Graeme Shinnie - Signed on 3 year deal

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asked a Dons fan friend of mine what he thought... "Shinns is a great player and the Dons will really miss him. He is leader who will run through a brick wall for the team. Full of energy and running and carries the ball well going forward. Can play left-back, but McInnes preferred him in midfield. Great signing for the rams in my opinion. I also used to teach him and he is a lovely lad."

This signing will have been thought about long and hard . Frank and the team behind the signing won't have just signed him for the championship. 

I'm not sure what peoples concepts are that if we get promoted he won't be good enough ? If we did get promoted , do you suddenly think we will be signing £10-£15 million players for each position ? 

For me this a shrewd signing for the whole concept of how we want to play . Frank's been desperate for that enforcer in the holding midfield role , Johnson has done ok and even well in patches but I wouldn't be comfortable with him as first choice in that role going into next season . 

4 hours ago, eddie said:

When the Shinnie transfer rumour broke, it was stated that Derby expected the 'soft embargo' to be lifted in a week. That was 3 weeks ago. The only reason I can think of why it hasn't been announced publicly is that the EFL want to wind up Pulis and Gibson for the lulz.

You're so "street" Eddie....?

23 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

You're so "street" Eddie....?

I was once accused of being posh by a friend who saw me being interviewed on TV, so I suppose I'm 'boulevard'.

2 hours ago, MarkB said:

Asked a Dons fan friend of mine what he thought... "Shinns is a great player and the Dons will really miss him. He is leader who will run through a brick wall for the team. Full of energy and running and carries the ball well going forward. Can play left-back, but McInnes preferred him in midfield. Great signing for the rams in my opinion. I also used to teach him and he is a lovely lad."

Welcome to the forum Mr Shinnie, good 1st post ?

Asked my aunt about Shinnie, she’s been a season ticket holder at Aberdeen since time began. She says “you’ve got an excellent player that we would like to have kept. Hardworking, good on the ball, won’t shirk a hard tackle, great motivator of the younger lads and a thoroughly decent guy. Can you do your auld Aunty a favour and ask if we can keep Max Lowe, he been brilliant for us”. 

Sounds like a good bit of business...

57 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I’m very pleased with this. I do like Scottish players, at the very least they tend to put a good shift in. Welcome to Derby the noo.

We are somewhat lacking these days in the 'mad scots' department

On 07/05/2019 at 17:50, Needless said:

Has he gone public on his position on haggis and jaeger? 

He was head of the wild Aberdeen Haggis breeding program. Recently it has been noticed that haggis only have haggisex on Burns night with bagpipes playing. This has kept wild haggis numbers in check but was not deliberate. No info was forthcoming on jaegar. Routers

On 31/03/2019 at 11:47, richinspain said:

So we're trying to sign a left back who isn't playing in his preferred position because the left back that we have loaned to his club is playing there? ?

Makes a change from signing strikers and playing them out wide ?

Archived