Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes, he goes. It’s no great tragedy.

We get a new manager every year, a new 3 year project to get behind, and 7-8 new signings every year anyway, don’t we? So it’ll be business as usual and as such, it’s hard to feel any sense of loss.

I like Frank and what’s he brought to the club and it’d be great to see him finish the job that he’s started and to see the club and its manager grow and progress together, but let’s be honest, it’s a fairytale, especially considering Frank’s profile and stature in the game.

The Chelsea link is sentimental and not for footballing reasons. Anyone who has followed Lampard’s time here would know that he is simply not ready to take on the Chelsea job.

Getting us to the play-off final after an inconsistent season hardly merits getting one of the most coveted jobs in modern day English football. But at the end of the day, if opportunity knocks, Frank is obviously going to answer.

The way I see it - life goes on, but it’ll be more sleepless nights for us anyway.

If we are not losing sleep over the ‘Will he, won’t he?’ nature of Frank’s departure, we’ll certainly be losing sleep when Mel is tasked with hiring the replacement.

I generally agree - but am less sure than the days of buying 7-8 new players remain for us. 

I'd add to your comment about this season that I think the 3 loanees were the best set that we have had for a long time and that our squad was top 3 quality as a result of their inclusion. 

I just want Frank to stay and I think he has a good measure of decency and honesty in him. Obviously that could be totally wrong, but from what I hear from him and from his actions after over a year with the club I just get a good vibe from him.

We're not going to get anywhere if we just keep going through managers. I look to Norwich and others in the past even recently, who have had a season under the same manager and stayed in the Championship but by sticking with their staff have by a following season gone up. 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

That video of Jody Morris with the music on where he put in Derby kit last week has vanished 

Isn't that because it was on his Instagram Story, rather than his main feed? That stuffs all temporary, I thought.

SOURCES: CHELSEA TO ALLOW SARRI EXIT

Maurizio Sarri will be allowed to leave Chelsea next week to join Juventus, Sky Sports News understands.

Sarri has told Chelsea he wants to return to Italy after just one season in England, and Chelsea have said they will not stand in his way.

Sarri never felt comfortable living and working in England and was frustrated that he did not have a close relationship with the decision makers at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea had no plans to sack Sarri – who has one year left on his contract with the option of another year - this summer, but they do not want to keep someone who is unhappy.

Sarri feels he can leave with his head held high after winning the Europa League – the first honour of his managerial career - and qualifying for the Champions League.

2 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

SOURCES: CHELSEA TO ALLOW SARRI EXIT

Maurizio Sarri will be allowed to leave Chelsea next week to join Juventus, Sky Sports News understands.

Sarri has told Chelsea he wants to return to Italy after just one season in England, and Chelsea have said they will not stand in his way.

Sarri never felt comfortable living and working in England and was frustrated that he did not have a close relationship with the decision makers at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea had no plans to sack Sarri – who has one year left on his contract with the option of another year - this summer, but they do not want to keep someone who is unhappy.

Sarri feels he can leave with his head held high after winning the Europa League – the first honour of his managerial career - and qualifying for the Champions League.

the brainiac scream GIF

This Chelsea transfer ban?  Isn’t it two transfer windows?

Thats this summer and jan next year, one season without buying a player.

Big wow, Spurs did it last year and got to the champions league final.

(not sure if they bought in jan, but you know what I mean)

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

This Chelsea transfer ban?  Isn’t it two transfer windows?

Thats this summer and jan next year, one season without buying a player.

Big wow, Spurs did it last year and got to the champions league final.

(not sure if they bought in jan, but you know what I mean)

They appealed against the ban yesterday to CAS, next week it’s likely to be put on hold whilst that goes through. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

They appealed against the ban yesterday to CAS, next week it’s likely to be put on hold whilst that goes through. 

Yes,yes. But it’s hardly a massive problem, it’s not like they’ve lost their star player or owt.  Oh wait...

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Yes,yes. But it’s hardly a massive problem, it’s not like they’ve lost their star player or owt.  Oh wait...

Which they can now try and replace this summer now that the ban will be put on hold.

On 05/06/2019 at 10:48, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Good point well made with regards to our finances and the papers being all over it, wasn't too long ago they were reporting we were losing 3 million a month and were looking at a points deduction, 1 week later we post a profit of 14 million.

But wasn't it shown that we are losing around £3m a month?

The profit was purely because of a paper transaction. 

Archived