Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 hour ago, KCG said:

It's fairly obvious, but I suspect we have not been idle either, at least I hope we haven't!

One things certain ,Mel more experienced than most in recruiting managers so let's hope he's getting better at it. Managed to make a profit on the last two which is more than can be said for half the players?. Just hope he pulls some thing out of the hat,other than Hughton can't see any obvious sensible choices out their.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Hanny said:

If Frank takes the Chelsea job, I truly hope he does well. I like Frank. I fear if he puts up a few stinker performances, the fans/board are going to pull the plug, and all they'll have accomplished is tarnishing a legend. I hope he stays, but mainly, I hope he does well where ever he's managing. 

coyr

If he's already decided he wants to go to Chelsea that sits ok with me and is understandable, just wish he'd never come out with the post-Wembley comments - he's an intelligent bloke and must had been aware of Sarri's situation at Chelsea and how their fans had turned against him. As far as how his Chelsea goes then I have a feeling of complete indifference - not bothered whether he does well or takes them down into mid-table security - he will no longer have any link to Derby County so why should I bother?

It could have all been so different but onward we go.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If he's already decided he wants to go to Chelsea that sits ok with me and is understandable, just wish he'd never come out with the post-Wembley comments - he's an intelligent bloke and must had been aware of Sarri's situation at Chelsea and how their fans had turned against him. As far as how his Chelsea goes then I have a feeling of complete indifference - not bothered whether he does well or takes them down into mid-table security - he will no longer have any link to Derby County so why should I bother?

It could have all been so different but onward we go.

Fair. I should clarify. Above all, I want success, and consistency for Derby. I just thought Frank was the perfect fit to carry that forward for a few years. Will always be linked to Chelsea...I just hoped he would have made a second home with Derby along the way. If he goes, I will be hoping/backing another manager to take hold at Derby and make it long lasting. I understand revolving doors are common with manager roles...I just hope for something longer term. 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Rowett - Crap football, never admitted his mistakes, talked endlessly about improving things and changing approaches and never did til it was forced upon him.  Left us for a tinpot club down the road who have got a fortune in parachute payments, but can't be arsed filling in a corner of their ground.

Jewell - Spent a fortune on absolute tosh, and had us playing tosh.  Anyone who sat through the defeat to Charlton shortly before he was sacked would agreed it wouldn't have been harsh if he'd been shot, let alone sacked.

Clough - Only his biggest detractors (and other club's fans) call him that.  Top bloke, got it right at times, but handicapped himself with negative tactics.

Davies - You're really going to try and defend that narcissistic little weasel??

Frank - Improved the football after a season of Rowett's crap.  Got the fans back on side, gave us some great results, some average results, some poor results.  Energised the club, and gave the whole city a buzz.  Will leave us for a much bigger (albeit tossier) club, that he played 400 games for.

Frank wasn't perfect but he was a season that was more enjoyable than those above did.  And yes @MuespachRam before you pipe up, better than King Bill-eh...

Yeah....losing at Wembley was loads more enjoyable than winning there...…….

Rob Dorsett the big club bum licker. With his guess a hundred things and I'll get some right "news".

twit. 

The offence to piss me off was bringing up the Chelsea job in the media conference before a huge game between two brilliant clubs with a long proud history. Be nice for the focus to be on that rather than good old Rob pretending he's getting answers for the people when him and all his poo stirring parasite friends just want to sell their opinion as news by using clickbait headlines. 

If you want to sell ******** then label it as ********. Being right occasionally doesn't make you less full of poo. You talk poo. 

Knob

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

How do journalists and the media show Derby disrespect Rob Dorsett? Well look no further. Whilst I'm sure he will be going, he's currently still our manager, so hold off a bit and calm your excitement a bit sky?

It is bad enough now but this rubbish was happening weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

It is bad enough now but this rubbish was happening weeks ago. 

I just went from reading Rob Dorsett saying what he said, to seeing that on Twitter, and I thought it was a great example of the disrespect shown by the media.

I know it makes me sound like a twisted twit, but I hope he gets sacked next season and fails miserably, not becuase I dislike him but because of how he will be hailed as a messiah for Chelsea due to his playing days  and really for me he is an average manager who was a top player. He could develop into a great manager over time, but with some of the piss poor team selections(Wembley and numerous occasions wrongly starting Nugent and other poor selections e.g. Villa away and his substitutions vs Villa at home ) and some of the inconsistent  performances we had last season , apart from  the ability to attract quality loans we are not missing out on much.  It is honestly not sour grapes as some may think, at no point have I been fully convinced in his abilities , don't get me wrong he did an ok job , but with the players at our disposal he achieved the bare minimum in my opinion, I don't buy the transition season BS. Very controversial I know but I just don't like how over hyped he is , and we are Derby county not ducking Frank Lampard's Derby county.

23 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

I don't get this 'i wish him well crap' 

If he leaves us I really hope he flops gets s#it on big time by someone just like he has to us then gets sacked by Xmas .

Assuming he leaves for Chelsea.

I guess I'm one of the well wishers, because (to me), he'll have done nothing wrong. If it happens; end of the day a Champions league club offered a job to a manager in the Championship.

I don't like Chelsea, I like Frank.

If he goes, and Chelsea end up having a mare...I'll snicker a bit at Chelsea...but feel bad for Frank. 

coyr

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I know it makes me sound like a twisted twit, but I hope he gets sacked next season and fails miserably, not becuase I dislike him but because of how he will be hailed as a messiah for Chelsea due to his playing days  and really for me he is an average manager who was a top player. He could develop into a great manager over time, but with some of the piss poor team selections(Wembley and numerous occasions starting wrongly starting Nugent and other poor selections) and some of the inconsistent  performances we had last season , apart from  the ability to attract quality loans we are not missing out on much.  It is honestly not sour grapes as some may think, at no point have I been fully convinced in his abilities , don't get me wrong he did an ok job , but with the players at our disposal he achieved the bare minimum in my opinion, I don't buy the transition season BS.

Agree totally with this playing specially  Bennett in stead of Marriott cost us at Wembley 

6 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

Agree totally with this playing specially  Bennett in stead of Marriott cost us at Wembley 

I like him as a person and as a player, but as a manager I have never been fully confident in him. Wouldn't surprise me if Jody was doing most of the work behind the scenes. Marriott for me is one of the best strikers in the league and would have made a big differecne, maybe he acted badly behind the scenes but in the big games I would always play the best team possible even if some of the best player act like dheads.

Archived