Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Just now, Full Screw said:

Of course that is the obvious risk he'll take and it may backfire but it may not. Frank has ambition and when was the last time an English manager managed a top 6 club? I think Frank cannot afford to miss out if it comes his way.

Nobody doubts Frank has ambition above Derby County, and that's fine, but if he does a job here it'll set him up for a better opportunity at Chelsea. Chelsea at the minute are in desperate need of wholesale changes and it will take some time to rebuild an aging squad with Eden Hazard who wants to leave. Particularly with someone as trigger happy as Roman.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

Nobody doubts Frank has ambition above Derby County, and that's fine, but if he does a job here it'll set him up for a better opportunity at Chelsea. Chelsea at the minute are in desperate need of wholesale changes and it will take some time to rebuild an aging squad with Eden Hazard who wants to leave. Particularly with someone as trigger happy as Roman.

All the more reason to go. He'll be given time to rebuild if necessary.

I don't want him to go all I'm saying is that there is no reason why he shouldn't.

Inexperience is not a factor.

18 hours ago, robglosta said:

Why would they? We’re not even in the top six (despite it being a decent season from our perspective). They’d be better off with Howe if they want a ‘top four’ novice. 

18 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Sarri will be sacked after that no doubt, but Lampard won’t be on their radar. Ain’t at the level yet to be under consideration. Can see someone like Eddie Howe or someone from abroad getting the job. Dunno who’s I’m charge of Sevilla but they’re doing decent, that could be a shout. Won’t be frank though, not only not proven yet but hasn’t really shown anything in charge of us to suggest he’s gonna be that good a manager as of yet.

Well have a decent release fee I’m sure mind, if abramovich did decide to go left field.

Sad to say, Frank is way, way more likely than Howe to ever manage Chelsea. There would be outrage/consternation at Stamford Bridge among fans and players if Howe were offered the job, rather than excitement and optimism if it was Frank. Of people managing in England, Lampard would be the favourite. But the hope is Chelsea would look abroad to the global array of "name" managers.

I hope the media haven’t started questioning him on the betting odds for the Chelsea job, it’s us the fans that build this nonsense up into a story. Lampard’s name will be mentioned with Chelsea every time they hit a bad patch or looking for a new manager, something we will have to get used to, be nice if we could keep our knickers untwisted.

1 minute ago, David said:

I hope the media haven’t started questioning him on the betting odds for the Chelsea job, it’s us the fans that build this nonsense up into a story. Lampard’s name will be mentioned with Chelsea every time they hit a bad patch or looking for a new manager, be nice if we could keep our knickers untwisted.

Not ruled out yet then.

Lets not have some sort of self fulfilling prophesy here.

No way will Chelsea go for him until at least 2 management cycles after Sarri. Then if he has shown he is good at coaching, can handle 300k/week prima donnas, clever in the foreign transfer markets then maybe. His big problem is he is not foreign!

6 minutes ago, Full Screw said:

Not ruled out yet then.

Nobody in their right mind would "rule out" such speculation, whether that speculation comes from fans, press, or bookies.

FL:  "I hereby rule myself out of the soon-to-be-vacant job at Chelsea"

CFC:  "We haven't sacked our manager yet, and even when we do, we won't be inviting Frank or any other rookies, come to that.  Frank is far too inexperienced for a club of our stature"

He'd make himself look very silly by ruling himself out of something he hasn't been invited to!

A bit like me saying I won't be going to next years Oscars ceremony!

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Nobody in their right mind would "rule out" such speculation, whether that speculation comes from fans, press, or bookies.

CFC:  "We haven't sacked our manager yet, and even when we do, we won't be inviting Frank or any other rookies, come to that.  Frank is far too inexperienced for a club of our stature"

He'd make himself look very silly by ruling himself out of something he hasn't been invited to!

For the record, I am categorically ruling out leaving my Mrs for Megan Fox.

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Frank gave the standard non comittal media response to the question that I would expect.

Admittedly is wasn’t a come and get me plea.  But neither was it a flat denial.

I wonder if Abramovich knows morse code. Perhaps Frank blinked a message. We’ll have to keep a close eye on him.

Just now, Full Screw said:

Frank gave the standard non comittal media response to the question that I would expect.

I wonder if Abramovich knows morse code. Perhaps Frank blinked a message. We’ll have to keep a close eye on him.

He's been learning the secret art is espionage from Marcelo Bielsa

3 minutes ago, Full Screw said:

I've only seen the twitter post above.  "FL on Chelsea".

What was the question?

1/  Have they approached you?

2/  Would you be interested if they approached you?

3/  Do you have any comments on the latest odds linking you with the potential job at Chelsea?

4/  Some other question?

What was he responding to?

Archived