Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Archied said:

I wonder if the hold up is lampard wanting to tell the players of his decision ,say his thanks and goodbyes to them personally then announce it to the media?

Seems likely, I reckon tomorrow is the day we finally find out what is happening. Frank will be at moor farm tomorrow, a few photos will be released showing this. That's what I expect anyway.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Let's get Cocu in so we finish 6th and have to put up with Barcelona chasing him all summer?

No thanks.

Norm If somebody said we would finish in the play-offs next season but there was a chance we would lose the manager I would take it all day long.

If you reach that full Cech interview, you'll see he's being very diplomatic and professional. It wouldn't be professional of him to hint at an incoming manager being already done and dusted if the club aren't ready to announce it.

Interesting to see him say they want it sorted before players come back. I believe, for them, that's this Wednesday?

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

The hold up is July 1st being new financial year in footy terms so the 4 mill counts towards next year ! .

All be done and dusted tomoz and prob our manager will be as well 

Read back a couple of pages, nowt to do with it.

42 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

The hold up is July 1st being new financial year in footy terms so the 4 mill counts towards next year ! .

All be done and dusted tomoz and prob our manager will be as well 

Tripe.

Some quotes from Petr Cech talking to the Czech media which I have translated.

"I am one of the articles that the coach has to choose from. I could consult all the candidates with the leadership, they know my ideas. The club has identified some of the coaches they are dealing with. The situation is open, Frank is one of the candidates. the first team will start the preparation, by that time we would like to solve the coach's question"

"When I decide I want something to work in some way, I have to go to the club management first to allow it. It's right, I'm new to the role. But I have enough possibilities to influence the club, which is a great responsibility and I like it for her"

"My job description is to look at the first team, the academy, the transfer policy, the data from the trainings. Everything hides under performance. The range is broad, occupying all the disciplines that belong to football. My job is to report and especially bring ideas I know that I have a lot of work to do, but I am looking forward to seeing that I have already worked in the club, "said the player with the most starts in the Czech national team."

"The first thing is to choose a coach, it will affect the next job. The coach will have his ideas. We will collect a cadre for the following season. The club will probably have a ban on transfers, we will have to take from our sources. The idea is that I will be with the first team to have the opportunity to watch the development of the preparations, and we will also have a tour in Japan, where we will play with Barcelona”

https://www.ceskenoviny.cz/zpravy/cech-z-nove-role-neni-nervozni-pomaha-vybirat-trenera-chelsea/1773227

Bit in bold is encouraging, expect it will be concluded either way in the next 48 days.

I keep reading contradictory comments on FFP and most appear to be based on pure conjecture.Is there anyone on this forum ( I vaguely seem to remember there was one such person) who can actually confirm that a compensation package actually goes towards FFP calculations??

19 hours ago, loweman2 said:

George Thorne could and should have been the new messiah!

The man that captained us to the premier league but sadly it all went so wrong !

He could have been bigger than Jesus Christ himself !

Might be bigger than Kenny Burns soon.

Archived