Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What?!? Chelsea haven’t got any transfer budget as they’ve got a transfer ban! Massive difference there already, not to mention the main difference that Chelsea are absolutely a miles bigger club than bleeding stoke and a much a higher level. Of course there’s a difference!

Two window ban max whilst having on the books top top players and amongst the best young players in Europe too ,

as I stated it’s relative ,stoke offered rowett a better budget to get promotion and further his career and he took it 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Why do Chelsea have all of the power? That is just feeding into the media built narrative that Chelsea are some irresistible force.

Golden rule - them with the gold make the rules. No need for naivety to suggest otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

He is one year into his managerial career and remarkably he has both clubs dancing to his tune.

He is a wanted manager by both clubs, hardly worthy of a cleft in the space time continuum.

17 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You don’t seriously believe it’s a job he has to take at this very moment, do you?

Maybe he wants to? Maybe he thinks he can help Chelsea at this time? Why would it put that at risk for the sake of spending another year or two here, with there being a chance it only goes downhill? Don't kid yourself you would, I wouldn't.

19 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

This is a case of it’s now, because I can and I will. What’s going to stop me? Little old Derby? Ha!

It's a case of it's now and he wants to. It doesn't mean he is somehow rubbing anyone's nose in it, it's just turned out that way in terms of timing. 

Anyway, it's done - suggest you either get over it or find a quiet room to lie down in. All the hand wringing in the world won't change that.

Just now, Archied said:

Two window ban max whilst having on the books top top players and amongst the best young players in Europe too ,

as I stated it’s relative ,stoke offered rowett a better budget to get promotion and further his career and he took it 

Exactly, that’s why its understandable to take the job! But let’s not pretend it’s an easy job, they’re miles behind other prem teams and with no transfers to improved themselves it’ll be a tough season. Shows frank isn’t worried about a tough job. The stoke job should’ve been easy with the money and squad they had available, but it was no bigger a job than Derby was. Just easier. Cowards move to go there, no respect for that at all.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Exactly, that’s why its understandable to take the job! But let’s not pretend it’s an easy job, they’re miles behind other prem teams and with no transfers to improved themselves it’ll be a tough season. Shows frank isn’t worried about a tough job. The stoke job should’ve been easy with the money and squad they had available, but it was no bigger a job than Derby was. Just easier. Cowards move to go there, no respect for that at all.

Lampard ,rowett same cloth

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think he 'gets' the Championship and what it takes to get out. So what if he just 'muddles along' here next season, and after? How good would his Chelsea prospects be then. 

Frank can play by a different set of rules, that much is clear.

Chelsea have historically appointed managers with pedigree, with a track record of winning trophies as a manager.

Given that Lampard is their golden boy, their club man and can do no wrong, I get the impression that the job is his when he wants it and his prospects would remain unaffected.

Personally, if I were in his privileged position, I would finish the job here. He is one year into his managerial career. Time is a luxury he can afford.

Why wish those important developmental years away? Use your head, finish the job here, give it everything and then move on to bigger and better things.

By leaving now, he is just exercising a privilege that 99% of other managers simply wouldn’t be afforded.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

They both going to a club promising them better budget to spend so  no difference just relative  

If you can't see the difference between Championship Stoke and Champions League Chelsea, and particularly Frank's affiliation with the latter, then I really do despair.

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If only that was true. More likely he'll have a bit of a whinge and come over as a bitter old git.

Well there you go, what did I need to worry about Mel had his sensible head firmly on his shoulders by all reports of the Talksport chat. Even sounds like jordan was tame...they must have put something in the tea! ?

47 minutes ago, Archied said:

Agree to disagree ,both moved on to further their cv , it just is 

This:

42 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If you can't see the difference between Championship Stoke and Champions League Chelsea, and particularly Frank's affiliation with the latter, then I really do despair.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think he 'gets' the Championship and what it takes to get out. So what if he just 'muddles along' here next season, and after? How good would his Chelsea prospects be then. 

Are you saying he just got lucky last year? Reaching the play off final is closer than most managers have come to getting out of the championship. 

56 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

And if you can’t see the similarity between a step up for your career then so do I ,

i wanted Lampard , glad we had him and won’t not go back and change it but just because his playing career and celebrity give him bigger doors to open than Rowett doesn’t give him a pass , in fact it could be said because of it Rowett has more excuse for jumping ship to give himself best chance of building a career but hey ho we all look at things differently and see what we see

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

And if you can’t see the similarity between a step up for your career then so do I ,

i wanted Lampard , glad we had him and won’t not go back and change it but just because his playing career and celebrity give him bigger doors to open than Rowett doesn’t give him a pass , in fact it could be said because of it Rowett has more excuse for jumping ship to give himself best chance of building a career but hey ho we all look at things differently and see what we see

They're both made steps up, yes. I've said before that I don't really begrudge Rowett for leaving, as it was a better career opportunity for him at the time.

To me, Lampard's playing career and celebrity are irrelevant in all of this. It's the fact that, years before he even thought of managing Derby, he said that he'd love to manage Chelsea one day. It's his dream job and he's been offered it after just one season. That is far different to moving 30 miles down the road for a bit more money, a bigger transfer budget and a better squad. And, regardless of the fact that Lampard is only able to do this because of his playing career, Chelsea are in the Champions League and are literally the 3rd best team in the country. The reasons why that job is available to him aren't really relevant for me.

Archived