Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I feel sorry for Mel in all this. When appointing FL he must of thought that, barring an unmitigated disaster, that FL would hang around for at a bare minimum of half of his contract length. Mel is also the only one in this sorry state of affairs to put his head above the parapet. He would probably be the first one to admit he's made mistakes during his tenure but the guy deserves a break in my eyes. Gonna be interesting to hear what he has to say tomorrow. 

Mel also put the clause in his contract that he would demand £4m for a Champions League club to take Lampard from us.

He’s not had the breaks, I agree, but he’s wise enough to know how things could play out.

If he looks to Gerrard, I imagine he’ll do exactly the same.

Can't wait for Mel on talksport tomorrow, will probably chin Jim White for all the media shizzle in the past couple weeks, call out Rob Dorsett to a scrap in the octagon and scream about how Frank Lampard is a Bamford

19 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Does this mean we are now called Derby, not Franks Derby... Good

We're changing it to an unpronounceable symbol of a ram and will from now be know as "The Club Formerly Known as Frank Lampard's Derby County"

59 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

If your Mrs/girlfriend announced over tea tonight she was happy with you and did love you but a new hunk has started at work and he wants to bang her and move her in would you wish her all the best ????? 

Now there an offer I couldn’t refuse!

Rob Dorset with a big sigh of relief and starts calling out Derby fans on Twitter, even Steve Nicholson getting in on it.

Lost all respect for him for that.

Asking why Derby fans are annoyed with him when he had both clubs telling him it was going to happen....probably something to do with Derby saying there’s been no approach until today and him ignoring that! 

5 minutes ago, Duwayne said:

Can't wait for Mel on talksport tomorrow, will probably chin Jim White for all the media shizzle in the past couple weeks, call out Rob Dorsett to a scrap in the octagon and scream about how Frank Lampard is a Bamford

I think Mel seems to have a decent relationship with Jim White. Always willing to talk to him. 

Archived