Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JfR said:

Which begs the question: "Why does he keep getting sacked?"

Swansea panicked and it backfired in the end.

Leeds - I think he actually walked

Boro - he failed, but they would’ve probably been better off sticking and not appointing Pulis 

Brum - can’t believe they sacked him and most brum fans can’t!! Bonkers club. He did a brilliant job in the circumstances 

32 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

What has Garry Monk achieved? At Swansea he took over from Laudrup kept Swansea up. In his only full season at Swansea finished 8th in premier league - Swansea’s highest ever finish. Following season they sacked him when 15th, went downhill ever since.

Leeds took over a basket case improved their playing style and finished 7th - working under Cellino as well!! Not bad

Boro - he failed, plain and simple

Brum - had a shout of playoffs for most of the season before the points deduction operating under a transfer embargo with a team that nearly got relegated the season prior - he kept them up.

Not bad if you ask me. And interesting he’s actually still younger than Lampard despite all that experience.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I never rated Monk but tbh after reading it like that... that's not bad at all. 

Worth noting that the one time he did really badly (Boro), he didn't have Pep Clotet with him.

With Clotet now appointed as the Caretaker Manager at Birmingham, it looks like he won't have him at his next club either. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Worth noting that the one time he did really badly (Boro), he didn't have Pep Clotet with him.

With Clotet now appointed as the Caretaker Manager at Birmingham, it looks like he won't have him at his next club either. 

Is he going to be announced as manager then? That's weird that they have a caretaker manager for the weeks they didn't need a manager

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Is he going to be announced as manager then? That's weird that they have a caretaker manager for the weeks they didn't need a manager

Not sure, mate. It was a very bizarre statement.

It said "Pep Clotet will be Blues caretaker Head Coach, with the Club not actively seeking an alternative permanent Head Coach or Manager at this time."

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2019/blues-football-management-team-confirmed/

Dorsett getting a right old pasting .  This is one of the more pleasant requests

Do you think asking him about the Chelsea job before the play off final (Derby’s biggest game in a long) time was necessary? Would like to see you answer this question as many fans have asked this but again you seem to pick and chose who you respond to.

Rob Dorsett‏ @RobDorsettSky

My job is to report the news: without bias - not do a PR job for one particular club. I had reliable information that Chelsea were interested in Frank before the Finals. And so it’s proved. Dcfc had no problem with my asking, neither did Frank. Is that why Derby lost at Wembley?

a- He has done just that

b- still a condescending whatsit

Then the person who asked this very valid question was blocked

11 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

? Not a bad contract that. 

FRANK LAMPARD will start work as Chelsea boss next week on a three-year deal worth £5.5million a year — the same as predecessor Maurizio Sarri.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9373799/frank-lampard-to-start-chelsea-next-week-agreeing-16-5m-three-year-deal/

Fine print still being sorted out? Not signed yet then.

13 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

FRANK LAMPARD will start work as Chelsea boss next week on a three-year deal worth £5.5million a year — the same as predecessor Maurizio Sarri.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9373799/frank-lampard-to-start-chelsea-next-week-agreeing-16-5m-three-year-deal/

Love how they had to put Vincent Kompany’s opinion of it at the end just to wind up Derby fans a little more! 

17 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

A three year deal is exactly what was reported last week.....before anyone had spoken to anyone of course.

54 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure, mate. It was a very bizarre statement.

It said "Pep Clotet will be Blues caretaker Head Coach, with the Club not actively seeking an alternative permanent Head Coach or Manager at this time."

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2019/blues-football-management-team-confirmed/

Weird isn't it. He's taking care of things until they find a permanent head coach that they aren't looking for. 

Bet he feels safe in his job!

Frank will be like this “Can we get these discussions done as quick as poss, I need to show the Chelsea fans I’m bothered but the main thing on my mind is me and Christine have already let down our quiz team at the Kings Head last week cos we were on our hols and Janet and Dave from heage are away this week. It starts at half seven and if you get in before six you get your free pint stamp card. So can we go through the motions as quick as possible duck”

Tbf for a champions league manager that’s at the lower end of the pay scale. Decent money when he gets paid off mind, which he will. Suggests a contract has been accepted, which if true should mean things are finalised officially pretty damn quickly. Don’t see why it should take as long as next week, things need to hurry up so our new man is in place too. Should think things will move fast now and we may even hear more tomorrow.

Expectations same as sarri with equal pay for him then, champions league football- imo under a transfer ban that’s gonna be a mammoth task. I’d be extremely surprised if he’s in charge at the start of the following season. Think this will end disasterously.

Archived