Graeme Shinnie - Signed on 3 year deal

Ghost of Clough

Derby County are leading the chase to sign Rangers target Graeme Shinnie on a free transfer from Aberdeen, Football Insider understands.

Shinnie is out of contract at Aberdeen at the end of the season and has been the subject of interest from a number of clubs in Scotland and England.

The 27-year-old left-back, who can also play in midfield, has yet to agree a new deal at Aberdeen and he has been free to talk to other clubs since January.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ibrox-exclusive-Derby-county-lead-rangers-in-chase-to-sign-player/

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, richinspain said:

So we're trying to sign a left back who isn't playing in his preferred position because the left back that we have loaned to his club is playing there? ?

Very cunning.

Shinnie has been excellent for Aberdeen this season at DM, although he's historically been a left back, I'd imagine he would come in as a DM considering the form he's shown there. I'm trying to be realistic to our situation, so I'd actually say this could be a shrewd signing. I believe Bristol City & Sheff Utd are also sniffing around.

He’s got a decent beard, real dense one unlike Grabban’s effort, proper manly. One that would fit perfectly in a corner of a hipster bar with a pint of some obscure 7% black liquid and a copy of the Vegan Times.

2 hours ago, David said:

He’s got a decent beard, real dense one unlike Grabban’s effort, proper manly. One that would fit perfectly in a corner of a hipster bar with a pint of some obscure 7% black liquid and a copy of the Vegan Times.

Quite worrying that we're looking at someone with a hipster beard - wasn't that the reason we signed Butterfield?

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

He was mostly to blame for two of Kazakhstan's goals the other night, doesn't look a particularly steady left back.

He's been in a excellent form as Aberdeen's DM, and as we're weak there I would expect that's what we're looking at. 

We have Max Lowe coming back for our LB position. 

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

He's been in a excellent form as Aberdeen's DM, and as we're weak there I would expect that's what we're looking at. 

we're weak in DM ? im happy with Hudds and Jonno doing that role with a miracle come back of Thorne next season 

15 hours ago, SaintRam said:

11 hours ago, jimbobram said:

we're weak in DM ? im happy with Hudds and Jonno doing that role with a miracle come back of Thorne next season 

I'm with Jimbo on this one. We'll have Huddlestone, Evans, Bird and possibly Thorne and Johnson for the DM spot(s) next season. Unless we plan on offloading 3 of those, I cannot see us signing someone to play that position. Its the advanced CM role(s) we are short as we only have Holmes who can play there.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm with Jimbo on this one. We'll have Huddlestone, Evans, Bird and possibly Thorne and Johnson for the DM spot(s) next season. Unless we plan on offloading 3 of those, I cannot see us signing someone to play that position. Its the advanced CM role(s) we are short as we only have Holmes who can play there.

Evans doesn't seem to be at the necessary level, and I don't think Thorne or Johnson will be back next season, so there's your three. Although I do agree we are more short at advanced midfield.

34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Evans doesn't seem to be at the necessary level, and I don't think Thorne or Johnson will be back next season, so there's your three. Although I do agree we are more short at advanced midfield.

Can't imagine Johnson will be back, thankfully, and there's no chance Thorne suddenly turns into 2014 era GT. Evans is a rotation option at best currently and Huddlestone isn't getting younger and the contract extension could be to be able to move him on for a fee for all we know. We do need to improve the position massively as it's pivotal to the system.

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I agree that we're desperately short at CM - But also agree (to an extent) with @Srg and @SaintRam that a lot of those options are probably not gonna be front and centre

Johnson will be let go, Thorne unlikely to be fit (?), Bird still very young and Evans not really shown much so far - And then at the end of 19-20 we'll be without Hudds and Thorne for definite - So longer term it makes sense to bring someone in if they're free

Archived