Graeme Shinnie - Signed on 3 year deal

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the match last night. He covered a lot of ground and was also great at covering defensive positions when the full backs went upfield.

He made a couple of wayward passes/bad touches but always aimed to get the ball back as soon as possible.

Nice to hear the crowd chanting his name after the match. If he has a similar impact with us then we’ve got a bargain.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Who said Lampard isn’t manager? 

It is looking more and more likely he wont be our manager next season, I hope he is but just saying he would surely have been a big part in Shinnie's decision to join us

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

It is looking more and more likely he wont be our manager next season, I hope he is but just saying he would surely have been a big part in Shinnie's decision to join us

Don't talk STUPID !! .......Frank is going nowhere . Do you believe everything you read in the papers ? ...........Apparently there is a B52 bomber on the dark side of the moon too !! ???

Still a step up for the lad, we've got a great infrastructure, stadium and fan base, and on the footballing side a need for that type of player. 

Whoever is boss next year I imagine he'll be a first teamer and won't be regretting his decision at all. 

• 1 month later...

Gavin Miller from PureFitbaw features on the latest Not the Top 20 Podcast this week, taking about some of the Scottish arrivals into the EFL this summer. He's not so optimistic about Shinnie I'm afraid to say. Here's a quote: 

He's not the best technical player. He's not got the ability to push the ball forward. Some of the criticisms from the Aberdeen fans last season was he doesn't really get involved enough enough in creating or scoring chances. He's not an anchor, he's not the guy to screen the back four.

He also says that he wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Scotland within the next 12 months. 

10 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Gavin Miller from PureFitbaw features on the latest Not the Top 20 Podcast this week, taking about some of the Scottish arrivals into the EFL this summer. He's not so optimistic about Shinnie I'm afraid to say. Here's a quote: 

He also says that he wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Scotland within the next 12 months. 

To quote Captain Mainwaring......

"Stupid boy !"

22 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Andy Brassell, who has an outstanding knowledge of European football, wasn't too optimistic about Cocu either. I generally consider proper journalists who have worked their way up to be more 'expert' than most of the ex-pro pundits, so let's hope we prove the experts wrong!

21 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Doesn't sound like he has got much going for him.....let's all hope he can cope with the step up to the Championship.....

24 minutes ago, desirelines said:

So let me get this straight, he has no technical ability & he can't attack or create chances. He also cannot protect the back line or operate defensively. Pretty amazing for a guy that got in to the SPL team of the year.

4 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

So let me get this straight, he has no technical ability & he can't attack or create chances. He also cannot protect the back line or operate defensively. Pretty amazing for a guy that got in to the SPL team of the year.

Thinking the same, no mention of what he is good at. Weird he was given a standing ovation after his last game.

Also appears to be talking from what he's heard Aberdeen fans say, well you could listen to Derby fans who would lay into Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Lawrence, Wilson, Bennett yet we somehow made it to Wembley. 

13 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Last night I was listening to the DCFC Blogcast podcast.  Some interesting stuff from Ram Srinivas on Shinnie.  IIRC, said he was top 10% last season for creative passes and also for passes into the box.  His analysis surprised me as I understood Shinnie to be much more of a DM.  But Ram positioned him more as replacement for Bryson, but with better creative abilities.

49 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Not only was he in the team of the year in the 18-19 season but also in the SPL team of year in 15-16, 14-15 and 13-14. I'd say that's pretty good going for a player with no ability at all (according to gormy gavin) and whilst not playing for Celtic and Rangers.

He's got the move he deserves, lets hope he can deliver like he has for the past 5 years!

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Andy Brassell, who has an outstanding knowledge of European football, wasn't too optimistic about Cocu either. I generally consider proper journalists who have worked their way up to be more 'expert' than most of the ex-pro pundits, so let's hope we prove the experts wrong!

I like Brassell, do you have a link to his comments regarding Cocu?

Archived