Poynton ram

Lampard and the Chelsea job

David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Message added by David

Posted (edited)

Aussie potatoes?

i assumed that australia was a dry arid country populated by dingos and kangeroos. I wouldn't have thought you could grow potatoes there. I would have assumed they all had to be shipped in. Same as all the other veg. 

Edited by RamNut

What's the name of that bird that pushes other birds out their nest and makes it their own?

Coc-u Coc-u

When one of Chelsea's most valuable assets slams Lampard for inexperience and Frank drops him....whose side do you think the club will be on? Kepa anyone?

Chelsea messed around all last summer getting rid of Conte and bringing in Sarri. This left the new manager with little time to implement his radical new methods on the squad, methods I assume the board were well behind during the interview process. He also had little time to bring in players for his new style.

He still managed to win the Euro League and finish 3rd, despite regular abuse from the moronic supporters. Loved how the club finally seemed to want him by the end, until he told them where to go.

They have also lost their best player by a mile and can't replace him due to breaking rules. How do the poorly performing board and their chief crook owner try and placate the fans? With club legend Frank Lampard!

They'll never turn on Frank. Will they?

4 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

What do you buy at the Fish and Chip Shop?  Hot crisps or hot chips?   Have a think......and let us know 🙂 

Usually a serve of fish and chips even though more and more are calling them fries. Your crisps are just called a bag of chips.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Aussie potatoes?

i assumed that australia was a dry arid country populated by dingos and kangeroos. I wouldn't have thought you could grow potatoes there. I would have assumed they all had to be shipped in. Same as all the other veg. 

They’re usually grown down south in Victoria where it can be as cold and miserable as over there. Up here in gods country our fruit and veg is supplied all over oz and Asia. The little town I come from has some of the worlds largest citrus and avacado farms in the world. Up here in Qld our annual rainfall would dwarf anything you get. Tully averages 4000 mm per year (160inches).

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know this, thats why I wonder what difference it makes between 18-19 & 19-20?

I know FFP has been done to death & the 3yr cycle etc etc but in terms of this deal I dont see why we would need/want it to be on year laters accounts

Because if I remember rightly 16-17 was a big minus, also Mel is probably gambling that promotion some time soon and the later you delay it the better,.

So Frank is now one of a number of people on a list. So he pops over, has an interview and then ........doesn't get the job and returns to Derby and every thing returns to what to was before........ I think not. 

If he doesn't go to Chelsea and comes back  to us , Chelsea really will have destabilised the club.  

I hope that one day we return the favour, Does Frank really know what he’s getting himself into 

10 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Take your horse and take your standards................

Even the  BBC have blocked me from seeing it LOL!

Owd Miner did you let Hilda out fer day.

Posted (edited)

Maybe they have been waiting to interview Benitez, who is now a free agent. 

I agree that if Frank returns with his tail between his legs, his credibility will have taken a big knock. 

Edited by Rambam

5 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

So Frank is now one of a number of people on a list. So he pops over, has an interview and then ........doesn't get the job and returns to Derby and every thing returns to what to was before........ I think not. 

If he doesn't go to Chelsea and comes back  to us , Chelsea really will have destabilised the club.  

I hope that one day we return the favour, Does Frank really know what he’s getting himself into 

Isn't that the way recruitment often works? A number of candidates will be interviewed but only one will get the job. The others have to return to their previous jobs. The only difference here is the hype whipped up by the media and ex Chelsea players (not Chelsea I believe so I'm not sure we can blame them too much).

I still think Frank will go but, if he doesn't, like the rest of us after an unsuccessful job interview, it will take him a few days to get over the disappointment but then he'll re-focus and crack on. 

3 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Maybe they have been waiting to interview Benitez, who is now a free agent. 

I agree that if Frank returns with his tail between his legs, his credibility will have taken a big knock. 

Maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing and the whole experience would bring him back down to earth (assuming he left it). 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Isn't that the way recruitment often works? A number of candidates will be interviewed but only one will get the job. The others have to return to their previous jobs. The only difference here is the hype whipped up by the media and ex Chelsea players (not Chelsea I believe so I'm not sure we can blame them too much).

I still think Frank will go but, if he doesn't, like the rest of us after an unsuccessful job interview, it will take him a few days to get over the disappointment but then he'll re-focus and crack on. 

Has he really got any choice in the matter? 

He can hardly sulk in the corner! 

Edited by Rambam

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s not really the same thing as you and I going for a job interview, i don’t know about you but I wouldn’t be opening in the press and have built up a rapport with my employer that will change if I don’t get the new job.

We don’t know what’s going on in the background, whether a decision has been made either way. I think though, if it is as it seems, Frank has interviewed but Chelsea are still ducking around if I were him I’d probably be saying “thanks for the opportunity, but as my club is now back in preseason season I feel I have to rule myself out”. If he has any loyalty to Mel and the club you wouldn’t let an opportunity adversely affect your current employer to the level it potentially could. If he is going, then an announcement today would be useful. If it drags on until the end of the week it would certainly make me question Franks integrity and loyalty...and I’m a self confessed happy clapper! 

Perhaps what Peter Chech said is more interesting than first thought.

Lampard has been interviewed but not yet got the job.

Have others now been interviewed and perhaps they want more experience.

Is Rafa the man they are now looking at perhaps they think they need more experience and with a transfer embargo in place perhaps Frank at this stage is not the man.

It has gone very quiet and even ex players are not really saying that much it's all very strange???

Amazing how the comments by Cech can be taken in different ways.

I initially took it that there are other candidates out there and Chelsea may not even want Frank.

I read on here yesterday that he was just showing a bit of class and respect by not talking with much certainty about another team's manager (this is now my thought too)

Then this morning a bloke at work surprised me by saying he reckons the comments show Chelsea are taking the mick and have the arrogance to think they can just have him when they want at a time to suit them!!!!!