Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 hour ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

At risk of causing mass suicide within the Fraternity, FFP is based on a three year rolling calculation.

I know this, thats why I wonder what difference it makes between 18-19 & 19-20?

I know FFP has been done to death & the 3yr cycle etc etc but in terms of this deal I dont see why we would need/want it to be on year laters accounts

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know this, thats why I wonder what difference it makes between 18-19 & 19-20?

I know FFP has been done to death & the 3yr cycle etc etc but in terms of this deal I dont see why we would need/want it to be on year laters accounts

I suppose there could be some logic to the fact that if the £4m is in 2019/20 then it still counts until 21/22, rather than expiriring 20/21. I highly doubt we're thinking that far ahead though ?

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I suppose there could be some logic to the fact that if the £4m is in 2019/20 then it still counts until 21/22, rather than expiriring 20/21. I highly doubt we're thinking that far ahead though ?

Thats what I was thinking, I couldnt really see any benefit or reason for us to purposely hold this off until july 1st

21 minutes ago, Carnero said:

All they would need to do is stall the payment date, not necessarily the announcement.  

1 hour ago, David said:

Does sound very much like Petr Cech will be babysitting, taking notes and reporting back to the parents. 

Very strange for a player that has only just retired this summer, it's a role you would expect someone more experienced, been around the block and a wardrobe of t shirts.

Comes across as a bit fantasy football, fill the building with legends, they know they club, what it means to the fans. Now that's all well and good, but knowing the club isn't enough.

I honestly think it has disaster written all over it, that's not being bitter if Frank was to leave us, I really do wish him well, but this legends thing and the experience they all have it's too soon. 

@loweman2 is a shoe in.

Italian leather brogues obviously, match worn ?

On 29/06/2019 at 20:06, Carl Sagan said:

Cannot for the life of me see the appeal of Darren Moore. Had far and away the best squad in the Championship last season and didn't deliver and was sacked because of it. Very surprised if we sign King as I can't see why we would want to - just a blockage on the youth coming through. Know nothing about Willis. Was really hoping we'd buy Pinnock (or Tomori!) if we were going for a centre half.

And yes I'm miserable at the thought that Frank may be leaving and in a bad mood - but especially if it's back to this.

Indeed. Big Dave doesn’t really tick the boxes that MM talked about on TalkSport so by logic alone, it cannot be true. 

I also suspect that whatever the decision is that FL makes, it will have been made after a very difficult and long deliberation. Finish the job at Derby or go back to Chelsea? I think it’s on a knife edge...head versus heart...and it wouldn’t surprise me if FL does indeed sign an extension. Being objective that would be the correct decision because all this “the chance may not come again” is Horlicks. FL is 41 and has the rest of his life to go back to Chelsea but needs to get proper closure on his first job. 

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Wonder what temperature her crisps and chocolate are in her dressing room

She’s an Aussie so the chocolate will be in the fridge and the crisps will be as far away from the fridge as you can get. For the record we call them chips not crisps.

6 hours ago, Archied said:

I wonder if the hold up is lampard wanting to tell the players of his decision ,say his thanks and goodbyes to them personally then announce it to the media?

Oi! Roman you multi billionaire oligarch and all round hard case with dodgy contacts, don't think you're going to announce me as new coach of my dream club before I've had the chance to say ta ta to Keysey and the boys

13 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

She’s an Aussie so the chocolate will be in the fridge and the crisps will be as far away from the fridge as you can get. For the record we call them chips not crisps.

So what do you call chips ?

Returning legend or not, if I was Frank I'd be having serious doubts about going to Chelsea.

I'm sure he has confidence in his own ability to become a great manager but, relative inexperience aside, Chelsea is not a pleasant place for anyone to manage.... Talk about interference. It seems transfers (when they're allowed) aren't determined by the manager, even team selection can be dictated (eg. Shevchenko).

I'm sure Frank is the kind of control freak who would prefer the freedom to operate with the control that he's had at Derby.

Your playing career is over Frank.

Become a managerial legend at a different club...Derby County.

20 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

What do you buy at the Fish and Chip Shop?  Hot crisps or hot chips?   Have a think......and let us know ? 

Archived