Graeme Shinnie - Signed on 3 year deal

Ghost of Clough

2 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

An honest hard working player who will give his all. Not a great talker on the pitch but leads by example.

Be prepared for a lot of yellow cards, his tackling can be a bit reckless and his passing can blow hot or cold. 

He's not really a Defensive sitting midfielder, more a box to box type who can tackle. If Im being honest, there's a lot of people who say hes a better left back than midfielder. 

In his hayday, Brysons finishing and knowing when to arrive on the box is better than Greame's.

Hopefully he has a cup winners medal in his pocket when he comes down in the summer. 

I like a bit of crazy tackling. We've not had that since Rioch. 

The more reckless and dangerous the better. 

The only good example in recent years was the Jacob butterfield sending off at norwich. Top stuff. Totally unnecessary. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Really like this, reminds of the good side of Nigel Clough.

- entering his prime

- from a lower (well a lesser) division so has something to prove

- captain of his current side

- low risk, fairly cheap

Clough signed players like this a few times with the likes of Bryson, Shackell and kind of with Russell.

That Johnny Russell interview from a few weeks back spoke about how the dressing room was just full of players itching to prove themselves and achieve something at Derby, there weren’t any egos. Chuck in a bit of talent and that  became the foundation of a team that ended up being successful and deserved to be promoted.

Let’s hope he’s more of a Bryson than a Chris Maguire though.

He's not Aberdeen / Derby Russell Anderson or Aberdeen / Derby Paul Coutts either.

Is Paul Coutts going to get to the Premier League with Sheff Utd before us also!

Your right it does also remind me of the Nigel Clough days, but is that us going backwards to try and go forwards once again?

I've watched Graeme Shinnie play quite a few times and I've never come away from Pittodrie thinking he was the stand out player on the pitch. He'll work and give everything, but so does Craig Bryson and so did Johnny Russell, but the question is, is it enough? 

John McGinn would have been a good signing for us.

Very impressed that he's somehow managed to maintain an average of over 10 yellow cards per season for almost 8 seasons and yet has somehow managed to not once get a red card, not even with two yellows. That's the sort of controlled thuggery I like in a defensive mid.

29 minutes ago, JfR said:

Very impressed that he's somehow managed to maintain an average of over 10 yellow cards per season for almost 8 seasons and yet has somehow managed to not once get a red card, not even with two yellows. That's the sort of controlled thuggery I like in a defensive mid.

Far more cards than goals.....

5 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

I hope he is like john Mcginn,  I watched him against Rotherham last night and he was excellent. 

My mate at work who's a Forest fan was delighted in the summer they didn't sign him. His words were along the lines of ' were buying world class talent now instead of poo like Mcginn '.  He was also chuffed they got this Colback fella for the bargain wage of 40 k a week. Here he is signing. He looks chuffed.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Gritty said:

Agree

Next season in CM we should have the following contracted to us:

Huddlestone, Thorne, Evans, Bird, Holmes (can play there)

I can't see Thorne playing for us again so he'll be out on loan if we can shift him somehow. So Huddz, Shinnie and Holmes as starters with Evans and Bird as youngsters coming through in support. We'll probably look to get one more midfielder in on loan I think

More than the one I’d think if were going for a 433. Id look at

Huddlestone/Bird/Evans

New/New Holmes/Shinnie 

As the nessercery squad depth, would probably flog Evans and get someone better in to compete with/ eventually replace Huddlestone As well. Replacing mount is the biggie now, and getting some proper cover in for him above what we’ve had this season.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Huddlestone/Bird/Evans

New/New Holmes/Shinnie 

As the nessercery squad depth, would probably flog Evans and get someone better in to compete with/ eventually replace Huddlestone As well. Replacing mount is the biggie now, and getting some proper cover in for him above what we’ve had this season.

With having Huddlestone, Evans, Shinnie, Bird, Holmes, (and Thorne) for next season I see us lining up in a 4231.

Huddlestone/Evans alongside Shinnie/Bird with new/Holmes in the hole.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With having Huddlestone, Evans, Shinnie, Bird, Holmes, (and Thorne) for next season I see us lining up in a 4231.

Huddlestone/Evans alongside Shinnie/Bird with new/Holmes in the hole.

Not totally convinced that huddz and Thorne will be here.

Neither are first choice, and it seemed to be suggested that thorne is a virtual write off, so i doubt that either player is too happy.

50 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Neither are first choice, and it seemed to be suggested that thorne is a virtual write off, so i doubt that either player is too happy.

If Huddlestone hasn't been first choice this season then who has? 19 starts as DM is higher than the next highest of 16 (Johnson)

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Huddlestone/Bird/Evans

New/New Holmes/Shinnie 

Unless the New /New's are quality I think we are in for a long hrd season .

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Since I've decided the playoffs aren't for us this season my hopeful musing for the summer is that somehow Thorne is going to make a miraculous recovery and come back next season to lead us to glory

Archived