Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t get all you lot calling him out as doing similar to Rowett. Rowett jacked us in for a smaller club In the same division just because they had a bigger budget. It was a cowardly move when deciding to move there rather than finish the job here and was just taking the easy route, now that was a move of a snake and made me lose any respect for him. Lampard on the other hand has taken a job levels above ours... as a manager you want to reach the top and this is allowing him to do exactly that. You can’t begrudge him that, all of us would do the same in a similar situation. It’s certainly not the easy route either with their transfer situation, I still respect frank personally. Just the media and certain ex pros I don’t.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t get all you lot calling him out as doing similar to Rowett. Rowett jacked us in for a smaller club In the same division just because they had a bigger budget. It was a cowardly move when deciding to move there rather than finish the job here and was just taking the easy route, now that was a move of a snake and made me lose any respect for him. Lampard on the other hand has taken a job levels above ours... as a manager you want to reach the top and this is allowing him to do exactly that. You can’t begrudge him that, all of us would do the same in a similar situation. It’s certainly not the easy route either with their transfer situation, I still respect frank personally. Just the media and certain ex pros I don’t.

Load of rubbish 

Media didn’t make Frank leave 

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Timing is not of Frank or our choosing. I don't think many can seriously expect him to turn up the opportunity - for personal, financial and career reasons. We all would like to think he loves us but in reality we are just another football club and he has been offered the chance to go back to not only a place where he is a true legend but also one of the leading clubs in Europe. I know it might sound daft, given this is Chelsea, but that opportunity might not come around again soon and he also probably has a personal drive to make sure the club is in good hands.

As for us, it's dragged on a bit over here in forum land where timelines move at a totally different pace to the real world. In actual life people have been on holiday at the end of the season and are only now returning. We'll have a replacement lined up, chances are we're already talking to them, likely to be brought in within the next two weeks and then the most read thread on this forum will be called 'Frank who?'.

Disagree , I fully believe that franks choice of time would be as soon as poss from day 1, also the love affair is overstated , this is a fast track to top 4 champions league football for a very savvy and ambitious man , 

fair play lampard ,crack on but let s us fans stop being naive , football is not the same as when the Kevin hectors of this world hung their boots up and became a postman , now there’s the kind of figures that earn and deserve our respect ,

as stated I don’t now hate lampard just see beyond the pr machine 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Tbf I think most people are annoyed by Lampard’s ex teammates, friends, family stirring the pot and saying what a brilliant appointment he would be for Chelsea, completely ignoring our club in the scenario. Ian wright is probably the only one who has mentioned our club in this soap opera.  I don’t buy that Lampard didn’t know about all his mates bigging him up for the job like some say,  even his wife played the song should I stay or should I go on instagram , it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and treated our club like a none entity. For all the criticism of Rowett  and people calling him a snake, he left and that was it, none of his friends or even his Mrs got involved like Lampard’s.

Why do ppl go on about this?  She showed a vid of hubby getting a cake on his birthday and at the end of it the bar played a song which may or may not be related to Chelsea.  There are a lot more things that would have been an obvious insult.  Anyway moving on, Frank is going to his dream job which is one of the biggest in football and I don't begrudge him the opportunity.   He has done nothing wrong.  I think for everybody (DCFC, Frank and CFC) it has come too early but it would have been a big decision to let it pass him by.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No difference ,both jumped ship for what they thought / think is best for them

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

No difference ,both jumped ship for what they thought / think is best for them

There is a big difference, the level of job they’ve jumped ship to. Lampard left for a much bigger job which is understandable from any manager/ player who wants to reach the top, as anyone would want to. Rowett left for a job at the same level just with a larger budget, as I say a cowards move. Fair play they probably both left for more money, but there’s only one move that has my respect there.

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

Disagree , I fully believe that franks choice of time would be as soon as poss from day 1, also the love affair is overstated , this is a fast track to top 4 champions league football for a very savvy and ambitious man , 

I was responding to the point that timing is not ideal and was saying it isn't anybodies fault except Sarri & associated that the Chelsea role has become available. I don't think anyone, including Chris Hughton, wants this to drag on any longer than needed - no benefit to any party. As for ambition and the love affair - I thought I made this point in my mail, yes he has a connection with Chelsea but he is also being courted by a top English club and would expect him to be just as likely to leave if it was Spurs or Arsenal (or even Everton or Newcastle) that came calling. Maybe a little less connected but certainly likely to go.

As for the 'should I stay or should I go' bit - why is that an insult, assuming it was done on purpose? If it was 'We gotta get out of this place' (Angelic Upstarts version please) then I could understand it.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

There is a big difference, the level of job they’ve jumped ship to. Lampard left for a much bigger job which is understandable from any manager/ player who wants to reach the top, as anyone would want to. Rowett left for a job at the same level just with a larger budget, as I say a cowards move. Fair play they probably both left for more money, but there’s only one move that has my respect there.

They both going to a club promising them better budget to spend so  no difference just relative  

39 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Timing is not of Frank or our choosing. I don't think many can seriously expect him to turn up the opportunity - for personal, financial and career reasons. We all would like to think he loves us but in reality we are just another football club and he has been offered the chance to go back to not only a place where he is a true legend but also one of the leading clubs in Europe. I know it might sound daft, given this is Chelsea, but that opportunity might not come around again soon and he also probably has a personal drive to make sure the club is in good hands.

As for us, it's dragged on a bit over here in forum land where timelines move at a totally different pace to the real world. In actual life people have been on holiday at the end of the season and are only now returning. We'll have a replacement lined up, chances are we're already talking to them, likely to be brought in within the next two weeks and then the most read thread on this forum will be called 'Frank who?'.

Why do Chelsea have all of the power? That is just feeding into the media built narrative that Chelsea are some irresistible force.

In truth, Frank is the irresistible force. He holds all the aces, all the power. The two clubs are simply at his mercy.

He is one year into his managerial career and remarkably he has both clubs dancing to his tune. We’ve apparently pulled out all the stops and offered him a £10 million contract extension out of pure desperation to keep him. Chelsea are offering a 3-year contract to a managerial novice out of pure desperation to get him. How many other managers with the same level of experience would possess the same privileges? They simply wouldn’t.

How many managers have Chelsea had in the last 15 years? 12 at my last count, and each and every one vastly more experienced than Frank at this time. It’s a job that is available most summers, if not every summer.

If Frank were to say no, look at the great names that have gone before me, I am not ready to step into those shoes, I think he would go up in many people’s estimations. It is always a job that would come around again for a man with his standing at the club.

You don’t seriously believe it’s a job he has to take at this very moment, do you? It’s a job he is choosing to take, despite everything pointing to him trying to run before he can walk in managerial terms.

It’d be much different if he was Sam Allardyce or David Moyes when they were offered the England and Manchester United jobs respectively. Those were cases of jobs that were impossible to turn down and cases of it’s now or never.

This is a case of it’s now, because I can and I will. What’s going to stop me? Little old Derby? Ha!

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

They both going to a club promising them better budget to spend so  no difference just relative  

What?!? Chelsea haven’t got any transfer budget as they’ve got a transfer ban! Massive difference there already, not to mention the main difference that Chelsea are absolutely a miles bigger club than bleeding stoke and a much a higher level. Of course there’s a difference!

1 hour ago, David said:

Inside each forum at the top right we have sorting options so you can see the most viewed, most replies. This is both the most viewed and replied in this board, but George Thorne still holds the record in the Transfer Forum with 10,300+ replies and 934k+ views

91EF7618-981E-4062-8B76-5D426BA2B70E.jpeg

Ah look, the daytime mode. I don't use that any more.

20 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You don’t seriously believe it’s a job he has to take at this very moment, do you? It’s a job he is choosing to take, despite everything pointing to him trying to run before he can walk in managerial terms.

I don't think he 'gets' the Championship and what it takes to get out. So what if he just 'muddles along' here next season, and after? How good would his Chelsea prospects be then. 

Archived