Jump to content
Poynton ram

Lampard and the Chelsea job

David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Message added by David

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

That would be flippin' hilarious! We'd get the joy of him staying AND  the hilarity of the chelsea meltdowns

 

Sadly Steve as someone who was on board from the first minute he was mentioned and have enjoyed the season I just want him gone now , I thought he would raise our profile do a decent job over 2 to 3 years and be a positive whilst with us , I now think we need to Cut our losses and move on ( though have to do it to his and Chelsea time frame as we can’t let 4 mill go ) , raised profile , good season in terms of excitement ,money spinning cup runs and Wembley appearance,4 mill compo , job done ,good year for us ,let the lampard machine rumble on and find ourselves a good manager and have a few more coffers in our bank

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Archied said:

Sadly Steve as someone who was on board from the first minute he was mentioned and have enjoyed the season I just want him gone now , I thought he would raise our profile do a decent job over 2 to 3 years and be a positive whilst with us , I now think we need to Cut our losses and move on ( though have to do it to his and Chelsea time frame as we can’t let 4 mill go ) , raised profile , good season in terms of excitement ,money spinning cup runs and Wembley appearance,4 mill compo , job done ,good year for us ,let the lampard machine rumble on and find ourselves a good manager and have a few more coffers in our bank

Completely agree. When Lampard was linked, was so excited and throughout the season sort of had to keep pinching myself that such a legend of the game was our manager. And not just that, he seemed to be genuinely enjoying working for the club, building a rapport with the fans and understanding what Derby county is all about. I thought he would be here for the 3 years. But after this complete circus it feels like it has been tainted. Even if he stays, is this just going to happen every time Chelsea has a vacancy or a manager under pressure? I mean he did a decent job last year, but he showed naivety at times as any younger manager would and doesn’t seem ready for the Chelsea job, but who is going to blame him for the romance of it all.

The silence has been telling. Yes people will mention he is on holiday, but with the sheer level of rumours, ex players saying he is in talks, the clash song, the fact he’s supposedly in new contract talks and all the rest, he has to have said something at least by now, whether Chelsea have approached or not. If somehow he doesn’t leave it will feel like he waited and wanted the Chelsea job and only didn’t leave because Chelsea ended up looking elsewhere.

This time next weekend I 100 per cent expect him to be gone and after all this I think it may be for the best. Last season was the best season since 2014, some great memories but we really need to start looking forward to next season now. We are 6 weeks away from the season opener and we need a focused manager, back room staff and club to get the squad ready. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! £5 and a bag of footballs...reckon that's all we're seen as due!

‘Small fee’, I guess 4 million is in football terms!! 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ramos said:

‘Small fee’, I guess 4 million is in football terms!! 

Or perhaps small fee now to stop messing us round and let us get on with our prep or if we hold out for the correct 4 mill they and lampard keep us in limbo land and do their best to derail us 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Completely agree. When Lampard was linked, was so excited and throughout the season sort of had to keep pinching myself that such a legend of the game was our manager. And not just that, he seemed to be genuinely enjoying working for the club, building a rapport with the fans and understanding what Derby county is all about. I thought he would be here for the 3 years. But after this complete circus it feels like it has been tainted. Even if he stays, is this just going to happen every time Chelsea has a vacancy or a manager under pressure? I mean he did a decent job last year, but he showed naivety at times as any younger manager would and doesn’t seem ready for the Chelsea job, but who is going to blame him for the romance of it all.

The silence has been telling. Yes people will mention he is on holiday, but with the sheer level of rumours, ex players saying he is in talks, the clash song, the fact he’s supposedly in new contract talks and all the rest, he has to have said something at least by now, whether Chelsea have approached or not. If somehow he doesn’t leave it will feel like he waited and wanted the Chelsea job and only didn’t leave because Chelsea ended up looking elsewhere.

This time next weekend I 100 per cent expect him to be gone and after all this I think it may be for the best. Last season was the best season since 2014, some great memories but we really need to start looking forward to next season now. We are 6 weeks away from the season opener and we need a focused manager, back room staff and club to get the squad ready. 

 

For me he is now tainted already , more fool the Chelsea fans who are having their love for him as a player manipulated to fast track him to the top rung of management,  if he was manager at Man City or Liverpool now the loyalty to Chelsea thing would disappear quick smart ,he would not be going there in their hour of need with transfer ban ,lost hazard and bring in the youth players,

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Archied said:

For me he is now tainted already , more fool the Chelsea fans who are having their love for him as a player manipulated to fast track him to the top rung of management,  if he was manager at Man City or Liverpool now the loyalty to Chelsea thing would disappear quick smart ,he would not be going there in their hour of need with transfer ban ,lost hazard and bring in the youth players,

Lampard has literally done nothing and he's now tainted for you? What do you want him to do? If he said anything he'd be picking sides and alienating one set of fans, especially as Derby have still not been approached by chelsea, so there's nothing he really can say, he's said all there is to say at the end of last season. There's no one to pledge allegiance to, as he's done that with Derby and Chelsea haven't approached Derby. 

Really is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Does that mean if, all the media stuff ends up being guff and he stays, you'd want him sacked for literally doing nothing?

Share this post


Link to post

I think we are all fed up with all the rumours in the press about Lampard going to Chelsea. Needs to be sorted this week so we can plan for the season ahead. Hope frank stays but I think he’ll be on his way.

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! £5 and a bag of footballs...reckon that's all we're seen as due!

So the news has just caught up in Asia? Rehashed story from 3-4 days ago

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Lampard has literally done nothing and he's now tainted for you? What do you want him to do? If he said anything he'd be picking sides and alienating one set of fans, especially as Derby have still not been approached by chelsea, so there's nothing he really can say, he's said all there is to say at the end of last season. There's no one to pledge allegiance to, as he's done that with Derby and Chelsea haven't approached Derby. 

Really is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Does that mean if, all the media stuff ends up being guff and he stays, you'd want him sacked for literally doing nothing?

Nice to see someone else on here that’s sane and doesn’t have delusions of entitlement.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Archied said:

Or perhaps small fee now to stop messing us round and let us get on with our prep or if we hold out for the correct 4 mill they and lampard keep us in limbo land and do their best to derail us 

Frank is contracted to Derby and Chelsea know what they need to pay to get him.  If Frank wants to front the money, that's his business, but one way or another we will get our money, or he will just stay with us.  They are in a position where they need him much more than we need to let him go.

Edited by ramit
typo

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! £5 and a bag of footballs...reckon that's all we're seen as due!

Ah Fox Sports Asia, the premier source of championship football gossip.

Where would we be without it?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nice to see someone else on here that’s sane and doesn’t have delusions of entitlement.

What are you talking about entitlement 😀, another hip and trendy buzzword used to try to look intellectual,

im not entitled to anything and don’t want to be entitled to anything , my opinion is based on watching events unfold and are just that ,opinions ,not forced on anybody else , not considered to make me smarter or more sane than those that see it differently or less deluded ,

you hold your opinion and best of luck to you , me I’m happy now to see lampard move on and pocket a few bob for our club and given my reasoning for reaching that opinion

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nice to see someone else on here that’s sane and doesn’t have delusions of entitlement.

I don't understand it at all. Nothing's happening, Derby are still preparing for the new season with Lampard as manager yet he's getting criticised for things other people are doing and talking about. Even if he were to go, taking the sentimentality out of it, any manager would be crazy to not want to go from the championship to a champions league club. The mentality of 'he owes us' doesn't make sense to me at all. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.