Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

So...let’s be honest...

Was the football Better under Lampard, Rowett Or under Mclarens first spell? (Yes Rowetts style was horrific)

You could also argue that results wise all three managers achieved similar finishes.

They all spent reasonable money, used loans.

what has since happened to McLaren and  Rowett? Both left for ‘bigger’ jobs... 

The point is, two mediocre managers achieved similar outcomes to Lampard. 

Puts it into perspective at least...

If Lampard does go, I would worry more for his career than our next season, recent history shows anyone who plays 11 players at Derby can get top 6!

McClaren didn't spend much at all. Never left for any club never mind a bigger club.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

McClaren didn't spend much at all. Never left for any club never mind a bigger club.

Also had a manager before him who had laid the foundations down over a long period. He didn’t have several managers that had brought in a host of players mismatched to different systems.

6 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Hilda has seen Frank driving a Pickford's removal van. He wa heading onta M1 j25 south..... Hilda sez his sat Nav wa set fer Big smoke.

Definitely a goner then.

Pickford's pack and drive yourself option has proved surprisingly popular, particularly amongst the multi millionaire clientele it was aimed at.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Also had a manager before him who had laid the foundations down over a long period. He didn’t have several managers that had brought in a host of players mismatched to different systems.

Which is what we need.

Stability. 

Its been over debated but for me Clough did an excellent job, as did McClaren. The biggest mistake mel made was sscking Steve the first time.

Too much change doesn't help 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Is the Chelsea hierarchy niave enough to let the media decide for them who their next Manager will be?  

Nope.  Quite the contrary they leak snippets of info to the press.  It's then up to readers to realise it is highly probable Frank is going to Chelsea 

No ambitious manager would turn down Chelsea to remain at Derby sadly.

Chelsea are bigger than Derby

If Chelsea think Franks ready, and Frank thinks he’s ready..... it’s a no brainer.

I’d say thanks Frank, been a a great season, have given us a bit of a feel again..... and we move on.

We will see what happens, enjoy whipping yourself a into a frenzy again (see nearly every managerial change since 2015)

You all know I’m right. I’ll say thanks for all my kudos now. 

23 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I wonder how Darren Waffle could do if he had another go.

+ Hopefully learned a lot from last time. 

+ Knows the young players well.

- Experience.

- Fans would not be as patient as they would be with an outsider.

21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Ok as long as we don't play Rotherham ?

Why did Shackell go nuts at him?

I thought Wassell did alright - home leg in the playoff aside. He was maybe undermined by bringing Harry in, but the footy was attack minded.

We have a ridiculous amount of Stans don’t we? 

‘I love you Frank, we coulda been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me’

1 minute ago, Shang said:

He's been right a few times so far, I've posted it mainly as wishful thinking.

I thought the only thing he got ''right'' was Marriott to Derby, in which he predicted it in the wrong window completely?

Archived