Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, David said:

They appealed against the ban yesterday to CAS, next week it’s likely to be put on hold whilst that goes through. 

Be interesting to see what CAS think of it, if they see it as an appeal just to delay it they can extend the ban to three transfer windows

22 minutes ago, Sean said:

Guardian article seems to have Frank behind Allegri, Nuno, Gracia and Blanc in the pecking order so even if Sarri goes back to Italy, I'm not worrying too much...

Yeah I'd 100% go for Nuno or Allegri if I was a Russian billionaire. Nuno probably if Allegri wants a year off. 

They can't go for Frank now, there's no call from the fans yet, everyone knows it's too soon for him. Nuno would be a popular and solid choice and a natural step up for him.

Frank's still cutting his teeth.

24 minutes ago, Sean said:

Guardian article seems to have Frank behind Allegri, Nuno, Gracia and Blanc in the pecking order so even if Sarri goes back to Italy, I'm not worrying too much...

Frank may be Chelsea fall back option if they don't get their top targets.

I'll relax once Chelsea have their new manager announced but I think both parties know its not ideal at this point.

41 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Frank may be Chelsea fall back option if they don't get their top targets.

I'll relax once Chelsea have their new manager announced but I think both parties know its not ideal at this point.

I think we all will, nobody wants this saga to drag on!

I'd be very surprised if many Chelsea fans want him at this stage.

Are people finally starting to realise that Chelsea aren't going to employ a Derby manager who finished 6th now. 

It was always extremely unlikely. I know Lee Grant went to Man United but it was less likely than that. 

Well played Sky though. They gave the story, people put bets on hence the odds became shorter and then a lot of late comers got in on the action too. 

Rookie Championship manager to Chelsea with a 43% win rate. How did it ever get going?

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I actually think the Nuno chap would do an excellent job there not that I actually care 

20 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Chelsea don’t usually make long term horizon decisions

and they need a proven winner to compete in the Champs league

I expect it will be Allegri or someone else with pedigree 

Someone with pedigree is more likely to help them winalot

The Nativity is funny on here. Chelsea have a transfer ban looming over there head, they need to blood youngsters and have offered Hudson Odi a bumper 5 year deal because they have to use the young talent they've got. The whole reason they have a ban is for tapping up young players. 

With Cech coming in it reeks of jobs for the old boys. Can't see anything other than Lampard taking over with Jody going in as assistant. 

15 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

The Nativity is funny on here. Chelsea have a transfer ban looming over there head, they need to blood youngsters and have offered Hudson Odi a bumper 5 year deal because they have to use the young talent they've got. The whole reason they have a ban is for tapping up young players. 

With Cech coming in it reeks of jobs for the old boys. Can't see anything other than Lampard taking over with Jody going in as assistant. 

A bit early for the nativity ?

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

This Chelsea transfer ban?  Isn’t it two transfer windows?

Thats this summer and jan next year, one season without buying a player.

Big wow, Spurs did it last year and got to the champions league final.

6 hours ago, David said:

They appealed against the ban yesterday to CAS, next week it’s likely to be put on hold whilst that goes through. 

6 hours ago, David said:

Which they can now try and replace this summer now that the ban will be put on hold.

Chelsea have not requested the transfer ban to be put on hold while the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) considers the case: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48553950

Also, it's "not possible" for the CAS to say when it will make its ruling.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Chelsea have not requested the transfer ban to be put on hold while the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) considers the case: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48553950

Also, it's "not possible" for the CAS to say when it will make its ruling.

I stand corrected. I’m sure I read that a CAS appeal would suspend the transfer window ban, didn’t realise they had to request that separate to the appeal. Odd though, you would think they they had grounds for an appeal they wouldn’t accept the summer window ban?

Say they win the appeal, they’ve lost out on what could be an important window for them. Can only assume they are chasing a lesser punishment, trying to accept a one window ban?

Archived