FIVE years ago today

cannable

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five years ?

We were on the brink of (Derby style) greatness. And this was the most enjoyable stepping stone so far.

Im a greedy bugger and being 5 up with 25 mins to go, I wish we’d got 6. You get brackets on bbc for 6 (six) ? and the ubiquitous ‘six of the best’ and ‘six appeal’ headlines. They’d never live that down. I’m sure someone could manipulate the horrid forest word ‘o’ into a big shiny 6 too. f6rest. Instead we’ve got 5orest, for5st, fore5t etc ho ho

5 (five) though eh?! Nice.

Right, back to work.....

After all this time... and the countless times I've watched this version since... I still get goosebumps at 1:05. for some weird reason!

... I think I always let out a little wee, too!  I have this time, anyway!  

And re JR's goal... I'm still convinced to this day that in the split second between lift-back and contact with the ball, had I had an online bookies account, I'd now be a millionaire*... That was never, ever going to miss!  (I was in the NE corner, looking straight at him!)

*Not that I go on my mobile whilst the game is on, you understand!!  Perish the thought!!  ;-)

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

After all this time... and the countless times I've watched this version since... I still get goosebumps at 1:05. for some weird reason!

... I think I always let out a little wee, too!  I have this time, anyway!  

And re JR's goal... I'm still convinced to this day that in the split second between lift-back and contact with the ball, had I had an online bookies account, I'd now be a millionaire*... That was never, ever going to miss!  (I was in the NE corner, looking straight at him!)

*Not that I go on my mobile whilst the game is on, you understand!!  Perish the thought!!  ?

Was just thinking the same thing about the goosebumps. Obviously it’s forest but there’s something amazing about that video / game. It’s seeing a TEAM playing to the collective potential of 11 players. They’re confident, efficient, stylish, happy, have a rapport together / with the manager / with the fans. The commentary helps too.  Deforestation indeed. Even Rammers quiet ‘go on son’ for Hendrick and little snigger for a later goal. Full house. Noisy crowd. 

People rave about Wolves and Leeds but that team were flippin good. 

24 minutes ago, cannable said:

Enjoy ?

God bless u mate 

That’s put a spring in my step 

sent it to all the red dogs that Iv had messages from about dcfc Poundland 

should shut them back up for 5 mins 

love the fact the follow on video is the 10 men one too ?

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

God bless u mate 

That’s put a spring in my step 

sent it to all the red dogs that Iv had messages from about dcfc Poundland 

should shut them back up for 5 mins 

love the fact the follow on video is the 10 men one too ?

The dogs have a good sense of ironic humour I suppose. Imagine criticising the chairmanship and management of another club! My dog mates are fed up with the (my sources said) human trafficking / drug dealing / match fixing Tony Ferrino wannabe. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Two passes which come readily to mind - Bamfords' to Hendrick and Will Hughes to Bent away to Wolves.

Thorne to Russell?! Best I’ve ever seen live that one!

In fact, this is an idea for a thread, best ASSISTS you’ve ever seen 

8 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

It’s seeing a TEAM playing to the collective potential of 11 players.

Yep, build your team around getting a contribution from as many players as possible and if that isn't working pop someone like Bamford on with the ability to grab something out of nothing. It's what was working so effectively the following season (with a slightly less cavalier approach and Ibe in place of Bamford) too..

It's just such a shame McClaren went and bloody abandoned that principle, pretty much reversed it, with the signings of Ince & Bent!

11 hours ago, cannable said:

Enjoy ?

I struggle to watch it as it saddens me how truly poo we are now in comparison, I sound like a miserable twit I know but we were miles better then than the turgid and ineffective football we play now. Even though Hughes wasn't playing, he was a key part of our possession game and Rowett should have been thrown in Alcatraz for selling him  for 7million . I think we need a focal point to our attack like we had with Martin if we want to play that sort of football and Marriott and Waghorn are not technically gifted enough  or good enough at holding the ball up to do it, we need either a new Martin or shift away from 433 in the summer.

Archived