Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Clough

Graeme Shinnie

Derby County are leading the chase to sign Rangers target Graeme Shinnie on a free transfer from Aberdeen, Football Insider understands.

Shinnie is out of contract at Aberdeen at the end of the season and has been the subject of interest from a number of clubs in Scotland and England.

The 27-year-old left-back, who can also play in midfield, has yet to agree a new deal at Aberdeen and he has been free to talk to other clubs since January.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ibrox-exclusive-derby-county-lead-rangers-in-chase-to-sign-player/

24 minutes ago, richinspain said:

So we're trying to sign a left back who isn't playing in his preferred position because the left back that we have loaned to his club is playing there? 🤪

Very cunning.

Shinnie has been excellent for Aberdeen this season at DM, although he's historically been a left back, I'd imagine he would come in as a DM considering the form he's shown there. I'm trying to be realistic to our situation, so I'd actually say this could be a shrewd signing. I believe Bristol City & Sheff Utd are also sniffing around.

He’s got a decent beard, real dense one unlike Grabban’s effort, proper manly. One that would fit perfectly in a corner of a hipster bar with a pint of some obscure 7% black liquid and a copy of the Vegan Times.

If he wasn't out of contract I very much doubt he would be on our radar, and certainly would not want him if it negates Max Bird's opportunities.

2 hours ago, David said:

He’s got a decent beard, real dense one unlike Grabban’s effort, proper manly. One that would fit perfectly in a corner of a hipster bar with a pint of some obscure 7% black liquid and a copy of the Vegan Times.

Quite worrying that we're looking at someone with a hipster beard - wasn't that the reason we signed Butterfield?

On 31/03/2019 at 14:24, Gaspode said:

Quite worrying that we're looking at someone with a hipster beard - wasn't that the reason we signed Butterfield?

Butterfield was what you went for there? When we had Ledley?

54 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Butterfield was what you went for there? When we had Ledley?

Ledley was a relative success - whereas Butters?????

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

He was mostly to blame for two of Kazakhstan's goals the other night, doesn't look a particularly steady left back.

He's been in a excellent form as Aberdeen's DM, and as we're weak there I would expect that's what we're looking at. 

We have Max Lowe coming back for our LB position. 

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

He's been in a excellent form as Aberdeen's DM, and as we're weak there I would expect that's what we're looking at. 

We have Max Lowe coming back for our LB position. 

we're weak in DM ? im happy with Hudds and Jonno doing that role with a miracle come back of Thorne next season