Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

54 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

The Nativity is funny on here. Chelsea have a transfer ban looming over there head, they need to blood youngsters and have offered Hudson Odi a bumper 5 year deal because they have to use the young talent they've got. The whole reason they have a ban is for tapping up young players. 

With Cech coming in it reeks of jobs for the old boys. Can't see anything other than Lampard taking over with Jody going in as assistant. 

I really hope this is sorted before Christmas 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Please can we shut this chappie up

What can we do instead? I know - the bounce.

49 minutes ago, David said:

I stand corrected. I’m sure I read that a CAS appeal would suspend the transfer window ban, didn’t realise they had to request that separate to the appeal. Odd though, you would think they they had grounds for an appeal they wouldn’t accept the summer window ban?

Say they win the appeal, they’ve lost out on what could be an important window for them. Can only assume they are chasing a lesser punishment, trying to accept a one window ban?

Yeah that's my reading of it. Get it out of the way this summer and then be free to buy in January.

The summer window is always considered more important so if they requested the ban be deferred it might be thought that a single January window ban wouldn't be sufficient punishment, so the two-window ban would be more likely to remain in place.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yeah that's my reading of it. Get it out of the way this summer and then be free to buy in January.

The summer window is always considered more important so if they requested the ban be deferred it might be thought that a single January window ban wouldn't be sufficient punishment, so the two-window ban would be more likely to remain in place.

not as though they are short of players...last count I read that they had 73 players on the books. - and 25 of them out on loan!!!

Look frank you started job and nearly pulled promation In first season in charge. I believe you our spail one I believe you are bring good times the grass is not greener on the otherside. Your football been joy to watch you need 4 to 5 new players to be contending top two places we have excelent youth set up and now in youth champion league set up. Look we are so close to something great happening please tell chelsea to go away and let you finnish the job started here.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look frank you started job and nearly pulled promation In first season in charge. I believe you our spail one I believe you are bring good times the grass is not greener on the otherside. Your football been joy to watch you need 4 to 5 new players to be contending top two places we have excelent youth set up and now in youth champion league set up. Look we are so close to something great happening please tell chelsea to go away and let you finnish the job started here.

Amen to that

I have recently watched Frank's media interview - he was VERY CLEAR - the result of the Play-Off Final didn't change his mind about his current job. Derby County is his club, and he has a 2 year contract with the club. There has been no communication with any other clubs about his future, and the only talks he has had has been with the club about how they can move the club forwards. He told us that we lose a number of players through loans ending and contracts expiring, and we can't compete with a squad of 13 players, we need a squad of 20 or more.

That is pretty clear to me - he is staying. If only Stevie Mac could have been this clear when the Newcastle rumours were flying around.

He doesn't have to worry about turning Chelsea down, because the job will come up again in 18 months to 2 years time. It always does. Even if he wins a truckload of trophies, he will be sacked after a couple of years anyway!

9 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I have recently watched Frank's media interview - he was VERY CLEAR - the result of the Play-Off Final didn't change his mind about his current job. Derby County is his club, and he has a 2 year contract with the club. There has been no communication with any other clubs about his future, and the only talks he has had has been with the club about how they can move the club forwards. He told us that we lose a number of players through loans ending and contracts expiring, and we can't compete with a squad of 13 players, we need a squad of 20 or more.

That is pretty clear to me - he is staying. If only Stevie Mac could have been this clear when the Newcastle rumours were flying around.

He doesn't have to worry about turning Chelsea down, because the job will come up again in 18 months to 2 years time. It always does. Even if he wins a truckload of trophies, he will be sacked after a couple of years anyway!

^^ exactly this, well said @DavesaRam

33 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Personally I think it's worrying if we need 4 or 5 players to be in contention for the top 2, especially given our perceived financial situation.

If that is the case and Chelsea came calling would you really expect him to stay here?

2 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

When he goes would you take rowett back? We scored more goals and finished higher. How about mac3 or even clough2 if the budget is reigned in?

I would rather cut off my hands and be made to watch 6 hours of an adult website than endure another season of Gary Rowett football.

If you are reading this Gary, you are a lovely man but your football is poo.

Archived