Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

This thread had turned into a classic example of binary thinking.

Some people think Franks is snake-like.

Whereas others see him more as an ambitious cute puppy dog digging up a T-Rex  bone and showing ambition. And that anybody else would do the same in the same circumstances.

The reality is nobody on this board has a clue what's gone into all this.

Frank = snake if, he has gone behind Mel's back, been talking with Chelsea all the time and kept the club utterly in the dark before the official request from Chelsea.

Frank = ambitious cute puppy dog digging up a bone, if,Mel has been fully informed and been able to start working behind the scenes to get a replacement. 

If it's the latter than I agree with the analogy @TibshelfRam used 100%.

Now, whether it's the smartest move by Frank and/or Chelsea is another matter entirely. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Again apologies if this has been posted ,interesting take [although it is the Star]

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/787872/Next-Chelsea-boss-Frank-Lampard-Derby-latest

Just when I thought this whole saga couldn't get any more weird, I find myself agreeing with something written in The Star.........we are through the looking glass here people!!

giphy (4).gif

Once Chelsea were given permission to talk to our manager. They should have concluded their negotiations as quick as possible. Thus giving us time to find a replacement before our players reported for training.

How long goes it take for Chelsea's owner to ask Lampard if he wants the job and for  him to say yes.

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Once Chelsea were given permission to talk to our manager. They should have concluded their negotiations as quick as possible. Thus giving us time to find a replacement before our players reported for training.

How long goes it take for Chelsea's owner to ask Lampard if he wants the job and for  him to say yes.

Have they even approached us?

That fookin Marina grannywotsit CEO is a tough cookie. Mel ought to headhunt her. 

The a52 would be finished, bergkamp appointed, and all signings done and dusted in a jiffy.

54 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The handful of people who state they wouldn't leave their current employ out of loyalty even if offered a significant pay rise are either liars or just better people than i am. 

I wouldn't.  But then I retired 5 years ago and Mrs Ilkley wouldn't let me.

What's that dear? I'm on it.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

This thread had turned into a classic example of binary thinking.

Some people think Franks is snake-like.

Whereas others see him more as an ambitious cute puppy dog digging up a T-Rex  bone and showing ambition. And that anybody else would do the same in the same circumstances.

The reality is nobody on this board has a clue what's gone into all this.

Frank = snake if, he has gone behind Mel's back, been talking with Chelsea all the time and kept the club utterly in the dark before the official request from Chelsea.

Frank = ambitious cute puppy dog digging up a bone, if,Mel has been fully informed and been able to start working behind the scenes to get a replacement. 

If it's the latter than I agree with the analogy @TibshelfRam used 100%.

Now, whether it's the smartest move by Frank and/or Chelsea is another matter entirely. 

The bloke is a badge kisser , also he was fully aware of the speculation BEFORE the Wembley final and fully aware that if they came In for him he is off but gives it the this is my club ,I have two years left Yada yada yada ,

had a feeling that he had a bit more about him than the usual badge kissers , turns out not ,, no biggy, move on, coyr

anybody that wants to see him with a bit more fondness it’s up to you , you pays your money you takes your pick

33 minutes ago, Archied said:

The bloke is a badge kisser , also he was fully aware of the speculation BEFORE the Wembley final and fully aware that if they came In for him he is off but gives it the this is my club ,I have two years left Yada yada yada ,

had a feeling that he had a bit more about him than the usual badge kissers , turns out not ,, no biggy, move on, coyr

anybody that wants to see him with a bit more fondness it’s up to you , you pays your money you takes your pick

I'm not sure what you expected him to do when speculation arose other than to say he was Derby's manager.

As for the badge-kisser insult, well I presume it was an insult, I have seen plenty of Derby players do that. In fact Mason Bennett did it this season, is he now not allowed to play anywhere else?

I'm trying to look at this rationally, you're looking at it emotionally.

10 hours ago, Jourdan said:

People saying that Lampard should be applauded for bringing the club together and creating a good atmosphere and a sense of unity at the club, but surely all those efforts have now been undone and rendered null and void?

If the fans are feeling let down and like they are going through a break up that is hard to take, can you imagine how the players and the staff must be feeling?

They were probably more invested in Frank than we were and they were made to feel they were part of something special and meaningful, only to now realise in actuality that it all meant very little.

The disappointment of losing at Wembley will have been enough. It would have been easier to shake off any potential Wembley hangover knowing Frank was still steering the ship and ready to go again.

But now knowing the manager isn’t going to stick around and help the lads bounce back and get over the line must be doubly painful.

I imagine they will be hurting even more than we are right now, and the new manager will have some work to do to lift spirits, win players over, and pick morale up off the floor.

The timing of this is really very damaging.

What I find wryly amusing is how our fans are hurt because they thought Lampard 'loved' the club and had a special relationship with it because he bounced with them after a win. Bless them.

Based on that Conor Sammon just has to get a Ram tattoo and he'll get voted into our all-time 11.

33 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm not sure what you expected him to do when speculation arose other than to say he was Derby's manager.

As for the badge-kisser insult, well I presume it was an insult, I have seen plenty of Derby players do that. In fact Mason Bennett did it this season, is he now not allowed to play anywhere else?

I'm trying to look at this rationally, you're looking at it emotionally.

Nope not an insult just a truthful observation, think you will find I fall somewhere in the middle regards thoughts on lampard spectrum,

like most things I use rationality and emotion to reach an opinion I find it tends to give better balanced outcome 

but as I say happy for anybody to reach their own opinion which sits right with them 

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Take this ‘like’ by Jody Morris to fuel your personal opinions, hopes, fears, dreams etc. 

F7BA7566-5FE8-4675-ACDD-F505849AA61F.png

No but Chelsea do .  That could be affected should Morris have spoke out of turn before this was move was sealed .  Say something wrong and it would have given Lampard the chance to head off with no compo.  He seemed fairly guarded,  this may have been better done next week when this is done and dusted .  Of course Talksport would have little interest in us then.

Archived