Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

7 minutes ago, Jonesy90 said:

Someone like Cocu would install that injection of positivity back into Derby, and arguably, would play a similar style of football.

Always treat Dutch managers with caution, however. Frank de Boer at Crystal Palace didn’t go down too well...

Dutch football produces great coaches, he would need a Director of football, or an equivalent.

Did someone say championshleeg?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Rample said:

I could get behind that.  Out of work since October after a dodgy spell in Turkey and may be looking to rebuild his reputation (although I think he has more to lose than us.) 

A few blips but will focus on the 2 Dutch titles and cup success, a 65% win ratio at PSV and a real emphasis on promoting youngsters - Memphis Depay was one of his successes. Assistant manager to world cup runners up in 2010.

Left Fenerbahce after a few months of this season, but cited lack of resources for only 2 league wins, and his successor didn't do much better.

Only question here is, looking at the link with Gio VB yesterday, that makes a bit more sense to me as he is more clued up on the English game. 

He won 3 titles. 

1 hour ago, Jonesy90 said:

The fact he’s come in over the weekend to plan for pre season has been spun as a negative, because the move to Chelsea is dragging on.

Spin it the other way. Here’s a man who feels guilty about the situation and is coming into work and put us right for pre season regardless of his move in a couple of days time.

That is literally his job that he is still contracted to do. I don't think he deserves praise for doing what he is being paid to do.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

That is much more like it, probably unrealistic but would be a bloody good appointment.

It would be a bloody awesome appointment! Track record for bringing through youth, plays 4-3-3 has that elite player winning mentality like Lamps but actually has experience and success as a manager!

I

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It would be a bloody awesome appointment! Track record for bringing through youth, plays 4-3-3 has that elite player winning mentality like Lamps but actually has experience and success as a manager!

I

I would be buzzing for Lamps to Chelsea if it meant we got Cocu afterwards, it's the only name recently we've been linked to that actually excites me.

8 hours ago, David said:

It’s a difficult question to answer, like you, I wouldn’t expect a forum admin to have access to the clubs owner, but I do and it’s a privileged position to be in.

I guess how goes back to when Mel took over and a post was made on the forum which was out of line, libellous, contact was made, I was invited along with several members down to Moor Farm to meet with him to clear the air.

During the meeting the line was shown, what was acceptable, what wasn’t. That day I was told any questions, worries or concerns the fans had on the forum to get in touch and he would quite happily clear anything up if he could.

True to his word Mel has done this, but I must stress it’s very rare I reach out. It would be easy to abuse demanding to know where the signings are, why we sold X or when the away kit is to be released.

Thank you for explaining that @David.

That being the case, it's brilliant by both Mel and yourself. Fantastic.

On the call the other day, a Newcastle fan rang in to say how refreshing Mel's approach is... He's right. We're lucky.

Thank you David.

12 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I

If you were a Chelsea fan, you would probably take him over our/their Frank!

That will do nicely.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I would be buzzing for Lamps to Chelsea if it meant we got Cocu afterwards, it's the only name recently we've been linked to that actually excites me.

Likewise, first name that I would actually PREFER to Lamps. Will he spend shed loads in a Duffield pub though?

21 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

On the call the other day, a Newcastle fan rang in to say how refreshing Mel's approach is... He's right. We're lucky.

Was talking to a Brighton fan at work yesterday who said something similar and how good of a chairman he comes across.

its a great credit to him after “the Derby way” stuff and let’s be honest some decisions he probably got wrong, that he has learnt and got better at the role and is now creating a bit of a reputation for himself.

1 hour ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

I’d expect to enjoy at least 5 or 6 games of any season

The point I originally made was about why OTHER folk were concerned about the Lampard situation, not why YOU are not. 

Never mind eh. If you don't understand after the 355 pages you've been moaning about yet have been quite keen to contribute to (doesn't mean you have to agree with them btw) then it's pretty clear you never will.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

For me it’s the other way round ,I believe lampard would find it easier to leave having achieved promotion ( no basis to believe he is finding it hard decision to leave ) ,he would have done the job of getting us up and closed the chapter very tidily, 

This, job not done maybe the driver to stay .

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Was talking to a Brighton fan at work yesterday who said something similar and how good of a chairman he comes across.

its a great credit to him after “the Derby way” stuff and let’s be honest some decisions he probably got wrong, that he has learnt and got better at the role and is now creating a bit of a reputation for himself. 

One day, Frank might learn (to his cost) that it's the Chairman's love which counts, and not the fans' or even the players'.

Derby is coming across as a much better club to work for than Chelsea or many other clubs with their distant foreign owners.

It all starts at the very top, especially when the Chairman is also the Owner and effectively the Manager's boss and a Fan who lives nearby.  Communication is crucial and Derby's Board structure cannot be beaten in this respect.

And our Chairman has evolved into a top football man.

Well done, Mel.

Well, if it were going to be announced tomorrow I would expect there to be a bit more noise from the resident know-it-all’s on Sky and Talksport (particularly when you consider the non-stop ‘it will be done in 48 hours’ drivel they’ve been coming out with).  Gone deathly quiet.  

Still expect it to happen, but the lack of ‘noise’ around it is making me irrationally think that Frank might stay and - when it is announced- the disappointment will be that little bit greater.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

That is literally his job that he is still contracted to do. I don't think he deserves praise for doing what he is being paid to do.

I wasn’t fishing for praise on his behalf, I just think we need to find a balance in the media we consume. Many construed the fact he came back to pre season as a bad thing. 

It shouldn’t be a good thing either, just a neutral thing!

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Well, if it were going to be announced tomorrow I would expect there to be a bit more noise from the resident know-it-all’s on Sky and Talksport (particularly when you consider the non-stop ‘it will be done in 48 hours’ drivel they’ve been coming out with).  Gone deathly quiet.  

Still expect it to happen, but the lack of ‘noise’ around it is making me irrationally think that Frank might stay and - when it is announced- the disappointment will be that little bit greater.

Yes I don’t tend to comment much on the media tittle tattle, other than for a good laugh!

However it has all gone quiet which is very strange, a couple of weeks ago they were all telling us his wage length of contract, buyout fee, etc, etc.

Now hardly anything.......clearly some cards are being kept very close to chests, but maybe things aren’t panning out as the media planned.

Archived