Graeme Shinnie - Signed on 3 year deal

Ghost of Clough

4 minutes ago, inter politics said:

I like Brassell, do you have a link to his comments regarding Cocu?

It might have been in this episode of On the Continent, or it might have been the following week’s:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/on-the-continent/id1272100668?i=1000444132372

It’s a great podcast, as both he and James Horncastle are fantastic.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, desirelines said:

Gavin Miller from PureFitbaw features on the latest Not the Top 20 Podcast this week, taking about some of the Scottish arrivals into the EFL this summer. He's not so optimistic about Shinnie I'm afraid to say. Here's a quote: 

He also says that he wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Scotland within the next 12 months. 

The perfect replacement for a 18/19 Bryson then.

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Last night I was listening to the DCFC Blogcast podcast.  Some interesting stuff from Ram Srinivas on Shinnie.  IIRC, said he was top 10% last season for creative passes and also for passes into the box.  His analysis surprised me as I understood Shinnie to be much more of a DM.  But Ram positioned him more as replacement for Bryson, but with better creative abilities.

Left sided DM in a 4231, or left side of a midfield 3 is where I see him playing - similar to how we used Bryson last season.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Anyone else think that Shinnie might be on his way back to Scotland before their transfer window closes?

When a manager is quoted in the media saying "I didn't sign him" I think the writing is on the wall!

Yes I said the same at the match last night, he will go back on loan.

What with our abundance of right backs we dont need him ?

10 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Anyone else think that Shinnie might be on his way back to Scotland before their transfer window closes?

When a manager is quoted in the media saying "I didn't sign him" I think the writing is on the wall!

I think when the question includes the phrase "wasn't your signing", I think starting your answer off with "yes it's true, I didn't sign him", before then talking about his qualities, is perfectly reasonable and not necessarily indicative of an imminent departure.

It could be, but I feel like that soundbite was lead into by the question.

15 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Oosh - Where did he say that?

Might just have been a poor turn of phrase? As in "I've had to get familiar with him and work out a role because I didn't sign him"

And just saw @SaintRam's post following mine

If we played our first eleven according to their strengths we would not be playing out from the back. Make sure we do not let goals in then build from that please. Playing out from the back while the.opposition retreat to their own half waiting for a counterattack opportunity will cost us a few points this season. If the players are.not good enough to play out from the back then play what they can play and get some more players at Xmas. Teams that win the.league are playing their natural game. Fulham had 84,6 percent possession last night against Millwall.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

If we played our first eleven according to their strengths we would not be playing out from the back. Make sure we do not let goals in then build from that please. Playing out from the back while the.opposition retreat to their own half waiting for a counterattack opportunity will cost us a few points this season. If the players are.not good enough to play out from the back then play what they can play and get some more players at Xmas. Teams that win the.league are playing their natural game. Fulham had 84,6 percent possession last night against Millwall.

totally agree , we are our own worst enemy at the moment

I have to admit, the alarm bells rang when I saw this is pass accuracy percentage for Aberdeen was in the sixties. Rowett's season aside, even BJ's was always in the seventies for ourselves and Norwich.

Considering we want to play 'football', I can see this being the reasoning behind his lack of game time.

44 minutes ago, cannable said:

I have to admit, the alarm bells rang when I saw this is pass accuracy percentage for Aberdeen was in the sixties. Rowett's season aside, even BJ's was always in the seventies for ourselves and Norwich.

Considering we want to play 'football', I can see this being the reasoning behind his lack of game time.

67.6% in 17/18

On 21/08/2019 at 16:03, SaintRam said:

I think when the question includes the phrase "wasn't your signing", I think starting your answer off with "yes it's true, I didn't sign him", before then talking about his qualities, is perfectly reasonable and not necessarily indicative of an imminent departure.

It could be, but I feel like that soundbite was lead into by the question.

Cocu also admitted he himself was a sphincter. The interviewer open with "Asssphinctersaidwhat" and Cocu said "What?"

Archived