries in terms of GDP; and the next PM is likely to be a buffoon that was born in New York.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-richest-countries-in-the-world-2018-5?r=US&IR=T

I'll be honest, I'm surprised they didn't leave you in charge of negotiations as you obviously know so much more than everyone else...

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'll be honest, I'm surprised they didn't leave you in charge of negotiations as you obviously know so much more than everyone else...

I was part of a team that negotiated a $3 billion deal that got 5 international companies to work together (each in a different country), that reduced costs, improved efficiencies and massively improved the customer experience, which led to an increase in profits for all 5, and got other companies to join - in a nutshell.

That took 3 years just to get it off the ground, and every company was on board at the beginning, it mutually benefited everyone involved, however there are so many things that need to be brought into line.  I would explain further, however you will only read what you think you see.

So yes, I reckon I do know more that most people, and if you actually read my post, I said some...thanks for biting and proving a point.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He knew nothing about FTA and the NHS a few weeks a go.

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

I was part of a team that negotiated a $3 billion deal that got 5 international companies to work together (each in a different country), that reduced costs, improved efficiencies and massively improved the customer experience, which led to an increase in profits for all 5, and got other companies to join - in a nutshell.

That took 3 years just to get it off the ground, and every company was on board at the beginning, it mutually benefited everyone involved, however there are so many things that need to be brought into line.  I would explain further, however you will only read what you think you see.

So yes, I reckon I do know more that most people, and if you actually read my post, I said some...thanks for biting and proving a point.

Tinpot Ramspolls.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

He knew nothing about FTA and the NHS a few weeks a go.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Tinpot Ramspolls. 

You only spout up to take a dig, pipe down if you are incapable of adding anything, or go have a row with your other half.

19 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

driving top gear GIF by BBC

29 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

That took 3 years just to get it off the ground, and every company was on board at the beginning, it mutually benefited everyone involved, however there are so many things that need to be brought into line. 

Really?

Sounds very much like management speak to me. 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not sure what the obsession with having a majority in Parliament is. The only majority that really counts was the one in the Referendum.

I'm not sure what the obsession is with having the money to pay for it. The only fact that really counts is that I said I wanted a Lamborghini.

Archived