Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he was offered the chance he'd go I reckon .  Look at Clough with Burton - he had a job for life there and came to us with his family connection to the club.  A lot of people saying he isn't experienced enough and will get that job in time but life isn't really like that and he would very likely take the chance now if offered as the opportunity may not come again.  If he does poorly the fans there will love him . If he does well they will love him .  What's to lose .  

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If he was offered the chance he'd go I reckon .  Look at Clough with Burton - he had a job for life there and came to us with his family connection to the club.  A lot of people saying he isn't experienced enough and will get that job in time but life isn't really like that and he would very likely take the chance now if offered as the opportunity may not come again.  If he does poorly the fans there will love him . If he does well they will love him .  What's to lose .  

I genuinely can’t see them loving him if he does poorly at Chelsea!

6 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I genuinely can’t see them loving him if he does poorly at Chelsea!

Thirteen years as a player .  Won loads, record goal scorer.  Bit like Kevin Hector coming back here as manager .  If he had 25 games as manager and lost twenty he would still have the adoration of thousands .  If your a club legend a few bad results as a manager is easily offset against your previous achievement . 

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Thirteen years as a player .  Won loads, record goal scorer.  Bit like Kevin Hector coming back here as manager .  If he had 25 games as manager and lost twenty he would still have the adoration of thousands .  If your a club legend a few bad results as a manager is easily offset against your previous achievement . 

Gary Rowett? ?

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Gary Rowett? ?

If this does happen he'll be back .  No longer will we be the new darlings of the media.  The entrance to Pride Park will be devoid of national rags and paparazzi and St peters street will reinvigorated with cut price trainer shops hailing the return of the king .  Our fifteen minutes will be over and we can get back to squabbling about attendances with the shower down the road as there's nothing else to do .

30 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

image.jpg

_38935591_gregory203.jpg

1 hour ago, rynny said:

But he hasn't denied that he is interested and that he isn't going since then. He needs to deny it in every interview with the press that he does. 

He wouldn't be human if he wasn't interested and I think if they did come NOW, it would be a hard decision for him, but i think he is so grateful to Mel for giving him a chance like this plus the fact that the fans love him and are on board with what he's trying to achieve, I think he would turn them down. 

I believe he is a man of his word and he seem very humble to be given this opportunity so when he said he wouldn't go at the fans forum, I believe this would still be true. 

This isn't Gary "the python" Rowett we're talking about.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

He wouldn't be human if he wasn't interested and I think if they did come NOW, it would be a hard decision for him, but i think he is so grateful to Mel for giving him a chance like this plus the fact that the fans love him and are on board with what he's trying to achieve, I think he would turn them down. 

I believe he is a man of his word and he seem very humble to be given this opportunity so when he said he wouldn't go at the fans forum, I believe this would still be true. 

This isn't Gary "the python" Rowett we're talking about.

I'm taking the pee out of the hysteria from some fans over Mac1. 

I’m not being funny but if he goes he goes. He’s doing an ok job for us and I like him and his footballing philosophy but no one is bigger than this club are they? I don’t give a poo about the profile he brings - we are Derby County, not Frank Lampards Derby County. Personally I don’t think he’d go but if he does we move on. 

The point no one seems to be making though is more about Abramovic.....does anyone actually say no to him?

Would Frank have a choice if he was offered the job, on the basis that if he turned Roman down, is that it forever?

”Don’t worry Frank, publicly humiliate me and make the Chelsea fans hate me, you can have the job when you are ready!l”

Franks going nowhere soon 1. He’s not daft and has years ahead of him and time on his side  AND 2. I’m sure Mel took a patent out on Frank Lampards Derby County, that means it cannot be changed until the end of his contract (patent) period, no drama.

4 minutes ago, R@M said:

The point no one seems to be making though is more about Abramovic.....does anyone actually say no to him?

Would Frank have a choice if he was offered the job, on the basis that if he turned Roman down, is that it forever?

”Don’t worry Frank, publicly humiliate me and make the Chelsea fans hate me, you can have the job when you are ready!l”

Just imagine for a minute, what if Chelsea’s all time pin up boy struggled at Chelsea, blamed upstairs interference, or lack of funds to compete with Man City.

How would Chelsea fans react, would it be Abramovich’s fault or Franks? I’m sure Roman has broad shoulders but...

7 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Just imagine for a minute, what if Chelsea’s all time pin up boy struggled at Chelsea, blamed upstairs interference, or lack of funds to compete with Man City.

How would Chelsea fans react, would it be Abramovich’s fault or Franks? I’m sure Roman has broad shoulders but...

Fair point, but by then I wouldn’t be bothered! And I’m not sure abramovic thinks that far ahead.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Now your talking.

Archived