Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Poynton ram

Lampard and the Chelsea job

David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Message added by David

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

What are you talking about entitlement 😀, another hip and trendy buzzword used to try to look intellectual,

im not entitled to anything and don’t want to be entitled to anything , my opinion is based on watching events unfold and are just that ,opinions ,not forced on anybody else , not considered to make me smarter or more sane than those that see it differently or less deluded ,

you hold your opinion and best of luck to you , me I’m happy now to see lampard move on and pocket a few bob for our club and given my reasoning for reaching that opinion

Did I quote you? But if this hits close to home there’s nothing I can do about it

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nice to see someone else on here that’s sane and doesn’t have delusions of entitlement.

Well I think as we are rapidly approaching pre season we are entitled to know what is going on and if we need to be looking for a new manager. Johnson said it is a matter of respect and I fully agree. In my opinion I think there ought to be a rule stating that all managers should be in place by mid June. At least then clubs would be able to plan for next season. And before some of you say oh well it's the players' / mangers' holiday I would like to point out that everywhere throughout the world business deals are done during holidays and there is such a thing as skype plus the fact the salaries these people are on would allow them to fly there and back within 24/48 hours.

Edited by Dappled Ram

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

I don't understand it at all. Nothing's happening, Derby are still preparing for the new season with Lampard as manager yet he's getting criticised for things other people are doing and talking about. Even if he were to go, taking the sentimentality out of it, any manager would be crazy to not want to go from the championship to a champions league club. The mentality of 'he owes us' doesn't make sense to me at all. 

I don’t think he owes us anything , don’t hold any malice towards him ,I’m Derby county and as I say am now of the opinion I would be happy to see him and us move on as I feel the time is right , you may not and that’s your choice , I was watching Derby before lampard came and will be watching us after he is gone 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Did I quote you? But if this hits close to home there’s nothing I can do about it

Wow more fancy Smancy wording 😀

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Well I think as we are rapidly approaching pre season we are entitled to know what is going on and if we need to be looking for a new manager. Johnson said it is a matter of respect and I fully agree. In my opinion I think thee ought to be a rule stating that all managers should be in place by mid June. At least then clubs would be able to plan for next season. And before some of you say oh well it's the players' / mangers' holiday I would like to point out that everywhere throughout the world business deals are done during holidays and there is such a thing as skype plus the fact the salaries these people are on would allow them to fly there and back within 24/48 hours.

That bloody johno and his entitlement 😀

Share this post


Link to post

Why don't people make their mind up on how they feel about certain individuals when we find out how this will pan out.

For me, the only ones we can have bad feeling towards right now are the media and certain people who used to be famous like dogba and Rio Ferdidrugland

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nice to see someone else on here that’s sane and doesn’t have delusions of entitlement.

More than a feeling of entitlement I think most fans are just totally frustrated with the time being taken to resolve this situation - accepting there's a situation in the first place.

I'm still not completely convinced that Lampard will go and share the view of some that Chelsea might be waiting for a more experienced candidate to become available - maybe Benitez, maybe someone else.

Whatever their intention, if things continue as they are, then by the back end of this coming week, given how close we are to players returning for pre-season and the need to strengthen a severely depleted squad, the onus must surely be on Lampard to confirm his ongoing commitment to Derby County. Failure to do so will be to the detriment of our club and that's unacceptable.

Who knows, Frank & Mel may be having a real chuckle about all the speculation and palaver, though somehow I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post

If the unthinkable happened and frank left to be replaced by Keane,  i would seriously consider asking for my season ticket money back. The man should be nowhere near football.

Share this post


Link to post

I’m finding it very sad now that the excitement of last season has degenerated to this.

The point is that Frank hasn’t really done anything wrong in that if we are to believe our owner DCFC have not had a formal approach and at this point in time there is nothing to either endorse or not as its only media speculation 2+2 =5.

The real problem will be if he ends up not going a percentage of our fan base will never see him in the same light again, and will not be able to understand that Franks appointment bought with it an inevitability of him being linked media wise with Chelsea when ever it suits.

I think we either learn to accept the media circus that comes with high profile players using us as a spring board into football management or we go back to the normal merry go round of regurgitated names and go under the media radar.

Pays your money and takes your choice!

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

So that’s a no then!

Yep that’s a no , I’m from a day when football fans were football fans ,passionate about their club not desperate to appear liberal and intellectual about everything, you rightly defend lampard for wanting to move to Chelsea if offered because that’s best for lampard but if a Derby fan is happy for lampard to be moved on because they feel it’s best for Derby now then they are entitled and delusional ,

hip trendy at all costs😀

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If the unthinkable happened and frank left to be replaced by Keane,  i would seriously consider asking for my season ticket money back. The man should be nowhere near football.

The last bit won't happen - it can't.  It just can't! No!

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Ah Fox Sports Asia, the premier source of championship football gossip.

Where would we be without it?

The point was about the way they see the situation, not the truth or otherwise of the matter.

Share this post


Link to post

Reading all of these comments about how Chelsea are derailing our season etc, I was wondering (B4 moment here) what are they saying on the Newcastle forums? Their manager's contract is supposedly up in a few days time, he obviously hasn't signed a new one, and their season is almost as imminent as our's. Surely they're in an even worse state than some on here, at least it's possible that our manager who has still got two years of contract left is actually working (despite being on holiday, but you know what I mean) towards being ready for it to start?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I have no idea how some off the posters on here would have survived without the internet and social media.Back then the first you would have heard about any of this was when it was reported after it had been done.

Far better days than this mass hysteria of the modern age.

Remember the manager and players are employee's of the football club they owe it nothing other than to give their best day to day.They will be sold and sacked in a heartbeat by the club so if they decide to leave then good luck too them.

Has a former coach at dcfc said once when I was at moor farm you sell your body to the club who will use it,abuse it then move it  on once they deem it is no more use to it.

.

 

Edited by Rambalin

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep that’s a no , I’m from a day when football fans were football fans ,passionate about their club not desperate to appear liberal and intellectual about everything, you rightly defend lampard for wanting to move to Chelsea if offered because that’s best for lampard but if a Derby fan is happy for lampard to be moved on because they feel it’s best for Derby now then they are entitled and delusional ,

hip trendy at all costs😀

You’ve obviously got me mixed up with somebody else mate. Or someone’s nicked my phone and posted without my knowledge as I’ve never suggested moving Lampard on to Chelsea whether good or bad.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

I have no idea how some off the posters on here would have survived without the internet and social media.Back then the first you would have heard about any of this was when it was reported after it had been done.

Far better days than this mass hysteria of the modern age.

Remember the manager and players are employee's of the football club they owe it nothing other than to give their best day to day.They will be sold and sacked in a heartbeat by the club so if they decide to leave then good luck too them.

Has a former coach at dcfc said once when I was at moor farm you sell your body to the club who will use it,abuse it then move it was on once they deem it is no more use to it.

.

 

Yeah yeah but frank had fun, on holiday..in June!!!!!! 

Nuff said.

😎

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.