Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

15 minutes ago, TimRam said:

We only got that because of a floodlight failure near the end of the Norwich game *ducks*. Strange appointment, 3 years from now possibly. At the end of the day, if he was not called Frank Lampard, no way would Chelsea appoint him as manager.

Nor us,            

never mind Derby ,never mind Chelsea ,, this has been and is the frank lampard show and my opinion on him will be based on that 

i don’t buy the poor old frank it’s chelsea , what could he do line

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was always a lose lose for us. If he failed we suffered, if he did well then his time here was always going to be dependent on CFC having a manager in place and how long for. Let’s not kid ourselves he was always going to go if they care calling. I don’t think he would leave for anyone else. Had at the end of the season Sarri had been given an extension he would be here. Managers like players have to move when their stock is high. I still personally think that it is too soon and that he would of benefited from another year here. But if he did and we lost our first 4 games then he’d be fired and further away from his dream job. I don’t blame him one bit and he goes with my best wishes. Just hope we can get someone in sharpish as we are already playing catch up with getting players in. Who to go for is a tough one, Hughton knows how to get out the league but more defensive minded football, Monk doesn’t fill me with confidence that it would be long term, Gerrard can’t see it happening though would generate some excitement. Cook at Wigan would be an outside bet, plays good football but never worked at a club of our size. Interesting times ahead. 

I personally will reserve all judgment on Lampard until after some dust has settled. For instance Morris today may confirm that he has acted honestly and professionally throughout the last few weeks.  I personally have no beef with Lampard taking up this opportunity if that is what he does. Wouldn’t everyone given the known circumstances - course you would. 

For the record l have not changed my opinion of Chelsea. I still will enjoy every game they lose. 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Tbf for a champions league manager that’s at the lower end of the pay scale. Decent money when he gets paid off mind, which he will. Suggests a contract has been accepted, which if true should mean things are finalised officially pretty damn quickly. Don’t see why it should take as long as next week, things need to hurry up so our new man is in place too. Should think things will move fast now and we may even hear more tomorrow.

Expectations same as sarri with equal pay for him then, champions league football- imo under a transfer ban that’s gonna be a mammoth task. I’d be extremely surprised if he’s in charge at the start of the following season. Think this will end disasterously.

It might be lower end for a champions league manager, but it means he'd be paid almost as much as Emery and Pochettino. The only managers on more than him would be Pep, Klopp and Pellegrini. Its their money to spend, but seems a bit ridiculous for a manager who has accomplished precisely nothing so far.

50 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Can’t see how people can say Frank himself has really handled this poorly. If he’s on holiday he’s on holiday, surely people can respect that. He obviously can’t come out with a statement saying he’s staying if he’s off! 

A wind up ?  Its called putting himself first rather than having any responsibility to his current/former employer. Given the disruption caused to the earlier start of our season, it would be really poor if his appointment at Chelsea had been held up cos of his holiday rather than procrastination by Chelsea.

Lampard will have to dramatically improve his tactics at times were so naive and if he does that at Chelsea it won't last long.

This is a massive decision unable to spend money ageing squad defence quite poor i think he is up against it will Chelsea be happy with finishing 10th who is the main striker Giroud  come on he will be forced to play Abraham who you can argue is not premiership class but we will see.

I think the likely Tomori and Mount will be in the match day squad they lack pace and Tomori will get regular game time but is he good enoug???

I don't think it will work and Frank will be up against it and tactically against the big teams just can't see it.

I bet Marriott is so happy!!

Sentiment only goes so Far!!!!

Mel you have just got a cracking deal after 1 season 4 million in compensation what a businessman the deal of the season.

Well done Mr Morris.

9 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure, mate. It was a very bizarre statement.

It said "Pep Clotet will be Blues caretaker Head Coach, with the Club not actively seeking an alternative permanent Head Coach or Manager at this time."

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2019/blues-football-management-team-confirmed/

It's probably so they can sting Monk's new club for compensation for Clotet?

Frank took over a Derby side who finished 6th, spent quite a bit of money on Waghorn and Marriott, was allowed to bring in on loan some of the country’s most promising youngsters, and got us to finish 6th. 

The football was slightly better than that which we saw under Rowett, who took us to 6th spending less. 

I was always a fair critic of Frank’s. Judged him on his management, not on his name. But as I’ve said for weeks now, I wish he’d have made a decision ages ago to save us from this nonsense. Our pre season has been affected big time. 

34 minutes ago, DRBee said:

A wind up ?  Its called putting himself first rather than having any responsibility to his current/former employer. Given the disruption caused to the earlier start of our season, it would be really poor if his appointment at Chelsea had been held up cos of his holiday rather than procrastination by Chelsea.

I understand this but considering he was on holiday then surely it’s not really effected our pre-season. Let’s just hope we get things sorted on our ends as soon as possible now.

Also got to remember that Sarri leaving for Juventus was dragged out for a long time which probably had some effect. 

I think what Frank brought us was not results as we finished in the same place the year before albeit with one more point. 

In fact Frank’s selection and tactics could sometimes be wrong, as you would expect from a new manager still learning, sometimes we were simply overrun by the likes of Leeds and Villa.

what he brought was a unity and togetherness between the management, fans and players not to mention a far more attractive way of playing. What happened last year at Derby was magical and gave a huge feel good factor.  

We would have expected more this year but with limited funds that would have been difficult. Still he has enormous potential as a manager and did well for us.

I for one wish him well and if we (Derby) come across him again give him a cheer as it was great having him here. apparently we will also get some compensation if Jody goes to Chelsea.

like selling a player this will help give us the funds to build the team and that is what we should concentrate on , getting the money and moving on.

thanks Frank it was a blast and thank you for last year but let’s move on now 

On 19/06/2019 at 13:02, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Ignore quote

What compo is everyone hoping for? I'd like

£7m 

3 free loans 

Pre season friendly next summer

Suggs to sing Embarrassment at half time v Forest when we are 3 nil up.

Christine to do Mel's ironing till xmas.

Uncle Harry to pass fans transfer gossip through his car window in the Toys R Us car park.

Cousin Jamie to pass his model girlfriends that he doesn't like anymore on to me.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

What compo is everyone hoping for? I'd like

£7m 

3 free loans 

Pre season friendly next summer

Suggs to sing Embarrassment at half time v Forest when we are 3 nil up.

Christine to do Mel's ironing till xmas.

Uncle Harry to pass fans transfer gossip through his car window in the Toys R Us car park.

Cousin Jamie to pass his model girlfriends that he doesn't like anymore on to me.

The last line just makes me think you're in fantasy land!

Archived