Jump to content
Poynton ram

Lampard and the Chelsea job

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

Would it be wrong of me for wanting Chelsea to fail if he goes? 

Well, he’ll have his work cut out trying to prevent City and Liverpool taking the next title, he’ll have no Hazard and a possible transfer embargo to contend with as well. Personally I think they are behind Spurs as well so that leaves United, Arsenal and Chelsea for that fourth place. 

I think he’d be better off leaving taking over at Chelsea for a couple more years, not for our benefit so much as I think he’d be on a hiding to nothing down there at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I think he’d be better off leaving taking over at Chelsea for a couple more years, not for our benefit so much as I think he’d be on a hiding to nothing down there at this time.

Thing is there are no guarantees, it might be this time or never.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Well, he’ll have his work cut out trying to prevent City and Liverpool taking the next title, he’ll have no Hazard and a possible transfer embargo to contend with as well. Personally I think they are behind Spurs as well so that leaves United, Arsenal and Chelsea for that fourth place. 

I think he’d be better off leaving taking over at Chelsea for a couple more years, not for our benefit so much as I think he’d be on a hiding to nothing down there at this time.

Or flip that on its head, the expectations are so low based upon players leaving and having nothing to work with, he brings the younger players through and they exceed expectations.

He is then hailed as a genius, whereas if he doesn’t hit the mark and fans give him the extra time and the benefit of the doubt as he hasn’t had the funds to compete with the other so called big clubs...win win for him either way ?

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Or flip that on its head, the expectations are so low based upon players leaving and having nothing to work with, he brings the younger players through and they exceed expectations.

He is then hailed as a genius, whereas if he doesn’t hit the mark and fans give him the extra time and the benefit of the doubt as he hasn’t had the funds to compete with the other so called big clubs...win win for him either way ?

The fans are one thing, Abramovitch on the other hand is another, he’s given the bullet to managers who won stuff the previous season hasn’t he ?

Anyway, what will be will be. I’m off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire, night night. 👍 

Share this post


Link to post

With the media output relating to what is so far a non issue, the Chelsea board are obliged to offer him an interview due to supporters clamour .  Because of his association he would probably feel duty bound to interview if he want's the job or not . This would damage his link to our club -possibly the player's.   Were all doomed .   

It may be that Benetiz get's the job then it will be - Newcastle considering Lampard.  This will probably be a never ending merry go round - it was Brighton the other week .   The thing I find very distasteful in all this is the constant waffling on talksport and ex pro's like Ferdinand .

quick reminder to Chelsea fan's  A)  Were not a nursery club for managers to learn from errors before taking on a job as there manager  b)  you really aren't that big a club compared to us ,  Only fifteen years ago you had less title's than us .   Stop playing Billy big balls .

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

 Wouldn’t it be nice  if people waited for something to actually happen instead of all this pointless speculation?

My money is on B!lly D@vies going to Chelski 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, cannable said:

We have a ridiculous amount of Stans don’t we? 

‘I love you Frank, we coulda been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me’

Don't think you've thought this through.

Go a few lines on:-

'Got to go I'm almost at THE BRIDGE now'

There is all the evidence you need right there.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I wonder how Darren Waffle could do if he had another go.

+ Hopefully learned a lot from last time. 

+ Knows the young players well.

- Experience.

- Fans would not be as patient as they would be with an outsider.

NO THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I go out for six hours and come back and check on all thing rams and what do I find - absolutely nothing we have a manager and Chelsea have a manager but we do have 10 pages extra of bed wetting 

if he stays he stays if he goes he goes but myself and many others and Derby county will be here next season.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This is an issue for us. The longer Chelsea dig in their heels, the longer my uncertainty continues...

 

fifty.....

Share this post


Link to post

Not good news for us that this still isn’t over, but Chelsea are absolutely right to try and hold out for the full compensation. We’d do exactly the same in their situation, we didn’t want to lose our manager, he wants to leave, so cough up the compensation. Would be stupid to do anything else. Juve need to pay up, they knew what they were in for trying to get a manager who’s in contract with another club. Could really do with them getting their act together so this doesn’t drag on all summer. We all know sarris leaving so just get it done.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.