Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, David said:

the line was shown, what was acceptable, what wasn’t

Acceptable legally, or in terms of Mel's PR?

If the latter, then the forum can't be a place for open discussion, surely?

45 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Which leads to the obvious question....then what is it about?

You’d of thought it would have been very straightforward once talks were underway. If it’s not for any of the reasons above then surely it can only be that frank isn’t convinced it’s the right time? Not sure what the snags would be otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, Ramos said:

You’d of thought it would have been very straightforward once talks were underway. If it’s not for any of the reasons above then surely it can only be that frank isn’t convinced it’s the right time? Not sure what the snags would be otherwise. 

Well if not concluded tomorrow but he doesn't show up to work at Moor Farm, then I think many supporters will start to feel very let down by Frank. No one wants to stand in the way of his ambitions and his ties to Chelsea are known to be strong, we get all that, but there has to be limits. I think Mel has handled this brilliantly, but perhaps a line in the sand is needed to say sort by this day/time or back to work and permission to talk is withdrawn.

5 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Well if not concluded tomorrow but he doesn't show up to work at Moor Farm, then I think many supporters will start to feel very let down by Frank. No one wants to stand in the way of his ambitions and his ties to Chelsea are known to be strong, we get all that, but there has to be limits. I think Mel has handled this brilliantly, but perhaps a line in the sand is needed to say sort by this day/time or back to work and permission to talk is withdrawn.

I agree, by the middle of this week it has to be sorted one way or another. No other manager would have been given this much time and understanding to make a decision about leaving the club but because of who he is, it’s afforded him time. I actually don’t think there’s been anything like this that I can remember, usually once a club grants permission you see the manager join said club within 48 hours. Fingers crossed after this week we can move forward as a club. 

Just now, Ramos said:

I agree, by the middle of this week it has to be sorted one way or another. No other manager would have been given this much time and understanding to make a decision about leaving the club but because who he is, it’d afforded him time. I actually don’t think there’s been anything like this that I can remember, usually once a club grants permission you see the manager join said club within 48 hours. Fingers crossed after this week we can move forward as a club. 

I think Chelsea players are back on the 3rd of July so you'd think it would have to be done by then? 

In saying that, didn't they mess around the Sarri appointment so long that he didn't get a full preseason?

33 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Could be that Chelsea aren’t convinced it’s the right time or are speaking to Benítez or Cocu however unlikely that may be. 

3 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Could be that Chelsea aren’t convinced it’s the right time or are speaking to Benítez or Cocu however unlikely that may be. 

They might give Benitez a season or 2 at their place until time is right for Frank.

The reason why it is taking so long to announce King Philip is because Mel is still devising a strategy to capitalise on the interest.

Some possibilities include:

-Orange third kit

-A free shot of cocu-nut milk for every home fan at the Swansea game

-Pop up stalls outside the ground selling Dutch stew and fries with mayo

-Cocu’s Chocolate Orange to be the new official club sweet

I close my eyes and I can easily imagine Mel presenting the mood board to Stephen Pearce.

?

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I honestly would be amazed if Lampard is at Moor Farm tomorrow.

I wonder if the hold up is lampard wanting to tell the players of his decision ,say his thanks and goodbyes to them personally then announce it to the media?

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

I wonder if the hold up is lampard wanting to tell the players of his decision ,say his thanks and goodbyes to them personally then announce it to the media?

Just what I thought 

Is this an elaborate game of chicken? Chelsea happy to keep us dangling, knowing that we’ll have to sort a contingency if we think our managers (and back room teams) mind is not 100% focussed on the job for us - maybe they figure we’ll blink first and let them go without the compo so that we can get our affairs in order whilst preferred candidates are available. Would be a crappy way to treat us, but that would be on Chelsea and no-one else.

Archived