Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Been sitting on this since I saw this tweet but gotta say I’m perplexed by it.

No ones saying the media have made it happen or that it’s disrespectful to talk to sources, it’s disrespectful to act like we weren’t important in all this and sky have a big part in that.

It was also disrespectful that this drama started days before the biggest match of our season, again they are right to be annoyed at this.

How many ‘tweets’ must he get from all others fans? Why single us out at this time? Again it feels that a small club like don’t matter so I can give them a bit back. Again, it’s disrespectful.

Im not having a go at his reporting for the most part, but this just feels like he’s completely blind to the point.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been covered already but reading this...

"With pre-season fast approaching for both clubs it is hoped this will allow Chelsea to swiftly conclude their discussions," a Derby statement read.

...suggests to me that Chelsea haven't made an approach. Are Derby just telling them to poo or get off the pot?

Well at least what's looked likely for so long is finally happening. Hopefully we can get everything sorted, including a replacement, before pre-season because each day since the play-off final has essentially been a waste now, so we'll be playing catch-up.

I think it would be beneficial us to remain on good terms with FL and Chelsea, some loans would really benefit us, like they did last season. But in terms of how Frank fares at Chelsea, I couldn't really care less. I'm not going to follow Chelsea's results hoping he does well purely because he gave us an almost successful season. But at the same time I'm not going to pray they have a car-crash season just because he's leaving us for them. I didn't care about Chelsea before Lampard came and I won't care about them when he's gone.

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

"With pre-season fast approaching for both clubs it is hoped this will allow Chelsea to swiftly conclude their discussions," a Derby statement read.

...suggests to me that Chelsea haven't made an approach. Are Derby just telling them to poo or get off the pot?

Good point, suggests that Derby have given permission in order to hurry Chelsea up. Like saying, if you're going to appoint Frank, just get on with it. So maybe he's not their first choice, still don't know what's happening on their front. Everything's pure speculation.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Yeah I interpreted it that way too. It looks like Chelsea hasn't approached us to talk to Frank and Mel is saying go ahead but just get it over and done with. Would be interested to hear what he says on TalkSport tomorrow morning.

24 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

No ones saying the media have made it happen or that it’s disrespectful to talk to sources, it’s disrespectful to act like we weren’t important in all this and sky have a big part in that.

It was also disrespectful that this drama started days before the biggest match of our season, again they are right to be annoyed at this.

How many ‘tweets’ must he get from all others fans? Why single us out at this time? Again it feels that a small club like don’t matter so I can give them a bit back. Again, it’s disrespectful.

Im not having a go at his reporting for the most part, but this just feels like he’s completely blind to the point.

HA!  I would reply to this but the whopper has blocked me...  

"And how is it disrespectful to talk to sources high up at both clubs..."  What bull****!!!  

1 minute ago, Shang said:

Yeah I interpreted it that way too. It looks like Chelsea hasn't approached us to talk to Frank and Mel is saying go ahead but just get it over and done with

5pm press conference tonight to announce it's a done deal then? ?

3 minutes ago, Shang said:

Yeah I interpreted it that way too. It looks like Chelsea hasn't approached us to talk to Frank and Mel is saying go ahead but just get it over and done with. Would be interested to hear what he says on TalkSport tomorrow morning.

Why would he give them permission before he has agreed the compensation deal with them, though?  Unless it is absolutely cast in stone that he can't leave unless we are paid the money......

29 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

People with a guilty conscience tend to lash out at others in order to attempt to deflect attention away from themselves.

I believe the club has become just a drop of point for managers and not a destination and to be honest that really has saddened me, I've been thinking of all the managers that I have seen since 1958 some crap some middle of the road one or two superb and then Frank.

I heard he was a man of his word ,open and honest and I thought the same for M&M but I believe that this was a done deal a week or two ago and whatever Mel has to say on the radio tomorrow I will take it with a pinch of salt ,I'm gutted today and even feeling hurt but I suppose that's what you get when you love your club but what makes it more painful is the realization that the love I had is over , but wow the memories .

32 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I imagine he won't get a response to that because he's already blocked all of them

If Frank takes the Chelsea job, I truly hope he does well. I like Frank. I fear if he puts up a few stinker performances, the fans/board are going to pull the plug, and all they'll have accomplished is tarnishing a legend. I hope he stays, but mainly, I hope he does well where ever he's managing. 

coyr

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Derby Manager Odds...

A HORRIBLE list.  God I hope this has NO reflection on how Mel & Co. are actually thinking.

Danny Cowley 5/2

Frank Lampard (Stays) 3/1

Darren Moore 7/1

Garry Monk 7/1

Roy Keane 12/1

John Terry 12/1

Gary Monk would be a sensible choice, Danny Cowley would go against everything We are trying to achieve at Derby. 

Archived