Championship Team of the Season

David

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be vetted a lot better than it currently is, because it should be seen as a prestiges achievement for each player in their appropriate position. Reece James has been good this season, but he's played RB or CDM. He's never played at CB. It's not like there isn't a multitude of deserving CBs to pick between, a number with a higher claim than James who is playing in a team fighting relegation. I would also suggest that a team selected based on 'achievements' and a team selected based on 'ability' would look entirely different. For example, Henderson & Randolph have had the best seasons in terms of goalkeepers looking at the numbers, but Butland's ability is greater than both IMO. Grealish has loads of ability, but he wouldn\t be their on achievement. 

I also have to question the defensive selections: two Norwich defenders, who've been average-to-poor at the back, one from a team with one of the worst defensive records in the league and Liam Cooper. I can't possibly see how there is no Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd or Bristol City defenders more deserving? I don't know. I haven't watched that much of other teams this season, but I just can't see how that can possibly be right.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It should be vetted a lot better than it currently is, because it should be seen as a prestiges achievement for each player in their appropriate position. Reece James has been good this season, but he's played RB or CDM. He's never played at CB. It's not like there isn't a multitude of deserving CBs to pick between, a number with a higher claim than James who is playing in a team fighting relegation. I would also suggest that a team selected based on 'achievements' and a team selected based on 'ability' would look entirely different. For example, Henderson & Randolph have had the best seasons in terms of goalkeepers looking at the numbers, but Butland's ability is greater than both IMO. Grealish has loads of ability, but he wouldn\t be their on achievement. 

I also have to question the defensive selections: two Norwich defenders, who've been average-to-poor at the back, one from a team with one of the worst defensive records in the league and Liam Cooper. I can't possibly see how there is no Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd or Bristol City defenders more deserving? I don't know. I haven't watched that much of other teams this season, but I just can't see how that can possibly be right.

What formation do you pick?

Go 4-2-3-1 you give 2 DM’s a chance of this prestigious award but only one striker, tricky one.

My guess is the managers are asked for one full back and one centre back, with the votes for centre backs being spread over more players we see an extra full back thrown on as they won more votes.

Probably also asked for one winger/attacker and one centre mid, that’s how Bowen ended up in midfield. 

On paper looks a bit daft, but would need to see the questions asked.

They should scrap it for Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder and Attacker of the season, that would make it more prestigious to come out on top

9 minutes ago, David said:

What formation do you pick?

Go 4-2-3-1 you give 2 DM’s a chance of this prestigious award but only one striker, tricky one.

My guess is the managers are asked for one full back and one centre back, with the votes for centre backs being spread over more players we see an extra full back thrown on as they won more votes.

Probably also asked for one winger/attacker and one centre mid, that’s how Bowen ended up in midfield. 

On paper looks a bit daft, but would need to see the questions asked.

They should scrap it for Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder and Attacker of the season, that would make it more prestigious to come out on top

Agree. It makes a lot more sense. 

Equally, sticking with the TOTS idea, you should have: GK | LB/LWB | 2x CB | RB/RWB | 2x CM | RM/RW | LM/LW | 1x ST with a final position vote including either CM/ST which would either make it a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 depending on how the votes fall out. 

its just a bit of fun.

i'd have grealish over phillips - first name on the teamsheet

possibly roofe instead of adams,

tammy abrahams instead of pukki

tomori over reece james,

butland in goal

3 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

No Grealish!

I reckon this was compiled by the same ‘experts’ who left Colin Todd out of the Top DCFC XI!

A bit previous too.

P S Mason Bennett’s Goal ? must’ve closed the betting on goal of the season though!

Grealish has been injured a lot 

Archived