Suitcases without wheels

1of4

As much as I don't like the company, needs must and I'm soon having to fly with Ryanair.

Due to them changing their carry on bag sizes. I'm now having to buy a new case, the thing thats really bugging me is that all the ones I can find for sale come with wheels and a stupid handle, which must waste at least 10% of the capacity of the case and making the case heavier, meaning I can pack less for my trip. I may be getting old and decrepit but I'm sure I can carry a small case containing a few kilos of luggage without the need to drag it along behind me on silly wheels.

So can anyone recommend where I can get a case without wheels at a reasonable price. I want a proper case and not one of those soft sided back pack things either.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironically, Ryanair is the 'safest' airline in the world.  This is measured by how many deaths, on board, have occurred.  It is Zero, after carrying 1 billion pax.  2nd is EasyJet, no deaths and 800k pax.

Still won't get on one, or the other.

I hate to break it to you, but the only size you can take with you without paying extra isn’t even the standard carry on size any more. All you can really take is a little man bag. I doubt you could find anything that small with wheels anyway. 

And you can’t she’ll it in, so you’ve got to make sure all your toiletries are small enough to be allowed. 

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I hate to break it to you, but the only size you can take with you without paying extra isn’t even the standard carry on size any more. All you can really take is a little man bag. I doubt you could find anything that small with wheels anyway. 

And you can’t she’ll it in, so you’ve got to make sure all your toiletries are small enough to be allowed. 

Priority allows bigger bags

1 hour ago, dog said:

I had to fly Ryanair a couple of years ago. Paid to go 'priority'. So had virtually everyone else....

Last time I paid for "priority", it got you through the gate first but then we just went downstairs into a holding pen and then all had to cram on coaches, which didn't turn up until everyone was there anyway. Utter waste of money.

I thought this was going to be a re run of my favourite monologue by a brummie comic talking about suitcases

it went something like this

“Remember as kid going on holiday abroad in the 1970’s ? we all queued up at the check in Dad carry suitcases or shoving them along the floor with his foot as you moved up the queue ?”  .. “we landed on the Moon in 1969 .. doesn’t it strike you as a bit odd that we had a fully functional space ship before we managed to come up with the bright idea of wheels on suitcase ! 

Used to use Ryanair 3 or 4 times a year ,I now use Jet2 cheaper [usually] better flight times and very friendly .They don't make you walk miles by using cheaper check in / gates  and parking the aircraft miles from the terminal so you have to transfer by bus .Rant over sorry what was your question?

16 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Ironically, Ryanair is the 'safest' airline in the world.  This is measured by how many deaths, on board, have occurred.  It is Zero, after carrying 1 billion pax.  2nd is EasyJet, no deaths and 800k pax.

Still won't get on one, or the other.

Easyjet is our choice when we are over there, much prefer over British Airways. Granted we pay for luggage and extra legroom seats (i'm 6'2). BA has really gone down hill the last 10 years. They even wanted to charge extra 120pnds  to pick business class seats to Shanghai. Just hear too many bad things about Ryanair to even contemplate using them. Would be interested to hear about Jet2, they seem to be getting some good reviews.

Archived