Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Sneaky feeling he’ll stay 

Maybe naive but I do too. I think that MM has been smart saying Chelsea can speak with him even though Chelsea have not announced anything on their website about approaching FL.  I think he means to draw them out.

17 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Well I'm absolutely livid and no mistake, having just procured my away membership (a snip at £90).....

I came on the board and look at what I find....

That's right......

Brentford away on August 31st when we're on holiday!

Grrrr ?

That's really bad luck.

Any chance you could secure us 2x terrace tickets, seeing as you won't need them?

Overall I shall be disappointed in Frank going because it will feel like there is a lot of unfinished business and that we were just at the start of something that could have been quite special.  The relationship between club and fans improved no end and there was a lot more joy to be had.

The football wasn’t always the best, but it was a far more enjoyable season than the previous one.  Also, I felt there were many signs that we were on the cusp of cracking it and playing really very good stuff.  They made all the right noises about youngsters and I thought that they at least had a bit of a plan.  Was all looking positive and at least we had some idea of what we would be getting next season.  He certainly wasn’t a management genius (yet) and he certainly can be replaced, it’s just quite disappointing that the journey (yuk!) has ended so abruptly.

Now we start again, again.  Don’t know who we’ll get, whether he’ll carry on the quite good work already started, whether it will be positive progressive football or horrid anti-football like Rowett.

Just left with a sense of anti-climax and what might have been....

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

If your Mrs/girlfriend announced over tea tonight she was happy with you and did love you but a new hunk has started at work and he wants to bang her and move her in would you wish her all the best ????? 

If you hold your Mrs/girlfriend on an even footing with DCFC in your life, then she won't be sticking around for long anyway, so she may as well go off for a good banging now, whilst she's still young enough to appreciate it!  

If you're lucky, she may even let you go round and watch, on a Saturday afternoon (or Friday night, live on Sky!).

27 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Lampard announced tomorrow

At this point something about throwing enough excrement at walls and sticking comes to mind.

I've remained as a lurker on this thread for the very reason that no one here is ITK on this move. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If it's Manager Transfer Day will Mel also be required to wear a stupid yellow tie?

Stood outside Stamford Bridge for no reason because nobody discusses contracts sat in an empty stadium 

8 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

Right don’t shoot the messenger, but been told tonight that lampards pa was asked to move down London last week, and that it seems Gary monk is set to be announced, but obviously it could all be crap ???

Gary ‘Kin’ Monk. I’ll be feeling somewhat underwhelmed by that, hope you’re wrong. 

With Chris Hughton available, it’s a no brainer..... isn’t it ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

Right don’t shoot the messenger, but been told tonight that lampards pa was asked to move down London last week, and that it seems Gary monk is set to be announced, but obviously it could all be crap ???

He's probably a bit old to be living with his dad anyway.

Archived