Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Derbyshire Live understands the Rams are not talking to or checking on other managers, and that Lampard is pushing on with plans for next season at Derby.

He has already held meetings with chairman Mel Morris and chief executive Stephen Pearce as the club puts plans in place to challenge in 2019-20 after narrowly missing out on promotion.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-know-lee-bowyer-Derby-2942951

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just hearing Man City have put a bid in for Martyn Waghorn.

I can't reveal my source as it's somebody very close to the Moor Farm. Acorn Way actually 

Ask yourself if the richest club in Europe with the ability to buy any centre forward of choice would want a steady Championship player to play for them!

2 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Ask yourself if the richest club in Europe with the ability to buy any centre forward of choice would want a steady Championship player to play for them!

It's definitely happening. I heard it from a trusted source as well. 

Apparently Waghorn and Guardiola are distantly related, or someone is marrying into the other's family, I'm not sure. So he probably wont play but payday!

2 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I asked myself the question, but as per normal, I stopped listening half way through and started thinking of something else. Bloody hate it when that happens. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's definitely happening. I heard it from a trusted source as well. 

Apparently Waghorn and Guardiola are distantly related, or someone is marrying into the other's family, I'm not sure. So he probably wont play but payday!

The same source told me it's all linked to Man City using clever accounting practices to avoid FFP ?

6 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I can also confirm what @Alpha and @SaintRam have heard. I can’t reveal my sources but this 100% going to happen. Just waiting for everyone to return from holiday. But I’ve been told the contract is ATOL protected. 

1 hour ago, PrivateDerby said:

Frank is still on holiday abroad, he wants to stay at Derby and is enjoying it. I believe it as it's from someone I trust and has spoken to him recently.  

I can't see him going Chelsea or them wanting him yet. 

Not so,he’s just got off the train from London to Derby together with Jody Morris about one hour ago.

Just you wait and see - Chelsea will appoint new manager but only on a year’s contract so that Frank can get another years experience! Well, according to one of the sources itk! Then we can spend a whole year fretting- it’s what we do best! ??

39 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I can also confirm what @Alpha and @SaintRam have heard. I can’t reveal my sources but this 100% going to happen. Just waiting for everyone to return from holiday. But I’ve been told the contract is ATOL protected. 

I'd heard that we were looking to sign Connor Doyle as a replacement for 2 million, it looks like Doyle has finally started to realise his potential after scoring 2 goals in 10 games for Chattanooga Red Wolves. At 27 we would be getting his best years too.

5 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

Whilst on his holiday Frank went fishing and caught a great whacking big salmon and it gave him an idea, told Christine he was going to bring him back to Derby. Terms to be agreed shortly. ITK

Do you think Frank was trying to connor.

Think about it

2 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Well I want a 50 page thread on ridiculous gossip like this one.

I do hope we have news soon.  I currently have two t-shirts sitting in my Amazon checkout basket.  I am hoping I can buy the ‘l Love ❤️ Lamps’ version, but I have increasing concerns that I will be sunning myself in the ‘duck-off Fat Frank’ version come July.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Derbyshire Live understands the Rams are not talking to or checking on other managers, and that Lampard is pushing on with plans for next season at Derby.

He has already held meetings with chairman Mel Morris and chief executive Stephen Pearce as the club puts plans in place to challenge in 2019-20 after narrowly missing out on promotion.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-know-lee-bowyer-Derby-2942951

But the bookies said..

20 hours ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Not sure why there's 48 pages on this. Chelsea have a manager, and it shouldn't really concern us until they don't, and even then, I suspect there's a few ahead of Frank in the list.

I went on the main Chelsea Forum to look. There's hardly any discussion on the manager at the moment. Far less than on here! Couldn't see any mention at all of Lampard in the most recent few pages. The Bowyer link is made up his agent because he's trying to negotiate a new contract at Charlton.

However, as the cat's out of the bag I can confirm the Waghorn to Man City story as it's the least implausible thing about this thread.

Archived